EVGA store Z490 Dark sale

D-EJ915

[H]ard|Gawd
EVGA has the Z490 Dark KP and regular editions on sale from their rather absurd regular prices and are now much more reasonable compared to the competition (Apex $420).

They were $50 off for black friday sale this is much better.

Z490 Dark Kingpin $450
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=131-CL-E499-KP

Z490 Dark $400
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=131-CL-E499-KR

The SR-3, Z490 FTW and X299 FTW are also on sale but they have been these prices quite often lately. https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=1

Outside of the company, what really draws people to EVGA motherboards? They seem extremely pricey for the featureset, outside of a few older boards. None of the Z490 lineup seems appropriately specced or priced. I like EVGA's GPUs and really try to stick with them on that, but I've never seen the appeal of their motherboards.

Sure, the extremely pricey top of the line ones may be for extreme OC, but what of the others?

Last edited:
Outside of the company, what really draws people to EVGA motherboards? They seem extremely pricey for the featureset, outside of a few older boards. None of the Z490 lineup seems appropriately specced or priced. I live EVGA's GPUs and really try to stick with them on that, but I've never seen the appeal of their motherboards.

Sure, the extremely pricey top of the line ones may be for extreme OC, but what of the others?
So the biggest reason I suspect most folks are drawn to EVGA is their warranty, you can purchase up to 10 years extended warranty which covers almost any incident with exception to physical damage (including overclocking), I still have an P67 SLI mobo with 6 months of warranty left from my last build in 2011.
In my experience the two likeliest primary parts to fail are the motherboard first and PSU second, CPU and ram are very very unlikely to die (and ram often has lifetime warranty) so if GPU/mobo are covered everything else that fails is an acceptable risk.
Even though I'm not substantially pushing my board, the peace of mind that a replacement just costs $20 in shipping if there are any issues is great (and my dealings with their support has been top notch).

And while its pricey for the feature set, they are generally in the higher tier performance for even their FTW/SLI boards, I can attest the Z390 FTW has a pretty great VRM.
I just had to RMA last month with my z390 actually, still not sure what happened, but they sent a advanced replacement doing a charge/chargeback on my credit card so I didnt have to send it back first.

I am dreading a little bit having to go with another motherboard with a future AMD build as I really like that protection bubble.
I try to buy the top end of whatever is available when I refresh and get 6-7 years out of it (generally upgrading the GPU closer to every 3-4).

Outside of the company, what really draws people to EVGA motherboards? They seem extremely pricey for the featureset, outside of a few older boards. None of the Z490 lineup seems appropriately specced or priced. I live EVGA's GPUs and really try to stick with them on that, but I've never seen the appeal of their motherboards.

Mostly the support, I think. EVGA probably has the best service in the industry right now, even after the lifetime warranty got downgraded to 10 years. Unlike other manufacturers they seem to reliably honor warranty claims, will sometimes even fix your board for you for out-of-warranty damage, and will give you a free upgrade ten years down the line if you warranty an out-of-production part with no back stock.

There are also certainly those of us who remember the glory days of EVGA - the X58 era was full of crazy things like the Classified, the SR-2, and the Untouchables.

They used to have some of the best motherboards out there during the X58 days, I'm not sure what happened afterwards but I believe a lot of the engineers left. They are still good from what I hear, but not really anything special outside of the warranty.

Back