EVGA step up starting to...

Timbowens

[H]ard|Gawd
...piss me off.

Yesterday, I initiated my step up process to go from a 8800gts 320 to a 8800gt. I got two emails from EVGA, one acknowledging I started the step up, and another one saying it was accepted and I needed to email or fax a copy of my original invoice to them

So I fax over my original invoice, immediatly, and I thought that was that. Well, I didn't get an email today saying they got it, but I figured it might be a while.

So I called just to see how long it would be. When I talked to the guy on the phone he didn't seem to be interested in helping me, and when I told him I faxed something in and I wanted to know if they got it. He told me he would check, and he did. He told me he didn't get it.

My question is, how the hell did he know what fax I sent in? I didn't give him my name or anything. All I told him was yesterday it said I was in the queue as number 15, and I'm still there today. I don't even think he heard me.

Also, the emails I got didn't say to add anything on the invoice so they could associate it with my account. So how do they know, when my invoice comes in, which step up it belongs with.

Unless I'm missing something their process is half assed.

I'm guessing you told him some sort of information that he could have used to find your fax, or why else would you ask him to look for it?

Also, maybe they hadn't received any faxes today, or not in the time frame you were asking about.

I'm guessing you told him some sort of information that he could have used to find your fax, or why else would you ask him to look for it?

Also, maybe they hadn't received any faxes today, or not in the time frame you were asking about.

I didn't tell him anything lol. I sent the fax yesterday.

Welcome to their customer service, some people swear by it, some people swear at it.

e-mailing them the receipt.

Also noticed that in the time between me placing the step-up request and the time I called, the item was now showing as out of stock.

I asked the guy I was talking to if I would get a card, and he said "just follow the process on the screen". I said, it says it's in queue (at this point he started talking over me and wouldn't shut up), then when I could finally get a word in, I explained that when I put in the request, it said "in stock" and that I thought one would be reserved by me starting the process. He said "well if it says in process, it's in process." I said "it says in queue, number 94, what exactly does that mean?" He, being the biggest wise ass I've dealt with at any "service" department in years said "that means there's 93 people in front of you.". . . I'd love to slap this twit upside the head.

He couldn't give me one single piece of useful information, and was a complete ass throughout the call. I'm tempted to call back and ask for a supervisor.

Everyone,

We are processing these as we have boards available. We do require that you send us a copy of your invoice, currently due to limited board there is a waiting list. We will still process as we can. Once we have product available you will receive an email and then you can finish up the process.

Sorry for the confusion.

If you still have other questions you are welcome to email me directly.

EVGA is very committed to the community and will do what is can as quikly as it can for its customers.

Thank you,
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

I'm tempted to call back and ask for a supervisor.
I do each and every time. I don't let those jerks pull anything. If they don't like their job that much (or simply are an ass all the time), they shouldn't be in the kind of job. I always make sure to speak to a supervisor/manager, and make sure to file a formal complaint.
Sometimes, if they really irk me, I call the manager back and ask what was done a few days later.

...piss me off.

Yesterday, I initiated my step up process to go from a 8800gts 320 to a 8800gt. I got two emails from EVGA, one acknowledging I started the step up, and another one saying it was accepted and I needed to email or fax a copy of my original invoice to them

So I fax over my original invoice, immediatly, and I thought that was that. Well, I didn't get an email today saying they got it, but I figured it might be a while.

So I called just to see how long it would be. When I talked to the guy on the phone he didn't seem to be interested in helping me, and when I told him I faxed something in and I wanted to know if they got it. He told me he would check, and he did. He told me he didn't get it.

My question is, how the hell did he know what fax I sent in? I didn't give him my name or anything. All I told him was yesterday it said I was in the queue as number 15, and I'm still there today. I don't even think he heard me.

Also, the emails I got didn't say to add anything on the invoice so they could associate it with my account. So how do they know, when my invoice comes in, which step up it belongs with.

Unless I'm missing something their process is half assed.

By telling him you are number 15 in queue, he could easily pull up your info to check.

ekierce,

I am the Director of Technical Marketing and you are welcome to call me if you have an issue so I can directly assist you.

Thank you,
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

e-mailing them the receipt.

Also noticed that in the time between me placing the step-up request and the time I called, the item was now showing as out of stock.

I asked the guy I was talking to if I would get a card, and he said "just follow the process on the screen". I said, it says it's in queue (at this point he started talking over me and wouldn't shut up), then when I could finally get a word in, I explained that when I put in the request, it said "in stock" and that I thought one would be reserved by me starting the process. He said "well if it says in process, it's in process." I said "it says in queue, number 94, what exactly does that mean?" He, being the biggest wise ass I've dealt with at any "service" department in years said "that means there's 93 people in front of you.". . . I'd love to slap this twit upside the head.

He couldn't give me one single piece of useful information, and was a complete ass throughout the call. I'm tempted to call back and ask for a supervisor.

You do have to realize that they are probably being swarmed with people calling asking about small things like this right?

If the card is out of stock you will still get one, it will just take longer for them to finish your step-up process.

Maybe next time just read the FAQ?

http://evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3

Q: What if the product I want to Step-Up to is BACKORDERED?
A: You may select the backordered part as your Step-Up card, and you will be placed on a queue. As long as your request was submitted within the first 90 days of your purchase, it does not matter when the product becomes available for Step-Up, even if that period of time exceeds the alotted 90 days. Once available, you will receive an email notification allowing you to continue the Step-Up process.
While you are on the queue, you do not have to send anything, neither the invoice/receipt nor your video card, until such time that you receive an email requesting you to do so.

I do each and every time. I don't let those jerks pull anything. If they don't like their job that much (or simply are an ass all the time), they shouldn't be in the kind of job. I always make sure to speak to a supervisor/manager, and make sure to file a formal complaint.
Sometimes, if they really irk me, I call the manager back and ask what was done a few days later.

this is a great example of why i would never work in customer service or any kind of people service. life is too short and there isnt enough money in the world to have to deal with arrogant petty people all day. wow man you should get a medal. formal complaint lmao.

Also I have to wonder, what answer did you expect from him when you said what does being number 94 in the queue meant?

Obviously a queue is like a line, and if you are 94 then there are 93 people in front of you... so all he did was answer your question.

If you don't want stupid answers, don't ask stupid questions I suppose.

You do have to realize that they are probably being swarmed with people calling asking about small things like this right?

If the card is out of stock you will still get one, it will just take longer for them to finish your step-up process.

I'm well aware of what that says. The problem is I'm 15 in line, and I should have one allocated to me.

Their email messages are bad, to say the least. The last email I got told me to send in a copy of my invoice. It didn't say to put my name or serial number on it.

I just got another email, not 10 minutes ago, saying to fax or email a copy of my invoice in and attach my name and serial number.

I will be mad if I have to wait on backorder because someone else got my card, because EVGA thought I didn't send in a copy of my invoice.

I realize they are getting swamped, but their process has a flaw. I don't like getting screwed because of flaws.

this is a great example of why i would never work in customer service or any kind of people service. life is too short and there isnt enough money in the world to have to deal with arrogant petty people all day. wow man you should get a medal. formal complaint lmao.
See quote below:
at this point he started talking over me and wouldn't shut up), then when I could finally get a word in, I explained that when I put in the request, it said "in stock" and that I thought one would be reserved by me starting the process. He said "well if it says in process, it's in process."
<snip>
I can deal with idiotic people. In fact, in my position, I have to day in and day out. However, I don't get smart with people, nor do I start talking over them. If I hear them start to say something, I stop what I'm saying and listen to them.
Also, I do not half-ass a response. "Well if it says this then that means this." didn't come close to answering what the OP had asked him. He could've said "Yes, you should've been reserved, let me see why you wern't." or "No, it's not reserved until xxxxx time.". Instead, said individual elected to be an asshat about it. Not cool.
It's all a matter of being curteous - obviously something you have a hard time grasping.
He's paid to sit there, take calls, and help customers. He is representing the company on each and every call he takes. If you were running a company, would you want someone like that show casing himself as he did?
I certainly hope not.

i grasp things just fine thanks. if you look again i was quoting you not the other guy complaining. calling someone a jerk because you dont get your way makes you come off as an arrogant blowhard, which you may or may not be as i dont know you. i just found it funny you go around filing formal complaints lol. do you do that in a tux or can you wear regular clothes?

That was a marketing gimmick started a couple years ago for publicity and sales....like anything (such as lifetime warranties) as soon as too many people take advantage of it and it starts eroding their profits...the level of service goes down or the program goes away altogether.

I'm well aware of what that says. The problem is I'm 15 in line, and I should have one allocated to me.

Their email messages are bad, to say the least. The last email I got told me to send in a copy of my invoice. It didn't say to put my name or serial number on it.

I just got another email, not 10 minutes ago, saying to fax or email a copy of my invoice in and attach my name and serial number.

I will be mad if I have to wait on backorder because someone else got my card, because EVGA thought I didn't send in a copy of my invoice.

I realize they are getting swamped, but their process has a flaw. I don't like getting screwed because of flaws.

That response was aimed at the other guy not you :)

Everyone,

If you have questions I have posted my phone number and email address and here to support you guys.

I prefer you email rather than flam each other, I am here to help and will answer your questions directly.

I took a few calls and in less than 1 min they were taken care of.

Also, if you are in queue, please send in your invoice and once your order is released and we have product ready for you we will send you another email to alert you.

We are processing these as fast as we can as we have products available. No one is getting left behind because they did not send in an invoice, we alert you several times of the steps.

If you have suggestions on the emails you received please forward me your email to my email [email protected] with your comments on what would have made it clear so I can help to correct these and make the process smoother for everyone.

EVGA is here to help its customers and provide top level support!

Thanks
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

Also I have to wonder, what answer did you expect from him when you said what does being number 94 in the queue meant?

Obviously a queue is like a line, and if you are 94 then there are 93 people in front of you... so all he did was answer your question.

If you don't want stupid answers, don't ask stupid questions I suppose.

That was not a stupid question.
Your post is as full of itself as the evga person ekierce spoke with.
ekierce knows how to count and what a line is and how they work.
Here is ekierce question ." I said "it says in queue, number 94, what exactly does that mean?" do you realy not know what ekierce was asking ?
Here is a clue, you think about it and get back to us. Your clue is the word :"exactly".
You see ekierce put the word "exactly" in the sentance because a normal person knows how that word changes the whole sentance and in turn a normal person should know what it is you are asking of them .

Hey everyone, Joe is a good guy. I spoke with him, but I wouldn't advise calling, he is busy with the launch. Shoot him and email.

The only reason I did is my wife's name is on the invoice for my original card, and I had to let it know it was for me.

Guys, if you really have an issue that needs to be resolved please do not hesitate to call Joe. If you cannot get ahold of him for any reason please feel free to contact me as well, i can make sure that you get taken care of. I dont understand why you guys are flaming each other when we are all here to help you.:confused:

Personally i dont think you have anything to grip about...We are very lucky EVGA even offers this to its customers....Although thier prices are jacked up....I still give EVGA major Kudo's for even doing this....

EVGA best brand ever!

OP needs to stop whinning and realize that the card is brand new. You should be glad EVGA is even allowing you to step up. Try selling your old card right now and see what you can get for it.

Note: From personal experience I can tell you that for every person that you talk to at any customer servive desk, that sounds rude, that person talks to 100 more people that are even worse.

Everyone,

If you have questions I have posted my phone number and email address and here to support you guys.

I prefer you email rather than flam each other, I am here to help and will answer your questions directly.

Also, if you are in queue, please send in your invoice and once your order is released and we have product ready for you we will send you another email to alert you.

We are processing these as fast as we can as we have products available. No one is getting left behind because they did not send in an invoice, we alert you several times of the steps.

If you have suggestions on the emails you received please forward me your email to my email [email protected] with your comments on what would have made it clear so I can help to correct these and make the process smoother for everyone.

Thanks
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

Man, my next card will be an EVGA for sure-talk about top notch support! I was pretty stuck on BFG for a while, but I'm definitely making the switch when I buy my 8800gt :D

Nice to see that you are looking out for [H] members, Joe. Keep it up!

Man, my next card will be an EVGA for sure-talk about top notch support! I was pretty stuck on BFG for a while, but I'm definitely making the switch when I buy my 8800gt :D

Nice to see that you are looking out for [H] members, Joe. Keep it up!

You wont regret it dude. They are awesome...The only reason Iam running XFX right now is because I got 2 awesome deals on them used..If that wouldnot have come around they would definetly be EVGA...

I work in customer service (tech support) and most of my call (99%) of them go smoothly, with no one yelling at me, so on. I think it's b/c I'm patient and constantly showing sympathy for the customer's situation allows me to go thru my day without sweating.

Then i also hear a couple of guys near me almost always in a yelling match with customers but when I hear their tone of voice, it's so fucking condescending no wonder they have a tough time. There are definitely dumb customers, but most are just normal ppl having a problem.

And evga Joe is really stepping up. I don't agree with the way the customer service rep handled the call with the Timbowens, but their director is stepping up!

I suggest evga to all my friends except myself cuz i'm an amd fan. But evga is a big two thumbsup for me.

Everyone,

We are processing these as we have boards available. We do require that you send us a copy of your invoice, currently due to limited board there is a waiting list. We will still process as we can. Once we have product available you will receive an email and then you can finish up the process.

Sorry for the confusion.

If you still have other questions you are welcome to email me directly.

EVGA is very committed to the community and will do what is can as quikly as it can for its customers.

Thank you,
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

With regards to emailing you a copy of the invoice, with a Newegg order what exactly do you want me to mail you? A screenshot of the order screen or what?

With regards to emailing you a copy of the invoice, with a Newegg order what exactly do you want me to mail you? A screenshot of the order screen or what?

If you pull up the newegg invoice you can probably save it as a pdf from your browser (when printing choose pdf, download cutepdf writer if you need a free pdf maker), or maybe forward him the email newegg sent you when you ordered it originally? Not sure just guessing :)

The best thing would be a saved file be it PDF or JPG that he can look at and confirm that it is indeed you who bought the card.

I freaking love EVGA I have done 2 Step Up's with them. And had to RMA a 7800 GT. Absolutely zero issues. When I stepped up to my 8800 GTS it took almost a month to get it, so be patient, everyone and their mother wants the new 8800 GT.

Everyone,

Thanks
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

This is what they call "CUSTOMER SERVICE".. thanks Joe for being here.. now all i need is my 8800 gts 640 back.. i missed it:mad::( evga should have it tomorrow, wednesday.I had it RMA cuz its stopped working right after i installed HR-03 plus. i just hope it wont take too long before i get it back..

I want to compliment the EVGA Reps for taking the time to post here and actually offer help. So few companies today are hands on and customer oriented that it gives me a warm feeling inside that EVGA is. If only I could afford it, I'd buy one of these new 8800GTs. Those of you who complain, you have no idea how good you have life, perhaps a few months living in poverty and having to use a 12 year old computer for 5 years would give you an attitude adjustment. You need to realize how lucky and well off you are and stop complaining about something like this, seriously. I don't mean to be harsh, but I'll trade shoes with any of you any day!

Maybe next time just read my post?

At the time I initiated my step-up, it was NOT backordered. It was in stock. Thanks for playing.

That response was aimed at the other guy not you :)

The other guy being me? They already HAD my invoice. They listed the item as being in stock, then only after I initiated the step-up did they end up with it back-ordered. It was in stock when I started the process, that should have reserved my card.

Ok, what should the answer have been then?

How about first explaining why it was shown in stock when I placed the step-up order, then reported as out of stock.

Then explaining why although they already had my invoice, I received two more requests for it.

Then explaining how long of a wait I would be looking at before receiving my card.

Giving a wise ass answer to a paying repeat customer (who has owned 3 of their products in the past) is NOT good customer service.

To chime in here - that step up program is probably responsible for me never wanting to purchase another evga product again. I requested a step up - was told to fax in my proof of purchase - I did fax it, and I e-mail it, I didn't get a response for a month - mailed them, told me they were going to quakecon and they would get it done after quakecon. I went to quakecon - spoke to the guy in charge of the step up process in person - he apologized, assured me he would get it taken care of. I got back home, initiated the conversation again, and then my step up program went out of it's time frame and they had never received my proof of purchase - 2 months into it now, evga granted me an extension - by this time a new evga card was a considerably better deal. For whatever the reason, that's just ridiculous - it's not even worth the effort or time. I'm not interested in excuses or explanations - if you can't deliver the guarantee you sold the product on (and you lay the responsibility of doing it all on my own shoulders), I'm not interested in giving you another shot.

Everyone,

Thanks
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere but I have yet to find it. What if we bought a card a month ago that was over 100 dollars more than a GT? I asked if I could get 2 GT's and pay the difference but have yet to receive a response. Maybe you can assist?

Thanks!

Back