EVGA NU Audio Pro

More On Topic (my apologies)

Let's talk about their feature list items...

NEW COVER
The NU Audio Pro features a bold new cover design to remind you that this isn’t your run-of-the-mill audio card.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Weird, their official stance is that it cannot do 2.1 with analog outputs.

Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)

Nov 20, 15:20 +08

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

The Sound BlasterX AE-5 does not support 2.1 speakers with a separate subwoofer.

If you want to connect a 2.1 sound system to your sound card, you can connect it to the Front(L/R).
they are not saying it doesnt support 2.1 just that it doesnt do it wil a seperate woofer. most 2.1 speaker sets dont have a seperate woofer connection, it loops through the L/R speakers.

they are not saying it doesnt support 2.1 just that it doesnt do it wil a seperate woofer. most 2.1 speaker sets dont have a seperate woofer connection, it loops through the L/R speakers.

I guess that would just depend on definition of 2.1. Maybe I am wrong that 2.1 is 3 channels and 5.1 is 6 channels, 7.2 is 9 etc etc.

I guess that would just depend on definition of 2.1. Maybe I am wrong that 2.1 is 3 channels and 5.1 is 6 channels, 7.2 is 9 etc etc.

In the case of '2.1', you're talking about 'PC 2.1', which is really just 2.0 where the sub is 'looped in'. Perhaps there's a crossover in play.

Moving up to 5.1 you actually get a separate sub channel, which is usually shared with the center channel. Thus you get six 'channels' out of three 1/8" / 3.5mm line out jacks.

If it's not XLR, it's not pro. ;)

Not to disagree in general, but the 1/4" / 6.3mm TRS connectors are used interchangeably on many audio equipment interfaces. I can't say whether those are more or less 'pro', to be honest :).

I am talking about a pair of studio monitors and a separate powered sub.

I'm using a balanced DAC that feeds left and right via XLR to a studio sub, which then passes those to a pair of JBL LSR305s. Even have a passive preamp for volume control and switching to a headphone tube amp.

I went with a studio sub specifically for this case, so that the speakers wouldn't have occasion to pick up interference in the analog path.

in a home theater situation yes. but 2.1 on pc has usually been looped like i described and as idiotincharge posted a couple posts up.

I wonder if it requires a Sata Cable to power it that is the biggest problem with the orginal Nuaudio card I considered purchasing it.
People say the Creative cards are miles ahead but I haven't tired both so I can't really say.
the new card has a SATA power port on it so I am guessing it requires SATA power like the original card.

Maybe share your setup please? I have been working on this for the last week and could not find a single instance of anyone getting 2.1 out of the card. All I see are people using pc desktop speakers that take in 2.0 and then just crossover the LF to the sub. My goal is doing the crossover at the sound card so my fronts arent getting the LF and only the sub is.

My setup is a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2 Studio Monitors hooked to an M-Audio BX-Subwoofer. My sub pulls the LF from the output to the Alesis, but also has a foot pedal to bypass the sub and send full range to the Alesis.

IMG_2739-desk-processed.jpg

Not sure why people here are seemingly obsessed with ground loop as if avoiding one is somehow the only thing that matters and can only be done on certain pieces of equipment.

Not sure why people here are seemingly obsessed with ground loop as if avoiding one is somehow the only thing that matters and can only be done on certain pieces of equipment.
I had a ground loop that was driving me crazy.

Bought a pair of M-Audio BX5's and was getting a hum and buzz through them. Got another set and the same issue.
Built another PC with a Soundblaster ZX and still had the issue.
Ended up pulling the ground from the speakers and all was good.

like this
I had a ground loop that was driving me crazy.

Bought a pair of M-Audio BX5's and was getting a hum and buzz through them. Got another set and the same issue.
Built another PC with a Soundblaster ZX and still had the issue.
Ended up pulling the ground from the speakers and all was good.
Yeah ground loops are extremely common. If you have ever played live instruments or recorded you run into much more hum than anyone doing audiophile stuff or pc gaming so it gets an "okay lol" from me.

Last edited:
Yeah ground loops are extremely common. If you have ever played live instruments or recorded you run into much more hum than anyone doing audiophile stuff or pc gaming so it gets an "okay lol" from me.

Radio stations have the same issues. And special events, presentations etc. I worked in the field.

Obsession? Probably, because it sounds terrible in many environments. Including listening to music at home.

A lot of big words in this thread. I thought add in soundcards were pointless these days and had been for a decade. I use this https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/M..._GF-A2Ebzw9m6MYUvvqJsaXy6idH-zPMaAqIBEALw_wcB paired with two studio monitors and a studio sub. Sounds great to me, incredible even. what am i missing out on?

If you like how it sounds, your'e not missing out on anything.

Great affordable audio is very achievable these days and an absolute joy when it works out well.

Radio stations have the same issues. And special events, presentations etc. I worked in the field.

Obsession? Probably, because it sounds terrible in many environments. Including listening to music at home.
Your posts made it seem like you had no concept of it at all in reality and only of some fairy tale audiophile dreamings lol. IMO saying you want to avoid computer because of ground loop is one of the most asinine things since it's not a computer specific problem lol. I always have more problems with radio and lighting interference than anything else but I play guitar which is like a worst possible scenario as far as noise and hum is concerned.

If you like how it sounds, your'e not missing out on anything.

Great affordable audio is very achievable these days and an absolute joy when it works out well.
I would agree here, if it sounds good then enjoy it. People spend too much time worrying about dumb stuff, hop over to gearslutz and see people arguing about stuff that costs unbelievable amounts of money. Knowing your environmental limitations helps a lot too because once you hit a certain point there is basically no benefit to improving things.

Last edited:
Your posts made it seem like you had no concept of it at all in reality and only of some fairy tale audiophile dreamings lol. IMO saying you want to avoid computer because of ground loop is one of the most asinine things since it's not a computer specific problem lol. I always have more problems with radio and lighting interference than anything else but I play guitar which is like a worst possible scenario as far as noise and hum is concerned.

I would agree here, if it sounds good then enjoy it. People spend too much time worrying about dumb stuff, hop over to gearslutz and see people arguing about stuff that costs unbelievable amounts of money. Knowing your environmental limitations helps a lot too because once you hit a certain point there is basically no benefit to improving things.

This thread is about a EVGA audio card for a computer. So in this case a very computer specific discussion.
I simply stated I would prefer to avoid that and personally do so. Ground loop is one of the reasons.

Will using an add in card help reduce/eliminate coil whine or ground loop hum. How does it work with a usb audio interface?

Will using an add in card help reduce/eliminate coil whine or ground loop hum. How does it work with a usb audio interface?

No idea about coil whine as that is a mechanical noise.

Very hard to say what causes a ground loop with USB without knowing the whole setup, my approach was/is to remove things from the system until the problem was/is found and then work on isolating it from the chain.
I prefer not to add things if I don't absolutely have to. IMO in audio less is more. Again, IMO.

Ah, the two extremes of any audio card thread:

- "I can't hear any differences, these earbuds I got with my ipod shuffle have always been good enough. Never owned a sound card and never will. You people are stupid for buying them."
- "I would never use a soundcard, my $12,000 receiver is the only way I could ever listen to my spoken word records."

Bonus: some other guy will derail the thread over semantics that don't even apply to the product or consumers in question.

Ah, the two extremes of any audio card thread:

- "I can't hear any differences, these earbuds I got with my ipod shuffle have always been good enough. Never owned a sound card and never will. You people are stupid for buying them."
- "I would never use a soundcard, my $12,000 receiver is the only way I could ever listen to my spoken word records."

Bonus: some other guy will derail the thread over semantics that don't even apply to the product or consumers in question.

Bonus x2: A jaded forum veteran will jump in and point out the extremes of any audio card thread.

wish there was a dislike button...
maybe us "jadded vets" are sick of all the retarded thread crapping and the high and mighty bullshit...

Bonus x2: A jaded forum veteran will jump in and point out the extremes of any audio card thread.

Jaded? I was interested in discussing the product since it's always interesting to see what's new in what has become something of a niche market. What I got was 2.5 pages of off-topic Head-Fi dick measuring.

I'm not an Audiophile, I like music more than the gear.

I've listened to Digital music since DAT was a thing. I prefer to not use a Computer as a source because of clicks, loops and hum that sometimes presents itself in those situations.

I currently use a Luxman receiver, ElectroVoice EV-Four speakers and various input devices like a Akai 1710 R&R, Dual and MCS turntables, A Topping Dac with a Chromecast Audio and a LGV40 with Tidal.

Jazz and Blues.

I prefer no direct physical connection between a computer and Hi-Fi system. And when I use my LGV40 as a player I always just run it on battery.
I try to introduce as little hooked up DC equipment as possible to my system.

Jaded? I was interested in discussing the product since it's always interesting to see what's new in what has become something of a niche market. What I got was 2.5 pages of off-topic Head-Fi dick measuring.

It's still a DAC inside the computer with single-ended outputs.

I'll promise to focus entirely on computer related dick measuring in the future.

My sincerest apologies

I'll promise to focus entirely on computer related dick measuring in the future.

My sincerest apologies

I don't actually care, I just felt like pointing out what happens in pretty much every audio thread in the hopes that it might stop in this one... For the record, I think it's cool how invested and nuanced people can get with their audio setups.

Personally I've still got an X-Fi Titanium HD in my system, which has had driver issues over the years but seems to be okay now. Every now and then my sound gets corrupted though, which never happened until I moved to Win10. On the lookout for something new.

like this
It's still a DAC inside the computer with single-ended outputs.
And have you used one? There are lots of posts on here from people that haven't even seen or heard the thing saying pretty negative things. This conjecture is why I try to avoid going to hifi places because they are full of it.

I've used single-ended outputs that have picked up interference before, and that's a problem regardless of the miracles performed on the DAC and amp.

like this
I'm not sure what is going on with the sandy vaginas, but the EVGA NU Audio Pro is an add on sound card that is marketed as High End Audio. It is not marketed to people who think that phone bundled ear buds, citrix audio, sound bars and portable speakers are the pentacle of audio quality.

Discussing issues with pc based audio in the same thread sounds like on topic discussion to me. I'm not seeing anyone make suggestions about cryo treating the sound cards and cables to get better audio or anything. Ground loops can potentially occur on any powered audio device, and pc system/interference issues are a legitimate potential issue with pc audio.

Complaining about audio enthusiasts on the remnant PC/tech enthusiast forums of a now defunct PC/tech enthusiast review site is interesting to say the least.

Have you been to the AMD/Intel, AMD/Nvidia areas of the forum?

like this
And have you used one? There are lots of posts on here from people that haven't even seen or heard the thing saying pretty negative things. This conjecture is why I try to avoid going to hifi places because they are full of it.

So basically youre just here to complain about Audio Forums. Seriously there are many threads on [H] where the majority of the posters don't have and never will have the gear that is being discussed.

You've been here much longer than most, you should know.

Personally I've still got an X-Fi Titanium HD in my system, which has had driver issues over the years but seems to be okay now. Every now and then my sound gets corrupted though, which never happened until I moved to Win10. On the lookout for something new.

I've used X-Fi Titanium HD for a while until one day back in 2011 the driver broke somehow and caused Windows 7 to take 20+ minutes to load. Since then I've been using HDMI out and not ever looking back.

My setup is a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2 Studio Monitors hooked to an M-Audio BX-Subwoofer. My sub pulls the LF from the output to the Alesis, but also has a foot pedal to bypass the sub and send full range to the Alesis.

Really like that setup!

So basically youre just here to complain about Audio Forums. Seriously there are many threads on [H] where the majority of the posters don't have and never will have the gear that is being discussed.

You've been here much longer than most, you should know.
No I'm worried about users misunderstanding and being misled by posts here. Speculating about stuff is great fun but this thread is not that. Hope you have a nice night listening to your ground loop free non-computer audio system. I'll be here listening to my ground loop free computer audio system :)

Last edited:
Back