eVGA Supernova 16OOw P+ $199

Seems like a g00d deal. Seasonic platform?
I know several of their PSs are Seasonic rebrands, but not sure about this particular one. With that said, with the 10 year warranty and good user reviews I'm willing to give it a shot. EVGA hasn't let me down yet. I've been using the 1300w G2 for 5 years or so now.

Running my 3090 on a 1000 G6. I'll probably be going 4090, and really hope my power supply will suffice. I'm very tempted to grab this, and sell my current one and only be out $100-$120 for the upgrade.

Looks like it's out of stock now.
Bleh, I tried to do the bundle thing right after he posted the deal, assuming that was the only way to get one but even then, just the auto notify button. Ah well, I do not need another power supply. Just wanted to see how much shipping would be...and taxes...and how long it would take to get here. :)

Bleh, I tried to do the bundle thing right after he posted the deal, assuming that was the only way to get one but even then, just the auto notify button. Ah well, I do not need another power supply. Just wanted to see how much shipping would be...and taxes...and how long it would take to get here. :)
Got my order In early this morning. $214.99 after tax with free ground ups shipping. I should have posted as soon as I saw it :(

I'm almost positive these are FSP built. It's been a minute since I researched them (EVGA forums has the info I believe).They are a great deal at only 2 bills. How the hell are you supposed to order them from EVGA!?
This appears to be correct. FSP is the OEM, at least a few results in an online search lead me to believe that is the case

I'd buy a P2. The P2 OEM is Superflower. The P+ is FSP. I just bought a 1000W P2 while it was on sale.

EDIT: It was the T2 that I bought, which is the 80 PLUS Titanium version. The OEM is still Superflower on that model. I got them mixed up in my head...

Last edited:
Just want to clarify that it was the T2 model that I bought. It's the 80 PLUS Titanium version. OEM is still Superflower on those.

This is a great deal. I bought a 1200W P2 in 2015 that ran Titan Xm in SLI and even 3-way SLI for a bit. One unit did die suddenly within a year but EVGA replaced it quickly and that one has been rock solid since.

Personally waiting on the PCIE 5.0 connectors to come out before I buy a new PSU as the adapters aren’t cheap. The EVGA perFE adapter cost me $40, I’m betting the 4000 series adapters will be at least that much.

1600 P2 is Super Flower, as well. Very nice deal.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-1600-p2-1600w-power-supply,4039-11

Just FYI - Corsair AX1600i units can be had used for around $300 if you're looking to level up even further. They're virtually indestructible PSUs so used is new. :) I'd buy the 1600 P2 but I already have 2x 1600i's stocked up due to the miner meltdown lol. I gotta stop!
There is no sense in paying $100 more for a used PSU. You get a 10 year warranty with these.

Now, I'm second guessing the 1600 P+. For some reason I thought the OEM was Super Flower for it. It even has that "rough" look of the G2, P2 and T2 variants. For $30 more, I can get the P2 and send back the P+ that already shipped for about $20 in postage. Is it worth the $50 swap? The plan is for a 13900K and 4090.

Now, I'm second guessing the 1600 P+. For some reason I thought the OEM was Super Flower for it. It even has that "rough" look of the G2, P2 and T2 variants. For $30 more, I can get the P2 and send back the P+ that already shipped for about $20 in postage. Is it worth the $50 swap? The plan is for a 13900K and 4090.
I would say no.

FSP isn't as consistent in quality, though at this high of a price/performance level maybe the differences are less significant. FSP has made both good and bad units.

Seems hard to find many reviews on the P+ at all- having trouble finding any on hardware review sites. Only retailers- and those, as always, vary from "this unit caught fire and so did the replacement, 1 star" to "this unit handled multiple 3090s just fine"...

FSP isn't as consistent in quality, though at this high of a price/performance level maybe the differences are less significant. FSP has made both good and bad units.

Seems hard to find many reviews on the P+ at all- having trouble finding any on hardware review sites. Only retailers- and those, as always, vary from "this unit caught fire and so did the replacement, 1 star" to "this unit handled multiple 3090s just fine"...
FSP has been making power supplies for oems for ages now and probably build them to whatever spec they are told to, from 'burn your house down crap', to 'needs to be stable enough to detect muons' (okay, so that part is probably an exaggeration, but you get my point :D).

Retailers reviews are also going to be only as good as the padding by the marketing army and the number of fakes that retailer is selling. On line reviews are nearly worthless today, and even some of the hardware reviews depending on the bias.

I'm looking at their power supply page and very many of these units are on sale. I'm looking for a 1200 or higher unit, which one should I get? I see P3's, P2's, P+'s, etc...

This post at EVGA forums seems to outline at least some known OEM information/reviews on various EVGA units
P2, T2, P3, G6, P6 seem like optimal choices

Interesting this post mentions coil whine with the P+ :eek:

Oh, just noticed the post is by our very own LFaWolf :cool:
(scroll down on that page if it doesn't anchor properly, i'm having trouble with the EVGA permalinks in Edge, at least)

Last edited:
Any of the 2 or 3 series are SuperFlower. The P6 1000w that came out in jan is Seasonic. I cant remember if the G6 is FSP or something else.

Nvm- the EVGA thread has them all ;)

I ended up buying a 1200W P2, and then a keyboard and wireless mouse since they were heavily discounted as well. I'm a bit worried about the noise complaints on the P2, but hopefully it'll be fine.

Are these being sold at a big discount because they are gonna have a new rail for higher watt GPUs?

I know you can use those adapters but I'd rather have a native 12 pin.

Are these being sold at a big discount because they are gonna have a new rail for higher watt GPUs?

I know you can use those adapters but I'd rather have a native 12 pin.
Pretty sure EVGA is clearing these out to make room for ones with 12-pin connectors for NV cards since that is what they mainly sell.

I grabbed a 1600W P2 to put on the shelf. Great deal. I have a feeling we are about to see high wattage PSU prices go up a good bit very shortly.
What about the connection? Pci e 5 with the 12 pins for next gen cards?

Back