EVGA no longer making GPUs!

Holy crap. They've been my brand of choice for many years. Feels like ASUS = always overpriced and stuff from Zotac, Galax, etc. is mostly crap. Guess I'm rolling with MSI and Gigabyte now.

Holy crap. They've been my brand of choice for many years. Feels like ASUS = always overpriced and stuff from Zotac, Galax, etc. is mostly crap. Guess I'm rolling with MSI and Gigabyte now.
Tell me about it. I have had a few EVGA cards over the years, always thought they were priced well. Their service and support is in a different league compared to brands like asus and msi.

is it April 1st?...are they just skipping the next-gen 4000 series or permanently exiting the GPU market?

Pretty interesting. So they'll run out of sellable inventory by 2022 and keep some for warranty. I wonder how that is going to impact warranty claims a few years from now.

Nvidia treats AIB like shit. Jay Z 2 cents asked EVGA is they are losing money selling a 3090ti at $1400. The answer is yes. This is while Nvidia is selling their own 3090ti on Bestbuy for $1100.

Nvidia treats AIB like shit. Jay Z 2 cents asked EVGA is they are losing money selling a 3090ti at $1400. The answer is yes. This is while Nvidia is selling their own 3090ti on Bestbuy for $1100.
Apparently at the current pricing, EVGA is losing money on all the high end 30 series cards like 3080 and up.

I kinda wonder how long they're going to operate strictly off their PSU, Mobo, and accessories alone. The times I've had to contact them for RMA's and such, they've been ultra-responsive and did a fantastic job. Comparable to Corsair, who I've also had very similar experiences with. Other major PC OEM's...not so much. Hopefully they find some other major niche to stay relevant.

I have bought nothing but EVGA for my recent video cards... this stinks.

I kinda wonder how long they're going to operate strictly off their PSU, Mobo, and accessories alone. The times I've had to contact them for RMA's and such, they've been ultra-responsive and did a fantastic job. Comparable to Corsair, who I've also had very similar experiences with. Other major PC OEM's...not so much. Hopefully they find some other major niche to stay relevant.
"Downsizing"

Sounds like this part of the business is ultra profitable so it will soldier on...they'll simply run less revenue and ultimately...rid themselves of the overhead caused by the GPU business.

is it April 1st?...are they just skipping the next-gen 4000 series or permanently exiting the GPU market?
Or just posturing hail mary for better terms on 4000 series allocation.

Last edited:
Also Jayz

I don't quite understand who Andrew Han (EVGA CEO) was talking to. Steve from GN made it sound like he had an exclusive interview with him. But Jayz sounded like it was an interview with many tech channel hosts.

Also Jayz

I don't quite understand who Andrew Han (EVGA CEO) was talking to. Steve from GN made it sound like he had an exclusive interview with him. But Jayz sounded like it was an interview with many tech channel hosts.

Jay does a much better job in his video explaining this entire thing.

So at this point which brand is a runner up to EVGA. I always bought their Nvidia GPUs.

Or just posturing for better terms on 4000 series allocation.

could be but the GN video stated that they informed Nvidia in April 2022...so 5 months of posturing/negotiation and no deal...maybe making it public is the final negotiation tactic but EVGA is taking a huge risk if it doesn't work out

Wow thats crazy, I just started watching the video and came here to see if anyone else posted it yet. This is kind of crazy to me.......I really like EVGA cards, and I specifically like their ACX coolers as far as OEM GPU coolers are concerned. Reminds me of when XFX did the same thing to nvidia during the initial launch of Fermi. IIRC they did technically still sell the GTX 460 in limited quantities, as I think they were targeting GF100 specifically, and the 460 used a different die (GF106 maybe?).

The whole reason to buy EVGA was American support. The few times I needed them, they were awesome.

Welcome to the era of shitty Chinese/Indian support where you will wait 2 weeks for a poorly worded response to clarify your issue.

Fuck man. This sucks. Good job nVidia, you short sighted morons. I may have to go AMD this generation.

Well - Being an owner of the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra rev 0.1 (The infamous one with New Worlds issues) - I've removed the 500w BIOS and gone back to stock with default power limit. I think this seals the deal for me switching to AMD for my next card.

Who will buy an EVGA going into a new gen without StepUp?
EVGA will have to eat those cards. Do a quick fire sale and move on.

The whole reason to buy EVGA was American support. The few times I needed them, they were awesome.

Welcome to the era of shitty Chinese/Indian support where you will wait 2 weeks for a poorly worded response to clarify your issue.

Fuck man. This sucks. Good job nVidia, you short sighted morons. I may have to go AMD this generation.

That's what scares me most. My two experiences with dead EVGA cards were both resolved in roughly 10 days. By resolved, I mean I had a new replacement card in my machine and they had received my dead cards in the mail. Completely resolved. That's tough to beat without using a store-specific warranty. It might be worth looking into one of those Best Buy warranties where they replace your item with whatever the latest and greatest is. No questions asked, too. They aren't cheap, but they can work as a full-on upgrade for some items. Knowing my luck, they probably don't offer those for video cards.

Same. I haven't run an AMD GPU since the vacuum cleaner known as the 6990. My 2080 Ti still holds its own and I typically skip every other generation; so I'm about due for an upgrade and after this debacle. I'm going to keep my eye on developments very closely.

Back