evga Precision shows evga 780 in SLI at only 575 clock speed?

nanobeast

Limp Gawd
I am running a pair of evga 780 superclocked in SLI.

evga Precision shows clock for both of my cards never going over 575??

Not sure what is going on?

I ran Furmark at 3440x1440 resolution for about 20 mins in SLI and with X4 AA and system was stable.

Furmark can do some weird things with clock speeds. Have you verified their speed in any other program? If not, I'd try something like the Heaven benchmark and see how it goes.

Furmark can do some weird things with clock speeds..

By this, do you mean that furmark can actually change the clock speeds or just that sometimes it does not report them correctly?

The clock speed I am reading is from evga precision.

For several driver revisions (I think starting around the launch of the GTX480) nvidia and furmark have battled each other in how much the application can "stress" the gpu's. As I recall, nvidia had put artificial limits specifically for that program to prevent it from burning out gpu's. Then, furmark released some override options. I haven't followed too closely lately, but last I saw it would not fully load the gpu, at least not at default settings.

The clock sppeds evga precision are likely accurate, but it is also likely furmark and your drivers are not allowing your card to opperate at full speed. This is why I recommend verifying with any other 3d program. One that I know has worked consistently is the Heaven DX11 benchmark.

I actually had the same problem recently; performance seemed normal but EVGA Precision would show no more than 575MHz. Then again, I was playing a 4-year-old game. But yeah, I did run Heaven Benchmark to verify EVGA Precision and it wasn't the game. Rebooting seemed to clear up the problem.

I'm on the 337.88 driver, never saw the problem before that and it only appeared to happen once so far.

Back