EVGA Introduces Precision for Game Bar BETA

erek

[H]F Junkie
"EVGA Precision for Game Bar is here. This widget for the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 devices gives you instant access to monitoring and overclocking, built right into the Game Bar. Want to overclock without even exiting your game? Simply press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar over your game, application or even desktop. EVGA Precision for Game Bar includes support for GPU Clock Control, Memory Clock Control, Fan Speed Control, GPU Temperature monitoring, Frequency monitoring, and Framerate Monitoring (Coming Soon).

Download EVGA Precision for Game Bar BETA here."

https://www.techpowerup.com/270081/evga-introduces-precision-for-game-bar-beta

I think to try it later today, I often use Xbox Game Bar because is easy to swich and manage the sound when there is 2 sound devices, and it work in full screen games.
And I am curios how it will work in games like Destiny 2 where most softwares fail.

Interesting. I don't use the Game Bar (even have it disabled), but something like this might make me re-think it. There's no mention about card LEDs (blech, I want 'em off), otherwise it seems like you wouldn't need PX if you have this.

I didn't realize the XBox Game Bar was a thing anyone used. This would be a great poll: Do you use the XBox Game Bar?

Me, personally? I used to forcibly remove it from Win10, but then it got to be a hassle to do it every major update - not having it would often break things that otherwise depend on it. So now I just ignore it.

This would seem to solve the too-many-simultaneous-overlays problem.

Last edited:
The Game Bar isn't inherently bad. It does offer a quick way to toggle audio devices, capture video, and text/audio chat with your Xbox friends list. You can also check GPU/CPU usage. I've used the Xbox chat functionality as I still have a fair number of friends going back to the 360's heyday. Most of my audio devices automatically toggle, so I've never needed that...but I've heard horror stories from people with cams, multiple pads (with audio outputs), and headsets all at once.
With the right additional plug-ins (like PX or even an HDR toggle), I could see myself using it.

Meh, RTSS works great and isn't limited to just GPU measurements. The new version (currently in beta) allows for a lot of new customization too.

I think to try it later today, I often use Xbox Game Bar because is easy to swich and manage the sound when there is 2 sound devices, and it work in full screen games.
And I am curios how it will work in games like Destiny 2 where most softwares fail.
Interestingly, Game Bar and even 3rd party widgets work just fine in D2. You're right, its usually fully locked down regarding overlays.

Interestingly, Game Bar and even 3rd party widgets work just fine in D2. You're right, its usually fully locked down regarding overlays.

Yes because it's layer in Window Manager and are not injected in the game like MSI Afterburner where the games can reject it.

Back