Evga, SLI, and RMA

Javelin3o4

Gawd
I posted on the eVGA forums and didnt really get a response, but i had 2 7900GT KO's and 1 was causing artificating so i sent it out for RMA, well they sent me a new card but its a 7950 GT. I take it SLI will not work now since one is a 7900 and the other a 7950?

Has anyone ever had this happen? If SLI does not work im wondering if eVGA would exchange the other card for me, since it is one of the 7900 models that can have the bad ram.

Call them up and ask -- we don't work for them and so obviously don't know. Yes, I doubt a 7900 and 7950 will work together in SLI, but again, not sure, they would know. Given they didn't send you the card you send and therefor (even though the new card is better) your SLI setup (perhaps) doesn't work because of this, they will probably send you another. It's hard to say -- again, just call them.

I would call them in and tell them about your situation. I have heard of many times where they willingly RMA a working card because it would screw up someones SLI setup. They are understanding and will work with you to find the best solution.

EVGA is a good company. I recently did an RMA of both my 8800GTX and 680i AR motherboard. Both were approved quickly, and shipped promptly. Both replacement parts work perfectly. I'm sure if you simply contact them with your problems and explain that you now have non-matching hardware, they will make it right. Asking on the forums is not the best place to get help from a company - it can work out for some, but it's really best to call them. I would address your issues with them directly and if you don't get assistance, then ask for assitance publicly in a forum. I doubht you'll have a problem with them.

I just had a similar thing happen to me with a 7900GT that stopped working. Even though I clicked on "This is part of an RMA setup" I still got a 7950 instead of a 7900GT.

I sent an email explaining this situation to [email protected] & the guy I exchanged email with said that they're out of 7900 cards. He worked with me to create a new RMA for my other 7900 (the one that still worked) and got it approved so that I could send it in before the holiday weekend. All this was going on at around 9pm PT on Thursday so it was well after hours. It was great service and I was very pleased to be able to be able to upgrade my other 7900 instead of being left out in the dark with unlike cards.

I contacted RMA support after I received the card today. They were really cool. The agent had me register my 2nd card on the website then he setup/approved and cross shipped me a 7950 GT to replace my other 7900 GT KO, so 2 thumbs up for eVGA customer support.

They wont RMA the other card that isnt theirs... Thats the benefit of having both EVGA cards. :D

evga is a pretty good company, bfg does this also i've heard of people rma'ing there 6600GT and 6800 and getting a 7 series card that has equal performance or better. These companies are really trying to win the consumers over and this is very plausible attempt. kudos to EVGA!

Back