EVGA introduces its new Frostbite 2 Thermal Grease

erek

[H]F Junkie
I'll wait until they name what the comparisons were, or until someone does a compare to my go to MX4.
Also seems a bit pricey at 12$ for 2.5g

I'm not sure I trust any GPU AIB to know the difference between good thermal paste and toothpaste. I'm also not sure if 2.5g is enough for a single application with the way they use it.

"unnamed competitors" - Get the fuck out of here with that type of marketing.

The unnamed competitors were revealed.

thermal-pad-cpu.jpgile_material_0_3mmt_tis112_05_for_led_street_light.jpg

im very doubtful its anything better than total crap. 1.6w/mk sounds terrible

wouldn't be surprised if it was just the standard pre-applied thermal grease that's used on most gpu/cpu heatsinks with an EVGA label on it. that comparison scale could give Intel and AMD's marketing teams a run for their money though, lol.

It's going to be a long time before someone tops Artic Silver 5 I got a deal on x4 tubes on ebay like 5 years ago.
Sure there is better stuff but it's like 20.00 a tube =)

Attachments

• ars5.jpg
    ars5.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
Thermalright TFX is still one of the top pastes. As good as Kryonaut while being thicker like Phobya Nanogrease Extreme, which means it's more resistant to pump out.

It's going to be a long time before someone tops Artic Silver 5 I got a deal on x4 tubes on ebay like 5 years ago.
Sure there is better stuff but it's like 20.00 a tube =)
Nice, I had a giant 12g tube from 2007 I finally used the last of a couple of years ago.
I like the burnin time of the MX4 now much better.

Nice, I had a giant 12g tube from 2007 I finally used the last of a couple of years ago.
I like the burnin time of the MX4 now much better.

I find MX4 much easier to work with than the other ones I've used and I've been happy with the performance as well. It's thick enough that it doesn't tend to get everywhere like some can if you're not careful and it's not thick enough that you need to spread it get an even coating, both of those issues could be considered user error but heatsinks don't always go on as smoothly as they should.

I also like that it's non-conductive/capacitive and doesn't scratch like some of the diamond pastes.

Back