evga sale this weekend,big cuts on gpus

Damn. 3080Ti from EVGA hitting $899 lol. Nice to finally see these numbers light years after release.

I know, now it's just like, "Hold the line, people! HOLD THE LINE!"

yeah, I've been waiting two years for that 2060 cut to put in my htpc, but I just don't have the cash

I just posted for everyone else - for me, I'll have to wait until the 3060 drops to the same price when they clearance the rest of the Ampere cards early next year

Is EVGA just liquidating everything? Their price cuts are just massive across the board and I'm a bit worried.

I'm not talking about the GPUs only, though: their peripherals, shirts, PSUs, motherboards... basically everything is getting huge price slashes.
It seems they do this regularly to blow out inventory at cost to avoid excessive holding costs. It's actually pretty smart to do this as the alternative is to sell it for even less to third party companies that put it online for the same price they're selling it. Might as well pocket the difference and go direct. (y)

yeah, I've been waiting two years for that 2060 cut to put in my htpc, but I just don't have the cash

I just posted for everyone else - for me, I'll have to wait until the 3060 drops to the same price when they clearance the rest of the Ampere cards early next year
I agree the 3060 is nice but still priced a bit too high It would be nice if it was in the 225-250 range

People told me this day wouldn't come. Took 9-10 months longer than I predicted though

I know, now it's just like, "Hold the line, people! HOLD THE LINE!"
When a 3060 can be bought below MSRP ~$200, I might bite..

4XXX cards will be here sooner or later anyhow. The clowns on FB marketplace are still asking more than current new prices.. eventually they will get desperate for a 4XXX

Do you think anyone with a 30xx card will be getting desperate, this cycle? Unless they release a GT 3010 or something and someone buys it.

Do you think anyone with a 30xx card will be getting desperate, this cycle? Unless they release a GT 3010 or something and someone buys it.
I don't think so. The whales that want the best no matter what probably has money to burn. People who don't will have a lot of options. Cause the next Gen cards are out doesn't make the 3xxx cards slower and obsolete.

I thought it was decided the term "whale" was xenophobic and problematic. The new term is "Consumption-enabled" as it's more inclusive and positive.

Found the whale lover in the crowd!! :LOL:

My first thought was why would a while even need a gaming rig? I guess it would be watercooled if a whale had one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To be clear, watercooled whales are the only ones I love.

Hey everyone "Hop in my Chrysler it is as big as a WHALE and is about to set sail"

thoughts on 3060ti for $350 b-stock?
3060 Ti FEs have been in and out of stock at Best Buy for a while. They're in stock right now. Those are $400 ($360 with a coupon you can use if you pay with a Best Buy credit card). I'd pay $50 for a new GPU and a 3-year vs 1-year warranty.

thanks for the heads up on bestbuy , have had multi evga b-stock that keep running for years, passed down heavally gamed on 1060 from 2017 b-stock is still being gamed on, but I'm with you on paying a little more for new

Seems okay...ish. If you need to stick with Nvidia/EVGA. If not, there are new 6650xts substantially cheaper.

There was 6750xt for $380 after rebate just recently, too.

And now I see why EVGA is bailing on graphics cards even with these cuts the 3070's are all more expensive than the 3070 FE I bought from best buy $499 in the beginning of July... I had to buy something as my RX580 was flakey and not really able to keep up with my 2k 144Hz monitors anyway.

Yeah I'm not convinced they are losing money quite yet, at least on the 3070s "ultra gaming" horseshit, maybe on 3090tis that they are slashing 50% sure but not these lower end cards.

Ehh - if EVGA is going to quit Nvidia, may as well go all out with a bang.
Half off 3080s is what I'm thinking :p

B stock seems to have some good deals. Multiple 3090 cards for $829.99 3070 cards for $439.99 Lots of 20 series and other cards too.

B stock seems to have some good deals. Multiple 3090 cards for $829.99 3070 cards for $439.99 Lots of 20 series and other cards too.
$649 for a 3080 seems pretty good.

Anyone have BAD experience with Bstock?

Definitely tempted to grab a b-stock 3070, barely more than a 3060ti. But as always, it's the waiting game knowing the new stuff is "right around the corner".

Definitely tempted to grab a b-stock 3070, barely more than a 3060ti. But as always, it's the waiting game knowing the new stuff is "right around the corner".
Mere mortals won't be able to buy the 'new stuff' for months post-launch. This will drive 3000 series prices up once that sinks in to fence sitters, just like every cycle including after the last mining boom.

Trying to time the bottom is folly. Buy what you need without getting OCD about the last +/-10%

I got damn lucky with timing. Bought a new Ultra at $100 off the bottom..and now they are all gone.

Back