Evga PCIe 6800 GT & Ultra in stock @ gameve

Biff

n00b
Heads up to those looking for your SLI goodness! $489 for the GT and $610 for the Ultra. Not too much over MSRP considering Evga wants $599 for the Ultra from their website, which STILL says "Backordered". Get 'em while their hot!

newegg got em in today too.. they have the XFX 6800GT and the EVA GT and Ultra's in... but SHIZ MAN they are gougin... I am actually quite glad I was able to get only mildly raped for my two Bfg 6800GT's. (not because of cost, but that is a WHOLE other story)

Tripp17 said:
I bought my eVGA 6800GT PCIe card from GameVE about 3 months ago.......

Ditto, although mine was an Ultra. Just a heads up to those who are searching. I'm waiting for Nforce5 (next month, supposedly) before I get another Evga Ultra. Should be less gouging now that several e-tailers are getting them in. $610 really isn't bad, considering a month ago gameve was charging $679. Mine was $612 from gameve in October before they started the gouging. Evga is stating an MSRP of $599 on the PCIe Ultras, so for an extra $10, why not? I don't see prices dropping to less than $599 for the Ultras for some time to come until the SLI hype drops a bit. If you REALLY want to get raped, get one of those Asus "Extreme" hahaha N6800 Ultras from gameve for $835. They are clocked at 450, which by the way the Evga Ultra does easily and is stable using Coolbits or Powerstrip. Evga even uses a copper heatsink instead of Asus' aluminum one. Ain't marketing fun?

Biff:

I am curious, have you tried overclocking your Ultra? What speeds can it hit?

I just got off the phone with EVGA, they tell me that there should be a good supply in a week or so. I am glad to hear they are showing up on the net. that means a boat load by Feb 15th

J-Mag said:
Biff:

I am curious, have you tried overclocking your Ultra? What speeds can it hit?

I have been able to hit 450 without any artifacting or weirdness. I use Half Life 2 and Doom3 as tests. The newest version of Powerstrip (build 488) does a nice job. Previous versions obviously had issues with PCI Express cards. I am hesitant to go much more than 450 as it is very stable, and you really won't see much performance gain by venturing further. OCing the memory seems to have little effect, so I'm keeping it at 1100. Do you have an Evga Ultra PCIe? If so, does your stock clock report 425? Just curious to see if this is a lucky card, or are all Evga Ultra PCIe clocked at 425. Thanks.

I flashed my eVGA 6800GT PCIe alittle while ago to the eVGA 6800ultra and now my clocks are at 425/1100 before i start to overclock, so i dont think Biff got lucky. I am able to get my card to 440/1150, but i havent seen if 440 is the max, i just kinda put it there. I will do more testing and post back. I am usinf the NVsilencer5 and my temps after the flash have stayed the same. My old overclock before the flash was 420/1150. I havent even tried the memory yet.

No, I have two BFG 6800GT's... But I was curious as to the differences in overclockablity of PCI-E GT's and Ultras, cause there isn't much info out there on em yet since not many people have their hands on them.

I use doom3 timedemo's to test my cards out when they are overspec'd too... It does a good job of crashing my system if I am running them too high... I ran 3 timedemos with one 6800gt @ 420core 1200mem before it crahsed one time, but now with my SLI setup I cant push em nearly as hard.

Really though overclocking at this point is like taping a bottle rocket to an ICBM...

example: test run of doom3, high quality1600x1200, cpu @ 2.48ghz

370core 1000mem (stock) i get 99 fps in demo1
410core 1100mem i get 103fps

Back