EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 PSU is Out

i like the look of this psu and all the bonus stuff but geez that price at 449$ is a bit much for my taste

Would like to see the [H] review of it.
:)

We were contacted by EVGA some time ago about their new power supply lineup. However, in the end, EVGA was unwilling or afraid to send us product and it never materialized. Usually, I would just go buy the unit in such a situation, as we do often for this kind of issue and to verify unexpected results when they arise, however we are stacked way deep with things to do from brands that can deliver product at the moment.

We were contacted by EVGA some time ago about their new power supply lineup. However, in the end, EVGA was unwilling or afraid to send us product and it never materialized. Usually, I would just go buy the unit in such a situation, as we do often for this kind of issue and to verify unexpected results when they arise, however we are stacked way deep with things to do from brands that can deliver product at the moment.

Yikes. A bit sketchy. I'd totally loan my NEX1500 PSU to you guys if you'd be interested in doing a review sooner rather than later...I receive it on 8/28 and I could turn it around on that day...let me know...(my 240VAC isn't going in until next month, anyway).

You'd have a voided warranty though, as they'd want to pull the cover off that sucker to see the build quality.

It's out?

Where can one buy it?

I think this is just another press release.

It's out?

Where can one buy it?

It was available on their website yesterday, seems like it has been taken down though.

According to EVGA, those that won the sweepstakes should be having theirs shipped out now or soon, along with the review samples.

It's out?

Where can one buy it?

I posted in your very own forums that it was out - with a link to buy it from EVGA's store and the price - hours ago. You even replied to the post! :cool:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showpost.php?p=91399&postcount=89

I bought mine yesterday and it shipped out. It will arrive 8/28. They are saying it wasn't removed from their site and that it was just an error (reference link). So I guess it'll be back up for sale soon.

EDIT: OEM confirmed by EVGA as Etasis - http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1716659&mpage=3#1718756

Last edited:
I posted in your very own forums that it was out - with a link to buy it from EVGA's store and the price - hours ago. You even replied to the post! :cool:

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic. This thing has paper launched a dozen times. Didn't know they actually started selling them, though. Interesting that you bought one before seeing a single review.

I do believe some review samples will be going out soon though, so that means it's only a matter of time until we do see it for sale.

It's interesting because buying something sight unseen, or data unseen in this case usually implies blind faith in a company. Not always the best judgement in this industry, especially when it comes to power supplies.

Not to say there's going to be anything of note going on, at least I'd hope not with a $450 power supply.

It's interesting because buying something sight unseen, or data unseen in this case usually implies blind faith in a company. Not always the best judgement in this industry, especially when it comes to power supplies.

Not to say there's going to be anything of note going on, at least I'd hope not with a $450 power supply.

True. I get that. I'm definitely taking a risk. I've had great experiences dealing with EVGA so I guess I am going into this with blind faith.

I bought mine today.:)

Order Summary
1 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified Power Supply
Item #:120-PG-1500-XR
Subtotal $449.99
Tax $0.00
Shipping via UPS Ground $4.99
Order Total $454.98

Thank you for shopping at evga.com Please review Store Terms for returning policy.

True. I get that. I'm definitely taking a risk. I've had great experiences dealing with EVGA...

And EVGA has an excellent reputation for power supplies... oh... wait...

From what I read on the JG forums, a review is coming shortly. There are a few out from TechSpot and HiTech Legion, however I will wait for the big guns to do the reviews before getting too excited.

The Techpowerup review gave it editors choice even though it goes outside of ATX spec. For something this exspensive, it damn well better be in spec 100% of the time...

What are the people buying this PS for? A quad cpu, tri sli gaming rig? rofl

I am just wondering what kind of system will come close to utilizing the full 1500 or coming close.

A dual overclocked SR-2 (LGA1366) system with 4 580s overclocked on water will easily exceed 1500.

A dual overclocked SR-2 (LGA1366) system with 4 580s overclocked on water will easily exceed 1500.

Thanks!

That would be a sweet setup. It could also double as a space heater. :cool:

Back