EVGA Step Up to 3XXX card

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Has anyone actually gotten a card through the step up program yet? Just curious. I have two 3070s I was planning on Stepping Up to 3080s, but was wondering about the timeframe. I can't imagine it's high on the EVGA priority list right now.

I've seen people claim they've completed their step-up after 3 or more months in the queue. I queued first week of January so I'm hoping to step up from my 3060 ti to a 3080 in April/May. Who knows though. I'm fortunate to live within an hour of two Micro Center's and they get 3xxx stock in every week. I've considered just going after another card there and selling my 3060 ti.

3080 FTW step ups are apparently still on launch day sign ups or maybe a day later according to the step up thread on the EVGA forum. If you sign up now you’ll be waiting...a LONG time. Pretty sure it’s the slowest moving queue in EVGA’s system overall.

3080 FTW step ups are apparently still on launch day sign ups or maybe a day later according to the step up thread on the EVGA forum. If you sign up now you’ll be waiting...a LONG time. Pretty sure it’s the slowest moving queue in EVGA’s system overall.

Oh well. I guess I could change it to a 3090 but that's just a lot of money.

Oh well. I guess I could change it to a 3090 but that's just a lot of money.
The 3090 FTW3 step up queue is moving faster. I believe it’s at end of October or early November right now. So about a 3 month wait vs the 3080 FTW3 step up queue that is 5-6 months and increasing as time goes on.

I’m waiting until the end of my step up period (late March) to step my 3090 XC3 up to a 3090 FTW3. Will probably get my FTW3 card in the summer. Hoping EVGA irons out the power delivery and red light of death issues on the FTW3 cards before the point of no return on my step-up process. Otherwise I will stick with my XC3.

I am a day one step-up to 3080 FTW3, and still in queue. I wish I would have chosen 3090 and been done with it.

I got a step-up 3080 FTW3 Ultra card the other day.
It was a friend of my brother that got it last week and I bought it through my brother with his friend thinking my brother was buying it. gave my brother $1000 for it.

Decided to actually just submit my step up now for the 3090 FTW3. At the rate it’s going I’ll probably get it around May or June at the latest.

I got a step-up 3080 FTW3 Ultra card the other day.
It was a friend of my brother that got it last week and I bought it through my brother with his friend thinking my brother was buying it. gave my brother $1000 for it.

When did they put in for the step up?

If it was a FTW3 Ultra, it was a day one step-up. It's all that was offered in the 3080's for day ones and they're still on day one.

When did they put in for the step up?
I have no idea. I can ask my brother to ask his friend.
EDIT: I talked talked to my brother and his friend bought it direct from EVGA on the 19th of January.

Last edited:
Ah, so it wasn't a step-up at all, that explains why he got it so quickly.

I'm hoping they get some 3080 FTW3 Ultras out this week, they haven't released any in step-up since 1/27 and when they're only releasing a few at a time every couple of weeks it's enough to drive a sane man mad :confused:

lol right, I signed up 9/17 thinking meh I don't need to shop for any it won't be long....

If anyone's curious or keeping track they sent out a handful of 3080 ftw3 Ultras today, they're up to about 5-6pm est on day one (9/17) by the looks of the spreadsheet and forum thread. My dumb ass didn't remember until after 9pm est on day one, so waiting probably another month at least as their pattern seems to be a handful of cards every two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's curious or keeping track they sent out a handful of 3080 ftw3 Ultras today, they're about 5-6pm est on day one (9/17) by the looks of the spreadsheet and forum thread. My dumb ass didn't remember until after 9pm est on day one, so waiting probably another month at least as their pattern seems to be a handful of cards every two weeks.

I am curious as to how they are progressing (or not as the case seems to be). Looks like the April deadline before the price increase isn't going to happen for me (December step up).

They are not past 1pm for the 17th of Sept. Literally.

I signed up on the 21st of Sept. At this rate it'll be 2022 before you get a 3080. It's been 5 months and for that time the queue moved 4 hours. Buckle up.

They are not past 1pm for the 17th of Sept. Literally.

I signed up on the 21st of Sept. At this rate it'll be 2022 before you get a 3080. It's been 5 months and for that time the queue moved 4 hours. Buckle up.

Clearly it's not a high priority for them. On the other hand, it's still a reasonably priced 3080 if you ever get one.

They're passed 1pm, 09/17 17:51 is the last one on the spreadsheet tracking them. Not that it's much better but they're at 5:51pm on the first day orders for 3080 FTW3 Ultras. :p

I'm less than 10 people away on the spreadsheet, so close yet so far.

They're passed 1pm, 09/17 17:51 is the last one on the spreadsheet tracking them. Not that it's much better but they're at 5:51pm on the first day orders for 3080 FTW3 Ultras. :p

I'm less than 10 people away on the spreadsheet, so close yet so far.
I’ve been in queue for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra since 09/23 around 6pm and have another that’s been in queue since 12/15 (that’s ones definitely gonna be awhile lol)

I too have been waiting since October 1st. Not even an update or anything, just in queue....

It might a full year before you can step-up lol

If it's a step-up to 3080 ftw3, it's going to be a bit yah. They're still on day one step-ups which was 9/17/20. They're up to about 6pm EST on that day.

If it's a step-up to 3080 ftw3, it's going to be a bit yah. They're still on day one step-ups which was 9/17/20. They're up to about 6pm EST on that day.
Mine was for the Ultra but nothing still.

Mine was for the Ultra but nothing still.
Yes, the FTW3 Ultra was the only one for step-up at launch, I think they added the XC after, but not sure. So everyone referencing the 3080 FTW step-up is referencing Ultra. To the best of my knowledge, the non ultra 3080 FTW3 never actually launched, their queue to buy never moved and sites with their SKU have been coming soon since launch date.

Yes, the FTW3 Ultra was the only one for step-up at launch, I think they added the XC after, but not sure. So everyone referencing the 3080 FTW step-up is referencing Ultra. To the best of my knowledge, the non ultra 3080 FTW3 never actually launched, their queue to buy never moved and sites with their SKU have been coming soon since launch date.
No XC3 variants are available for step up this time around, only FTW3. Which is interesting because in the past it was the opposite. Guess EVGA is really trying to squeeze every ASIC for what it is worth.

No XC3 variants are available for step up this time around, only FTW3. Which is interesting because in the past it was the opposite. Guess EVGA is really trying to squeeze every ASIC for what it is worth.

Including by almost exclusively selling them "new" rather than as "step ups" evidently.

There are two different queues for the "notify" to purchase and the "step up."
I put in for a step up from my 2070 for the ultra and I also got in the que to buy the 3080 Ultra and the 3070. I wil go with whatever hits first.

Last edited:
Finally got my step 2 email today. They're getting close to the end of day one (9/17) step ups on 3080s.

FUCK YOU EVGA!

I just got notified that my 3070 XC3 which I bought in January was eligible to be stepped up to a 3090. I had previously uploaded my receipt, etc. Now they are denying my step up because the "pickup person" on my Best Buy receipt is different than me. Well, news flash, EVGA, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING CARDS AT MY LOCAL BEST BUY. So rather than admit defeat when they told me there was no card within 250 miles of me, I found one near my friend and had him pick it up and ship it. Now they are going to deny my step up for my forward thinking.

I sent them a support request ticket explaining the situation...

Additional drama from EVGA...

4/14/21 - 8:08 PM - Receive the Step 4 of 5 notice for Payment for the step upped card and payment was made
4/14/21 - 8:52 PM - Re-upload invoice request
4/15/21 - 7:24 AM - Send a support ticket reuploading the invoice saying that my friend picked up the card as there was no BestBuy within 250 miles that had the card.
4/15/21 - 2:38 PM - Received the Step 5 of 5 notice that the RMA/Step Up was approved with an RMA number and directions to send my card back in
4/16/21 - 9:54 AM - Card is shipped out
4/16/21 - 10:53 AM - Response to my support ticket saying that they did not accept my invoice.

So...what happens now?

Last edited:
Additional drama from EVGA...

4/14/21 - 8:08 PM - Receive the Step 4 of 5 notice for Payment for the step upped card and payment was made
4/14/21 - 8:52 PM - Re-upload invoice request
4/15/21 - 7:24 AM - Send a support ticket reuploading the invoice saying that my friend picked up the card as there was no BestBuy within 250 miles that had the card.
4/15/21 - 2:38 PM - Received the Step 5 of 5 notice that the RMA/Step Up was approved with an RMA number and directions to send my card back in
4/16/21 - 9:54 AM - Card is shipped out
4/16/21 - 10:53 AM - Response to my support ticket saying that they did not accept my invoice.

So...what happens now?
Photoshop your name over the invoice? What a bullshit reason to deny your step-up.

Photoshop your name over the invoice? What a bullshit reason to deny your step-up.

The problem I have right now is that they issued me an RMA number AFTER they "denied" my step up. So I shipped it out in good faith assuming that if they issued the RMA then they accepted my uploaded receipt. Now am I going to get a step up or did I just send my 3070 on a cross country tour and they'll ship it back?

I've already uploaded the receipt twice, so if the name magically changes, I'm sure that they'll deny it anyway.

So your friend paid for it, and you registered the card in your name and address OP? I am confused as to what the situation was.

So your friend paid for it, and you registered the card in your name and address OP? I am confused as to what the situation was.

I ordered it using his CC info checking out as a guest and listing him as the pickup person, and he picked it up in January. My friend shipped me the card, and when I received it and tested it, I uploaded the receipt showing the best buy order #, the date, the location, and the pickup person. It was accepted on the EVGA site in January. No problems.

Then I go through the step up process. After the step of accepting my payment for the new card, they tell me there's a problem with the invoice. I contacted them explaining the situation, and then they seemingly accept it issuing me an RMA number later that day, so I ship out the card, and then they tell me that they are denying it again.

If they are going to deny based on the name on the receipt, so be it. It's kind of a shitty thing to do as I am the only person to ever register the card, and the only reason I did it that way was because there were no cards available near me and I had to think fast to try to get a card period. But if you're going to deny it for some bullshit reason, DON'T ISSUE ME AN RMA NUMBER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO MAIL THE CARD IN. They issued me the number after they initially told me that they weren't going to accept the invoice, but before they responded to my service ticket. I thought that the issuance of the RMA number WAS the response to my service ticket.

And now that I mailed the card in, what am I going to get back?

Edit: I wonder if I should contact the post office to try and get the package back.

Last edited:
Back