EVGA Step-Up Limitations for 980Ti

RedJamaX

n00b
I've got 25 days left to Step-Up from my GTX 970 FTW to a 980Ti...

What's a little disappointing is that even though I have the FTW version of the 970... I can only get the ACX 2.0 version of the 980Ti. No SuperClock or SuperClock+ version... Hell, even the standard reference card wasn't listed as an option to Step-up from the FTW 970.

Oh well... I'll just get the ACX 2.0 and OC it anyway... Just thought that might be of interest for anybody else looking to do the same thing.

You really needed to start a new thread for this?
I mentioned this exact same thing yesterday morning in the big thread. Sheesh man.

Dude. A technology company is giving you 100% of your money back on to get newer technology and you're complaining that they don't offer a model with the specific firmware image that you want?

Jeebus.

Next time buy a different brand with a better step-up program.

Dude. A technology company is giving you 100% of your money back on to get newer technology and you're complaining that they don't offer a model with the specific firmware image that you want?

Jeebus.

Next time buy a different brand with a better step-up program.

Exactly. And don't start new threads for this BS.

Geez, tough crowd tonight.

OP, I'm not sure what you were thinking by creating a topic for discussion in a place for discussing things. Clearly your doing it wrong.

You guys whining about it in multiple posts doesn't exactly make it better.

I found it interesting that they've limited it to the ACX model. I did the step up, anyway. At worst, I'll do it and sell the Ti. Just not playing my secondary box that much so I'm not sure it's worth the investment.

BTW OP - just get in the step up queue ASAP. You'll be waiting a few weeks from what I've heard. I wasn't sure but I got in it, anyway. Doesn't require a CC at this point so you can still back out.

You guys whining about it in multiple posts doesn't exactly make it better.

I found it interesting that they've limited it to the ACX model. I did the step up, anyway. At worst, I'll do it and sell the Ti. Just not playing my secondary box that much so I'm not sure it's worth the investment.

BTW OP - just get in the step up queue ASAP. You'll be waiting a few weeks from what I've heard. I wasn't sure but I got in it, anyway. Doesn't require a CC at this point so you can still back out.

Yeah, I don't mind the wait, plenty of other things I have to do.

And as far as a new thread... the core subject of this thread was in relation directly to EVGA's Step-up program and limitations of which 980Ti they will allow you to upgrade to based on your current card... It was not simply another general "look, it's a 980Ti" thread... thus, it was relevant to start as new subject matter.

I'm stepping up from the 980 GTX Kingpin to the 980ti... It's only costing me for shipping and I got the Kingpin for $660. I'm not too bummed.

I'm in the same boat EVGA 970FTW owner and really considering doing this step-up to the 980ti. Very tempting, almost double the VRAM sounds very nice with some good processing power to back it up as well.

I'm in the same boat EVGA 970FTW owner and really considering doing this step-up to the 980ti. Very tempting, almost double the VRAM sounds very nice with some good processing power to back it up as well.

Might as well get in queue now. You can still back out. I don't know why you wouldn't want a 2x faster card for ~$300. :)

Why wouldn't you? What on earth would hold you back?

Did you go directly the EVGA for this? I suspect it is over 3.5gate?

It's a program that allows you to upgrade your card to a newer model and pay the difference if you've purchased within the last 90 days - it really has nothing to do with the 3.5gate. Details are on the EVGA website.

Back