eVGA SLI GTX 480

Can you post some BC2 pictures with 32xAA etc, even when select 8xAA or whatever. AA is never correctly applied.

If your results are correct, those cards are amazing.
32xAA @ 1920 and your getting 90 min fps?!

we need 5870 cf result for comparison

Well my 5870 in CF gets on Unigine Heaven 2.0, default clocks

FPS: 44.7
Scores: 1126
Min FPS: 6.1
Max FPS: 89.9

1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Everything enabled, 16x AF and Normal Tess.

AA cripples ATI cards, without AA I get little over 70 FPS.

Last edited:
5970 (850/1200)

SCORE: 16656
AVERAGE: 251.66FPS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz
Memory: 6144MB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
Display Setting: 1920x1200 60Hz 8xAA 16xAF (max in game)

(c)CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2008, 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Cool but I'll keep my 5970. Get 28k+ in Vantage with one card.

now I miss that card, my old card is completely dead due to nVidia driver ...
was hopping it can last longer but guess not haha..

time to bake it :D

GREAT!!!
Hmm makes me happy that I havent jumped for a HD 5xxx :D
Me want one BAD!!!

Well my 5870 in CF gets on Unigine Heaven 2.0, default clocks

FPS: 44.7
Scores: 1126
Min FPS: 6.1
Max FPS: 89.9

1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Everything enabled, 16x AF and Normal Tess.

AA cripples ATI cards, without AA I get little over 70 FPS.
i was talking about games

This is not really a "comparison" thread. There are plenty of those around.

I'm excited to see posts from people that actually have these cards, showing what the 480s are doing.

What about the Bc2 load times using dx 11? Can you please shed some light on this?

Hi guys , i had to sleep. Ill Try to answer all the questions, but i have like 30-40 minutes before to go to work...

Metro 2033 with overclock
CallOfPripyatBenchmark-1.png

Stalker COP with overclock.

Metro2033-1.png

Crysis Demo

CrysisDemo2560.png

Vantage with overclock

Vantage eXtreme
PhysiXOFF

VantageXPhsyxOFF.png

Vantage Performance
PhysiX OFF

Vantage-P-PhsyX-OFF.png

Vantage eXtreme
PhysiX ON

VantageXPhsyxON-1.png

Vantage Performance
PhysiX ON

Vantage-P-PhsyX-ON.png

Awesome Post!!! THx for sharing!!! Even though I am keeping my 5870's this round. It looks like a great card(s) minus the heat...

Crysis Demo

CrysisDemo2560.png

Wait, are you seriously getting close to 60fps average in Crysis at that resolution with 16xAA?!

Would you mind posting some screenshots? I've always wondered what Crysis looked like without all of the jaggedness! (though does the AA you're using work on the plants too?)

I'd agree, I love what I have and we shouldn't throw a bunch of ATi benches in a pure 480/470 results thread unless the OP requests it or it is indeed a comparison thread to begin with.

Looks like the large frame buffer is going to be very meaningful for the 480 in some situations.

To the OP, grats on your cards and enjoy :)

Wait, are you seriously getting close to 60fps average in Crysis at that resolution with 16xAA?!

Would you mind posting some screenshots? I've always wondered what Crysis looked like without all of the jaggedness! (though does the AA you're using work on the plants too?)

its CSAA, which mean the quality isn't that good, but it runs fast...

higher the AA depends on what type of AA you are applying....

All above looks very good and fast, beside Crysis benchmark, since somehow the benchmark run insanely fast on nVidia card for some reason while gameplay is totally another story.

His Heaven bench scores bother me alil.... You wanted a 5870 xfire to compare... unless there's something seriously wrong with my system this is Heaven bench 5970 xfire...

Cat 10.3b

heaven.jpg

lightmark.jpg

Looks like xfire or even more then one GPU is being used

Last edited:
Great results so far! I'd be interested in seeing Crysis benched at "Very High" instead of just "High." BobyTT, are you planning on keeping that overclock for daily usage or is that for benchmarking only? Do you have to run fans at 100% to stabilize it?

i dont think 32xAA is working in bc2...

He only did a 23.8 second test...I could probably get my 5970 to post similar results if I walked up to a wall for 30 seconds.

I'd love to see some results from playing on a full server at those settings though!

He only did a 23.8 second test...I could probably get my 5970 to post similar results if I walked up to a wall for 30 seconds.

Don't mean to feed a troll, nor get this thread off topic, but lets see it then. Or better yet, why don't you go post it in the ATI section.

Surprised no ati folks have replied about heat and say ''LAWL N000B I GUEZZ DEY PAY DEMSELF BAK ON HEATING COSTZ''.

Good results as far as I can see. I would love to pick one of these up soon.

Don't mean to feed a troll, nor get this thread off topic, but lets see it then. Or better yet, why don't you go post it in the ATI section.

I think the idea of my statement, which you seemed to have missed, is that 24 seconds is not long enough to produce accurate minimum or average fps results. Which is why I asked for a longer benchmark preferably in multiplayer as I'm interested to see the results.

No ones trolling except for you :rolleyes:

Great results so far! I'd be interested in seeing Crysis benched at "Very High" instead of just "High." BobyTT, are you planning on keeping that overclock for daily usage or is that for benchmarking only? Do you have to run fans at 100% to stabilize it?

He prolly needs his fans at 100% to keep stock stable.

:)

I dont have retail copy of the game. And my original Crysis disc is super scratched. So the game said i am using backup disk :) ....

Yes i found my OC is pretty stable and the max i saw was on FurMark 94'C . Fans are at75% not really loud but still have some performance.

His Heaven bench scores bother me alil.... You wanted a 5870 xfire to compare... unless there's something seriously wrong with my system this is

Looks like xfire or even more then one GPU is being used

I really think there is something messed up with your system.. Its a huge difference..

I'd love to see some results from playing on a full server at those settings though!

Unfortunately one of the VRaptors in my RAID 0 is failing and i have to send it for RMA... Anyway till Friday ill have my Vertex LE and i7 980X so i'll be able to run more benches...

thank you for all test ;)

NP you welcome!

Yes i found my OC is pretty stable and the max i saw was on FurMark 94'C . Fans are at75% not really loud but still have some performance.

Thanks for benchmarks. Its always nice to see results from cards "in the wild". :)

But, 75% fans, not really loud?!!! :eek:

Glad you like your new cards. I had to swing by and look at your results. I like the performance you are getting overall, but I think I will stick to my 5870's.

Why do people buy a 480 SLI set-up for 1920X1200? One 480 is more then enough for that resolution. Yes! I can now play my games with 32XAA instead of 16XAA! :rolleyes:

I'm only interested in 2560X1600. Since it's the only resolution where Crossfire/Tri-Crossifre or SLI/Tri-SLi makes any sense. Anything under this is worthless IMHO.

Hope we will see more 480 SLI in action at 2560X1600 soon. Still hesitating making a move to buy 2 of them (watercooled). :)

But congrats to the OP anyway, nice cards. But please, go buy a 2560X1600 monitor!

Why do people buy a 480 SLI set-up for 1920X1200? One 480 is more then enough for that resolution. Yes! I can now play my games with 32XAA instead of 16XAA! :rolleyes:

But congrats to the OP anyway, nice cards. But please, go buy a 2560X1600 monitor!

Are you on crack??:confused: His Crysis benchmark is 2560x2048 all settings on Very High!!
Please read all before you post!;)

what? 5770CF is nothing close to GTX 480 SLI, 5770CF ~ 1 GTX 480

Hes saying a GTX480 can pretty much max out every game at 1920x1200, so 2 is overkill

I have a feeling he's waiting for 3D Surround support to pick up two extra 1920x1200 monitors... it's what I'd be doing.

Thanks OP for the tests. Any results on an OC yet or have you noticed any quirks OC-ing in SLI? I have two PNY 480s and Koolance waterblocks arriving Tuesday and am interested seeing how far they'll go.

Now we just have to figure out how to unlock that extra shader array :cool:

Yeah, I really can't agree with that either. I game at "only' 1920x1200, and one 480 would not be enough in many cases. When my 5970 broke and I had to use a single 5870 while it was being rma'd I found that the single 5870 did not provide the performance I would have liked in some games. Yes, you can turn things down and there's nothing wrong with a 5870 at that resolution, however it did not provide the same experience as the 5970 or 5970+5870. And this isn't a difference of only being able to run 16X AA or 32X AA.

Back