EVGA SLi Mobo discussion thread. Come one, come all.

qbackin

2[H]4U
So far this board has been ok. Some are complaining of 1T problems. My XMS TCCD runs @ 1T 2-2-2-5 just fine. That is w/ no OC.

What are you guys setting things at?

And to those wondering about your board, CPUZ isnt registering the Vcore correctly. I need to find a program that will register temps, ntune will not show cpu temp. The gpu temp is spot on with the control panel tho.

Lets all work together with our free boards :D
Great buy.
Paid $460

I am trying to get this combo, when it comes back of course, seems I missed it by a day. Anyways, any suggestions on external probes you could install if the MB doesnt support temp readings. I have always used the built MB temp probes, but maybe this time I will get aftermarket and install some.

grendelrt said:
I am trying to get this combo, when it comes back of course, seems I missed it by a day. Anyways, any suggestions on external probes you could install if the MB doesnt support temp readings. I have always used the built MB temp probes, but maybe this time I will get aftermarket and install some.

Hmm I may have to give that a shot as well. There has got to be more people that got this mobo too....

posted this in the other thread too:

EVGA has it marked as DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 is dual channel but I tried to switch it to 1T using this setup and it just beeps and so.. So I move a stick of ram to DIMM 3 (blue/blue) and it boots 1T and says dual channel when booting

Im running my AMD64 3000+ Winchester at 2.4Ghz with RAM timings at 2,2,2,8 T1. :)

No DDR Booster and using Stock Cooling, just awsome board!

Thanks for the info :) Tab to disable logo on boot -- i swear i hit every f-key, escape, space, enter, tilde, then alt and all of those keys...but never used tab. I usually disable the logo in bios....

I'll move the RAM and get mine set up for 1T later tonight. 276FSB is the highest stable i've gotten so far. Is anyone running their board @ higher than 276FSB? I'm not sure if i'm running into limits on the board or the CPU.

Does anyone think the ddr booster will work on this mobo? The mofsets seem to have some pretty massive heatsinks stuck on them heh

Nettwerk said:
Does anyone think the ddr booster will work on this mobo? The mofsets seem to have some pretty massive heatsinks stuck on them heh

You need more than 3.2 :eek:

I am running 1T Dual Channel in yellow DIMMS.

qbackin said:
You need more than 3.2 :eek:

I am running 1T Dual Channel in yellow DIMMS.

Mushkin Redline needs 3.3+ to run ddr500 and up. I got it @ DDR482 right now.. I dunno if this mobo is undervolting either.

qbackin said:
Did anyone see a cpu temp increase when switching to this board?

To give you an idea, my 3700+ is idling at 49c with a Thermaltake Volcano on top of it and three 120mm fans on a AeroCool case. That can't be right.

acroig said:
To give you an idea, my 3700+ is idling at 49c with a Thermaltake Volcano on top of it and three 120mm fans on a AeroCool case. That can't be right.

Ok we are on the same track ;)
I even went back and re-installed my Zalman...same result. You can bet a new bios will be out quickly ;)

OK, good to know it's not just my rig. For a second I thought of doing the same thing you just did and replace my AC3 with AC5 thermal paste, now I know better. Have you tried any OC at all? I'm hesitant because I can't monitor the CPU temp or voltage in windows.

acroig said:
OK, good to know it's not just my rig. For a second I thought of doing the same thing you just did and replace my AC3 with AC5 thermal paste, now I know better. Have you tried any OC at all? I'm hesitant because I can't monitor the CPU temp or voltage in windows.

Yeah OC is fine. They are sure to correct it in the near future. They already have updated drivers available.

qbackin said:
Yeah OC is fine. They are sure to correct it in the near future. They already have updated drivers available.

How far have you oc'd your rig?

Acroig:

I have a 3200+ running @ 275x10 on my board. I also can't monitor temps or voltages in windows :( But i am running 1.45v to CPU, 2.85v to RAM, in bios. Temps in bios say 52-53 but i ignored them. Prime stable for 15+hours now @ 2753. I have both sticks of RAM in 1+2 (non dual channel) however, and am running @ 2t. I'll be switching them when i get home tonight and see how it does then.

Interesting that both qbackin and I got to 275 fsb...

Did you get errors at higher than 275 qbackin?

I don't even see an area on evga's site for bios update :/

I recieve this board wednesday with the following setup:

eVGA Motherboard NF4 939
eVGA Geforce 7800GT
AMD Venice 3000+
1 GIG PC3200 RAM Low timings
120 GIG HD
Centurion 5 case
2 120MM fans, 1 80MM fan

Will post specs when I build it.

I could only go 264 but I wanted tight timings. I could loosen the TCCD up and push 275 im sure.

headless said:
Acroig:

I have a 3200+ running @ 275x10 on my board. I also can't monitor temps or voltages in windows :( But i am running 1.45v to CPU, 2.85v to RAM, in bios. Temps in bios say 52-53 but i ignored them. Prime stable for 15+hours now @ 2753. I have both sticks of RAM in 1+2 (non dual channel) however, and am running @ 2t. I'll be switching them when i get home tonight and see how it does then.

Interesting that both qbackin and I got to 275 fsb...

Did you get errors at higher than 275 qbackin?

I don't even see an area on evga's site for bios update :/

Thanks for the info. I have an issue with my setup, it won't pass OCCT at stock, crashes at 18m 34s. Will play with BIOS. The E3 BIOS that the board comes with is the latest. Please to to evga.com and post a message in the motherboards forum so evga knows what we want. Those temps of yours must be wrong just like mine. Wade Shelly, of evga, says that ntune will display voltage but I have not been able to confirm yet.

acroig said:
Thanks for the info. I have an issue with my setup, it won't pass OCCT at stock, crashes at 18m 34s. Will play with BIOS. The E3 BIOS that the board comes with is the latest. Please to to evga.com and post a message in the motherboards forum so evga knows what we want. Those temps of yours must be wrong just like mine. Wade Shelly, of evga, says that ntune will display voltage but I have not been able to confirm yet.

Agreed, I have already logged in the forums at EVGA. I think we should express our wants, as im sure they will provide :) It is a good board, just some simple bug fixes and I will be happy.

FYI my temps: I've got 48C idle in the BIOS w/ a Zalman CNSP7000 Al-Cu, front 120mm fan and rear 80mm fan. Also 80mm window fan blowing on the CPU/cooler. (AeroCool JetMaster Jr. case) I'm also using Arctic Silver 5. I installed the cooler twice just to make sure and the temps were the same. Kinda high, if you ask me... :( I'm going to be installing a rear 120mm fan tonight and I'm definitely getting the Zalman CNSP9500 when it's finally released. Awesome performance in the reviews so far!

WhyYouLoveMe said:
FYI my temps: I've got 48C idle in the BIOS w/ a Zalman CNSP7000 Al-Cu, front 120mm fan and rear 80mm fan. Also 80mm window fan blowing on the CPU/cooler. (AeroCool JetMaster Jr. case) I'm also using Arctic Silver 5. I installed the cooler twice just to make sure and the temps were the same. Kinda high, if you ask me... :( I'm going to be installing a rear 120mm fan tonight and I'm definitely getting the Zalman CNSP9500 when it's finally released. Awesome performance in the reviews so far!

This is what we have been talking about ;) It is obviously reading wrong.

qbackin said:
This is what we have been talking about ;) It is obviously reading wrong.

Agreed, something else to ask for in a new BIOS revision. FYI, I resolved the crash in OCCT, I disabled "Bank Interleaving" and I was able to do a 30 minute torture run at 2-2-2-6 1T without incident. I'm glad you went to evga and posted, spread the word so others will do the same. :) I'll start to overclock my 3700+ tonight.

acroig said:
Agreed, something else to ask for in a new BIOS revision. FYI, I resolved the crash in OCCT, I disabled "Bank Interleaving" and I was able to do a 30 minute torture run at 2-2-2-6 1T without incident. I'm glad to went to evga and posted, spread the word so others will do the same. :) I'll start to overclock my 3700+ tonight.

Please post all your settings when you get it stable. That goes for anyone :)

OK, i got back home and got my RAM going @ 1t. Unfortunately i had to drop my RAM way down to 180 to get her stable..running @ 2650 where 2750 was stable before... so i'll be messing with things to see what's going on.

headless said:
OK, i got back home and got my RAM going @ 1t. Unfortunately i had to drop my RAM way down to 180 to get her stable..running @ 2650 where 2750 was stable before... so i'll be messing with things to see what's going on.

Wow not bad. Is that a Venice 3000+? Did you disable the bank interleaving that the previous guy said?

That is on a 3200+ venice, 10x multplier :) 265x10 right now.

I have bank interleaving on, but 180mhz ram should utterly eliminate ram instability....i'm going to do some testing w/ memtest to see if it's the ram @ 230mhz causing the instability @ 2750

qbackin said:
Please post all your settings when you get it stable. That goes for anyone :)

I got OCCT to run for 2hrs 35min at 1.425 vcore. Mem was at 2.5-3-3-6 1T at 1.65v. Bank Interleaving disabled. 800 HTT. Will report further progress.

Someone at the evga boards found this monitor tool in Jetway's site. Have not tried it yet but will soon. May want to check it out. Look for "nf4_myguard.zip" in the NF4 drivers section.

UPDATE: Installed and it works! Shows CPU and System Temps, FANS, curent CPU speed and voltages. NICE FIND!!

acroig said:
I got OCCT to run for 2hrs 35min at 1.425 vcore. Mem was at 2.5-3-3-6 1T at 1.65v. Bank Interleaving disabled. 800 HTT. Will report further progress.

Someone at the evga boards found this monitor tool in Jetway's site. Have not tried it yet but will soon. May want to check it out. Look for "nf4_myguard.zip" in the NF4 drivers section.

UPDATE: Installed and it works! Shows CPU and System Temps, FANS, curent CPU speed and voltages. NICE FIND!!

I just read that too, excellent.

mikeohara said:
does this motherboard come free if you buy a 7800GTX KO Edition??

No, only the "regular" editions of the GT and GTX. No free BF2 w/ this deal. ;)

Hey i just checked out the jetway site and i see a motherboard BIOS update for the jetway SLI board listed for 07/17 -- one of the fixes is:

Fix after S3 resume,CPU ratio& valtage return to default.Solution EPA logo add make hdd priority display error.Fix after S1 resume,Can't shutdown issue.K8 Rev:E6 support.

Which sounds like it'll fix my damn cpu ratio and voltage not 'sticking'. Add E6 support....good stuff.
Anyone think this bios will work with the evga board or am i asking for a paperweight? I am going to call eVGA today and ask if it would work on this board. I have a feeling it would since they appear to be direct replica's, but you never know...

Fucking awesome. MyGuard appears to work. At least we can see voltages and temp's now. But jesus christ it won't stop RINGING because my cpu fan is unhooked, even if i plug in the sensor wire of one of my 120's :(

Cmon guys i know that you want to try flashing that jetway bios.... ;) i'm going to post on the evga forums and see what they say.

Does anyone know if this board can hotflash the BIOS by holding alt-f2 or something when it first boots? I'll flash it w/ the jetway bios if theres some way to flash it back if it fails :(

Interesting. My 3200+ is showing 46c idle, 65C under load in this program...
Anyone else have some temps for comparisons?

there is a easy fix for all BIOS temp readings, USE A DAMM THERMAL PROBE!

headless said:
Does anyone know if this board can hotflash the BIOS by holding alt-f2 or something when it first boots? I'll flash it w/ the jetway bios if theres some way to flash it back if it fails :(

Interesting. My 3200+ is showing 46c idle, 65C under load in this program...
Anyone else have some temps for comparisons?

My 3700+ with a Thermaltake Volcano shows 43c idle and 60c load using Prime 95. I don't think the temps are right though. I saw your post at the evga forum, I doubt they'll tell you to go ahead and flash it (warranty issue) with a non evga BIOS. May want to wait till they post a new BIOS on their site. My .02.

Back