EVGA Keeps deposit and cost of new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SereLaw

Limp Gawd
Sent EVGA 3080 in for warranty.
Evga says 1700.00 for cross ship replacement. 850 deposit and 850 cost of new card.
I get new card and install.
EVGA says original card damage is my fault. Because of water damage.
Ok. No problem. Give me back deposit.
They say no we are keeping the deposit and the new card money., And sending original card back to you.
I say "Why am I paying double"?

What am I missing here?

Ya, they need to give you back the deposit.
can you post the transcript of the conversation?

Sent EVGA 3080 in for warranty.
Evga says 1700.00 for cross ship replacement. 850 deposit and 850 cost of new card.
I get new card and install.
EVGA says original card damage is my fault. Because of water damage.
Ok. No problem. Give me back deposit.
They say no we are keeping the deposit and the new card money., And sending original card back to you.
I say "Why am I paying double"?

What am I missing here?
Nice try scamming them for a cheap card you knew you broke. No one here will be sad for you.

It's like they should reward you with a RTX 3080 at $850 when you played the cross-ship game with a card you knew you broke. Should've cleaned it a little bit better.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/
Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will refund the collateral paid in full.

That is if the card is kept by EVGA and you keep the replacement. He is keeping the replacement and they are sending his broken card back, so he pays the $850 and gets the $850 deposit back.
The reason they are doing the extra charge is to keep people from doing false Advance RMA's and getting a second working card for retail price without waiting in a queue.

EVGA is charging the collateral for cross ship, because people either were keeping the fresh card from EVGA and not sending in their old card-----or sending in a card which is broken in a way not covered by warranty. And at that point, its difficult for EVGA to get the fresh card back.

Also, with the supply issues and EVGA's queue system: cross-shipping with a card broken in a way which isn't covered by warranty----essentially allows you to skip all of the queues, etc.

So, if you do that, you pay double to skip the queues.

*It could be a messaging issue. They may actually refund the collateral, once the original card is confirmed returned by the courier.

Do you have the opportunity to return the new card and get your money back?

That is if the card is kept by EVGA and you keep the replacement. He is keeping the replacement and they are sending his broken card back, so he pays the $850 and gets the $850 deposit back.
The reason they are doing the extra charge is to keep people from doing false Advance RMA's and getting a second working card for retail price without waiting in a queue.
When I did a RMA with the.last year they told me people were opening advance RMA and never sending back the "broken" card. You can still do standard RMA without any deposits. Once they got my broken card back I got refunded the entire cost within a few days.

EVGA is charging the collateral for cross ship, because people either were keeping the fresh card from EVGA and not sending in their old card-----or sending in a card which is broken in a way not covered by warranty. And at that point, its difficult for EVGA to get the fresh card back.

Also, with the supply issues and EVGA's queue system: cross-shipping with a card broken in a way which isn't covered by warranty----essentially allows you to skip all of the queues, etc.

So, if you do that, you pay double to skip the queues.

*It could be a messaging issue. They may actually refund the collateral, once the original card is confirmed returned by the courier.
EVGA always charged you for the card when doing an Advance RMA. the extra deposit is new. When I RMA'd my 3080 FTW3 in March, I just paid the MSRP as collateral.

When I did a RMA with the.last year they told me people were opening advance RMA and never sending back the "broken" card. You can still do standard RMA without any deposits.
I was thinking that would be an easy way to get a second card with no wait and no scalping when I did mine. But my card was actually faulty, something happened during the Hybrid install that killed my card and EVGA RMA'd it for me.
Took only 10 days get the replacement. I was honestly thinking it would be weeks or months to get a replacement due to the shortage and was totally bummed out. Was so happy to get the shipping notice a few days after the RMA.
IMG_0892.JPEG

This was a false advance RMA :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back