EVGA made a 4090

Jensen said that Andrew (evga ceo) had been thinking about scaling down and exiting the videocard business for years so I doubt he regrets the decision.
Time will tell, right? But usually decisions like this mean "forgotten company". If eVGA had "something else", perhaps. eVGA cooler? Nope. eVGA PSU? Nope. Unless there's a surprise that will give them brand recognition.... maybe the world's best secret is something they're holding onto? For right now, they got nothing.

Reactions: erek
like this
Only if they made a Kingpin version. Their standard cards were just like everyone else's. They were all produced in the same factories. The difference is there would be a bunch of gawdy "e's" all over everything.
Correct me if I am wrong but EVGA made their GPUs in Taiwan and not China like everyone else. It is how they avoided the 25% import tax.

Correct me if I am wrong but EVGA made their GPUs in Taiwan and not China like everyone else. It is how they avoided the 25% import tax.
I'm not sure about that. Maybe some models were but generally, the standard cards were all the same stuff. Even if they were produced in another factory, it's the basic reference designs. There is nothing special about them.

No one here is really mad, but to imply that he isn't a douchebag is a stretch. He may be one of the least offensive douchebags, but is he most certainly still a douchebag.
On the YouTube scale, not just tech YouTube, he is a blip.

https://www.evga.com/articles/01594/intel-evga-overclock-and-give/

EVGA 4090 FTW3 will be featured in a livestream from Taiwan today (3pm PST/6pm EST), being hosted by EVGA and will feature Vince (Kingpin), Luumi and a couple other known XOC guys . GN Steve met with them a couple days ago to film a segment while they were warming up.

Stream link (3pm PST/6pm EST): https://twitch.tv/teamevga

EVGA 4090 FTW3 can be seen here with an LN2 cup strapped.

View attachment 533047

WGAF? They are out of the market.

I agree. Yes, they were one of the best and top manufacturers of video cards pretty much ever. If they get back into the game great, but for now I've moved on.

1670632516247.png

wonder if NVIDIA stepped in?
Nope. Either ebay's antifraud system auto removed it because of dollar amount, combined with it being a new ebay account (evga decided to make a new account for this GPU auction seperate from their main one), or trolls reporting the item for the lols.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like they had to take it to their forums because ebay is sometimes trash - https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Next-Gen-Graphics-Auction-for-Charity-m3590023.aspx

And FWIW, all proceeds go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - an eminently worthy charity that helps out extremely sick children and their family during treatment, and is 100% free due to donations from good people like you.
Based on the accounts bidding on that forum I don’t trust it. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re being trolled again

Company of that statue should know how to sell card at any capacity, This tells me its private person from company selling it. Im curious know if ceo knows about this.

Makes me think this they are trying sell in gray market make funds for what there doing.

Based on the accounts bidding on that forum I don’t trust it. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re being trolled again
They look fine, most of the bids aren't new forum accounts. But if high bidder doesn't pay it would just get offered to next highest bidder.

An acquaintance had bid $18K for the original ebay one, and not jokingly. But then was relieved when auction got auto removed by eBay because it "made him come to his senses." I don't want to tell him about this new auction for his own sake.

Reactions: erek
like this
They look fine, most of the bids aren't new forum accounts. But if high bidder doesn't pay it would just get offered to next highest bidder.

An acquaintance had bid $18K for the original ebay one, and not jokingly. But then was relieved when auction got auto removed by eBay because it "made him come to his senses." I don't want to tell him about this new auction for his own sake.
the charity is a good point though, seems people might be struggling with their own greed or somethin. weird reversal of feelings especially since it's for a good cause

Back