EVGA PowerLink $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow nice find. This makes me wonder if a much "cleaner" Powerlink 2 is coming.

Just a thought, is it too hard to move the connectors on the card itself? I know the reference design has them on the top facing up, but moving them to the side of the card near the bottom would be a far more elegant solution. This adapter is better than nothing, but it is more of a macgyver fix to me. It would be great if EVGA or some other card maker put the effort into making a better looking card starting at the design stage, and not with an after the fact adapter.

That said, $10 is pretty good for what this is. A solid PSU should not need the line conditioned, but that's also a nice touch.

How come when I click that NewEgg link I get some error from a site called tkqlhce.com? What is tkqlhce, a malware site?

upload_2017-3-8_19-4-53.png

upload_2017-3-8_19-3-21.png

I was thinking of getting a pair of them plus 2 more 6pin adapters to run on my 980's but I am probably going to get the new version of the Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO and there isn't space in the front for the rad/fans and the vga cables.
EVGA's site had them for $10+ shipping since at least Sunday when I was browsing the site.

EDIT: shipping was added for the 6pin adapters, the Powerlinks themselves have free shipping,

Last edited:
I ordered from EVGA directly, does it only come with 2 4 pins? or also a 6 pin?
My 980's use 2 6 pins, so that is why I mentioned adding 2 more 6 pin adapters in my post, 1 for each powerlink.

there isn't space in the front for the rad/fans and the vga cables.

Feel your pain. Got my link free from my 1080 FTW purchase with filling out the form aside from shipping. I actually think shipping was more then then this is to buy now. LOL. Anyway in a Corsair Carbide Air 540 with a UT60 in the front the powerlink just isn't going to happen. I wish they made the new plug location where it could rotate to orient the plugs up or down instead of straight out and horizontal with the card.

Pretty cool product I didn't know existed, wonder if it would work on my Fury heh.

Feel your pain. Got my link free from my 1080 FTW purchase with filling out the form aside from shipping. I actually think shipping was more then then this is to buy now. LOL. Anyway in a Corsair Carbide Air 540 with a UT60 in the front the powerlink just isn't going to happen. I wish they made the new plug location where it could rotate to orient the plugs up or down instead of straight out and horizontal with the card.

Yeah I ran into this same problem with my slim radiator in my Air 540 case.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Yeah I ran into this same problem with my slim radiator in my Air 540 case.

Hmmm are you running push pull? I don't really see how you couldn't if you have a slim rad. Of course I didn't even bother pulling my link out of the box so I really don't know how large it is for taking up space at the ass of the card. I would guess it would take up the rest of the space I have and be right at the UT60. I would think there would be room for the power cable for you. Then again I really don't know how fat the link is since mine is sealed in the box. I could clearly tell there isn't room right now for my cable to plug in on the ass of the card without the link so there was no point. It was free aside from shipping though and eventually I may change from my powder coated 540 to something else. I have the 10 year warranty on my card so the case may go before the card does. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back