Evga step up has the 580gtx up get em while there hot.

Modboxx

Gawd
Just stepped my three evga 470's to the three 580gtx's muahahaha (can't wait) $246ea on queue for 48,50,51

More to come.

Last edited:
thanks, i didn't know they had a program like that. Will let my friend know

I don't get this step up program. I have 2x Evga 480's that cost about $500. The Evga site says the 580 is $500. So all I do is pay for shipping and I get the 580's for no extra cost?

Everybody get a 470 and step up to a 580 then immediately sell it on ebay.
PROFIT! :p

How does the process work? Do I go through Evga or the place I purchase it?

And folks wonder why EVGa doesn't offer a life-time warranty on some of their products anymore. LOL.

Its only within 90 days of product purchase. Its profitable because i spent $259.99ea for three 470gtx's a month ago and now i will spend an extra $246 each and step up to the 580gtx.

Either way i'm happy i got Tri sli 580 (overkill but who cares my dell 3007 will be happy) Only thing that sucks is i have to hold off on blackops and others until i get it. I know the 470 tri sli will play it np but again i want as much eye candy as possible.

Its only within 90 days of product purchase. Its profitable because i spent $259.99ea for three 470gtx's a month ago and now i will spend an extra $246 each and step up to the 580gtx.

Either way i'm happy i got Tri sli 580 (overkill but who cares my dell 3007 will be happy) Only thing that sucks is i have to hold off on blackops and others until i get it. I know the 470 tri sli will play it np but again i want as much eye candy as possible.

you have a tri sli 470 setup for call of duty black ops on a single 30 inch monitor?

I wonder if they use Step-up returns to fill RMAs? That would be a good way of keeping the cost under control.

You won't see any difference at all between the 470s and the 580s in COD.

Well they obviously can't sell those cards as new, so yeah they're basically RMA stock now but they've effectively lost out on a retail sale of the card coming back..

You won't see any difference at all between the 470s and the 580s in COD.

Of course i will @2560x1600 with 16xssaa sounds good to me but i doubt i'll be able to max it out like that.

Another thing to note is most these benchmarks you see here are nonesense(even H) until you play online maxxed out and see how your fps drop in crazy situations you dont know.

Of course i will @2560x1600 with 16xssaa sounds good to me but i doubt i'll be able to max it out like that.

Another thing to note is most these benchmarks you see here are nonesense(even H) until you play online maxxed out and see how your fps drop in crazy situations you dont know.

I really, really doubt you will. I'm running a single GTX480 at 2560x1600 with settings maxed and I get 60FPS everywhere.

That is a totally shitty deal! You are crazy for doing this........................

Not really, thats pretty sweet man, that'll give ya a nice boost

Hopefully you plan to overclock, so far people have hit over 1000 core on the storck cooler, they had a amazing case like kyle though. :)

Good thing I saw this thread as I only had a week left on my 2x 480's for step up. Getting 2x 580's for less than $20 in shipping is not too shabby! My first card is in slot #85 but I couldn't get the second serial number until I was home from work and just that slight delay has my second card at slot #315.

I wonder if they will honor these hundreds of step-ups. Maybe it is good that I have a bit of a queue difference so that I am not without at least one video card at a time.

Does anyone know if you can SLI at 480 and a 580?

Good thing I saw this thread as I only had a week left on my 2x 480's for step up. Getting 2x 580's for less than $20 in shipping is not too shabby! My first card is in slot #85 but I couldn't get the second serial number until I was home from work and just that slight delay has my second card at slot #315.

I wonder if they will honor these hundreds of step-ups. Maybe it is good that I have a bit of a queue difference so that I am not without at least one video card at a time.

Does anyone know if you can SLI at 480 and a 580?

Different cards, so no. Must be 2 480's or 2 580's

This product is not available for Step-Up, past 90 day window (Ended:09/30/2010)

boo... oh well.. didn't want to take the blocks of these 470s anyways..

just did step up from a 470 to 580 for 226, nice.

anyone know if my water block from my 470 will work on the 580?

Good lord, you're just not listening are you.

I heard what you said but it just doesnt make sense to me. I told you i'll play @2560 with 16xssaa and your telling me one card can do that and it probably can but only at like 30fps.

Last edited:
Do I have to ship my GTX 480 card first or will they ship the GTX 580 first?

Last edited:
just did step up from a 470 to 580 for 226, nice.

anyone know if my water block from my 470 will work on the 580?

Doubt it. If anything the 580 would be closer to the 480 in terms of PCB, and the 470 block definitely doesn't work on the 480.

I heard what you said but it just doesnt make sense to me. I told you i'll play @2560 with 16xssaa and your telling me one card can do that and it probably can but only at like 30fps.

No, I'm telling you I'm doing that RIGHT NOW at 60FPS on a single GTX480 with a 30" Dell at 2560x1600.

It's fine to do what you're doing, but you will not see a performance difference going to 3 580s from 3 460s on a single monitor in Black Ops. If you said Metro 2033 on 3 monitors, yes you'll seen an improvement.

man, i don't believe that they really offer this. Someone was just telling me about it, and I honestly didnt belive it

You have to pay the difference between what you paid and what the eVGA listing has.

So if you get it for $423 after using the 10% code and want to step up to a vanilla GTX 580, it will cost you $77.

Yup exactly, might as well just buy the GTX 580 up front, or wait like I am for the 6970 review to see if I'm going to get 2 of those or 2 of the newly reduced price GTX 580s then :D

No, I'm telling you I'm doing that RIGHT NOW at 60FPS on a single GTX480 with a 30" Dell at 2560x1600.

It's fine to do what you're doing, but you will not see a performance difference going to 3 580s from 3 460s on a single monitor in Black Ops. If you said Metro 2033 on 3 monitors, yes you'll seen an improvement.

+1 This

Black ops is running on a tweaked old World at war engine, which is a tweaked cod4 engine. The game doesn't look amazing and isn't very demanding on hardware even at 2560x1600. It's no crysis or metro 2033

Now back on point the step up program is a sweet deal and it's cool you got an upgrade. cod BO was just a bad example of games you will be able to max out. lol

Back