EVGA iCX cards

Travolta

Gawd
I’ve been trying out Ubuntu 18.04 for gaming and have had lots of success running games through SteamPlay but my biggest issue at the moment is my EVGA iCX GTX 1070 card has asynchronous fans but I can’t seem to find any solutions to control both fans. I know you can unlock a fan control in the Nvidia control panel but that only controls the gpu fan. Anyone have any recommendations?

This is why I only ever buy reference cards. What do they do now? Call them 'founders editions' and charge more of a premium for them?

I wish I could help, but it's going to take some major hackery to tweak those additional fans if they're not officially supported in firmware.

No problem Mazz, was just wondering if anyone with more Linux experience could point me in the right direction. I appreciate the response!

EVGA has said on numerous occasions that they have no plans on developing a Linux version of Precision XOC. One way to get around it is to plug one of the fans into a header on the motherboard.

EVGA has said on numerous occasions that they have no plans on developing a Linux version of Precision XOC. One way to get around it is to plug one of the fans into a header on the motherboard.
Hey that’s not a bad idea.

Back