eVGA GTX460 2Win

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
EDIT2: AFAIK, this is not the GTX590.

Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2Win! This card harnesses the power of two EVGA GeForce GTX 460 GPU’s for blistering fast DirectX 11 performance, including tessellation performance that destroys the competition. Experience a whole new level of interactive gaming and combine up to three displays off a single card for the ultimate in 3D entertainment, or disable Surround and combine up to four displays for maximum productivity. With these features and more, the EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2Win gives you double the win!

Source(s): http://www.evga.com/articles/00613/ & http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=02G-P3-1387-AR

I have no nice comment about this card.

EDIT: I take that back, at least eVGA has decided to allow lifetimewarranty on this card, unlike their other "specialty" cards (classified edition GTX285, GTX275 Physx Co-op, etc).

Performance

NVIDIA GTX 460
700 MHz GPU
672 CUDA Cores
400 MHz RAMDAC
Memory
2048 MB, 512 bit GDDR5
3600 MHz (effective)
230.4 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Product Length 11.5in - 292.1mm

Takes two PCIe 8 pins

Last edited:
Is this what the GTX "590" was? I'm not quite clear on that. If so, my god what a giant let-down.

Is this what the GTX "590" was? I'm not quite clear on that. If so, my god what a giant let-down.

Nah, this is eVGA"s spin on something else. Some people, however, took any image with two GPUs and assumed it was the GTX590 :p

Nah, this is eVGA"s spin on something else. Some people, however, took any image with two GPUs and assumed it was the GTX590 :p

Thank god. When I saw it pop up on my feed and looked at the product page I got almost depressed. This isn't too bad but Im really interested to see what nVidia will throw out the door for the dual GPU card.

All the size, probably most of the cost, and more than all of the power consumption of the GTX580, with no additional performance benefits, or benefits of running a single card setup. This will need to be quite cheap for most people to be worth bothering with. Had it come out earlier, it would have been quite a neat top-end product.

All the size, probably most of the cost, and more than all of the power consumption of the GTX580, with no additional performance benefits, or benefits of running a single card setup. This will need to be quite cheap for most people to be worth bothering with. Had it come out earlier, it would have been quite a neat top-end product.

Why two GTX460s? They should have made this with the 560.

yeah, you two are echoing my sentiments on this product. eVGA seems to have a hardon for the GTX460 recently, along with their less recent GTX460 2GB announcement - after the GTX560 launched, and after the GTX560 2GB came out from Palit...

looks pretty cool

wonder how fast a pair in sli would be
No quad-sli support for this card. Someone from Evga posted to their forums that they didn't have time to remove the SLI connector before launch.

No quad-sli support for this card. Someone from Evga posted to their forums that they didn't have time to remove the SLI connector before launch.

aw that sucks

too bad it doesn't have 4gb or i'd consider getting one.

I don't see the hate for this card. It fills a legitimate space: single card, greater than GTX 580 performance, with surround game support and 4-panel productivity support, while cheaper than a GTX 580.

1GB per GPU is going to be problematic if you're expecting to crank up the visuals for sure though, but for someone looking for entry-level surround on an nvidia platform for a great price this is OK. Personally, since I hold no brand loyalty, I would go with a 2GB 6950 or 6970 and deal with the performance hit.

I recall seeing pictures of a dual-GF104 graphics card in the late fall.

The GTX 460 was a great card, and turned the $200 market on its head back in July, but this might be too late. All depends on what the pricing is. If they can get it around $300, then it would be one hell of a deal. $400+, not so much.

Dual 8-pin power connectors and a stock cooler with three fans. I think the card might be a little power hungry. :eek:

Its 2 GTX 460s, I would expect it to use a little bit of power. Also remember that GTX 460s were crazy OC'ers and actually had some great performance in them, this is most likely better for "lower" resolutions(Not 5760x1200)

If you have a micro atx board, want nvidia 3d, only have (or want to use) one pci-e 16 slot, running 1080p, sounds like this would be a good solution. There are a lot of people gaming on their HTPC setups, this might be good for them. I most likely wouldn't buy one, but if 3d gaming really takes off it might be worth it depending on price.

The thing is a bit long for a HTPC and gaming use, though, right?

In my main rig I can see it, but the price has to be right. Still, considering I already have a GTX460 in my machine, there's no way they can beat the pricepoint of me just buying a second GTX460 and doing dual-card SLI (which I may do soon enough if Witcher 2 doesn't give me the performance I want).

The EVGA SOC version is going for 179usd at newegg. So me buying two of them would be cheaper than this card and outperform it. So what's the point of it?

The EVGA SOC version is going for 179usd at newegg. So me buying two of them would be cheaper than this card and outperform it. So what's the point of it?
not that I want this card due to no quad SLI, but the point is if they price this card around $350 + $20. Beyond that is also beyond reason. Since evga hadn't announced pricing yet, just wait and see.

Why two GTX460s? They should have made this with the 560.
The video card manufacturers probably have to sign agreements of what to do and what not to, and must obtain approval from GPU makers (nVidia/AMD) for non-reference designs before the production, in order to maintain a "desirable" performance/pricing structure.

The 4xx series are being replaced by 5xx series and that's why they're allowed now (the skill / technology to produce such a card always existed). It's not affecting the new mainstream and makes use of left over units.

-

Cool idea and everything but .. 400 series based? I know they've probably been working on this for a while but its going to be a power hungry short on ram ...eh.

Only people desperate to have a single card solution Sli will likely have interest in this. And even if you must have a single card solution the 6990 seems like it would be a better option (double the ram and lower power requirements then this ...probably). Of course waiting on the GTX 590 is the best choice.

Last edited:
Are 400 parts still being fabbed?! If not, this must be a push to liquidate the stock pile ... if that's the case, then the price will be right, I'm guessing. *shrug*

Are 400 parts still being fabbed?! If not, this must be a push to liquidate the stock pile ... if that's the case, then the price will be right, I'm guessing. *shrug*
Well, the 560 Ti is pin compatible with GTX 460 boards so I'd expect a 560 2Win later when GF104 supplies run out.

I wonder if this will be compatible in SLI with normal GTX 460? If it does, then color me very interested.

seems like a good option for people looking for a single card solution, if it's priced in the $300 ballpark. if each gpu overclocks like typical 460's do then it can easily exceed GTX580 performance. pricing determines the fate of this card, but i predict EVGA will overprice it and it will sell to only a handful of uninformed consumers.

Actually, price was just leaked today as being US $399 Tempting card, I have a 460 hawk now, wondering if i want to just
snag another as the prices drop, or sell off and go for this.
I know the TI560's are nice, but the 460's can still perform.

Actually, price was just leaked today as being US $399 Tempting card, I have a 460 hawk now, wondering if i want to just
snag another as the prices drop, or sell off and go for this.
I know the TI560's are nice, but the 460's can still perform.

i purchased both my Hawks for $315 total AR. seems like the better choice if you are capable of running SLI.

IMHO this card does not really make sense. You don't start with GTX 460 SLI or GTX 560 SLI, because there is no upgrade path. If you know beforehand that you will need the graphics power you go directly to GTX 580, that gives about the same performance with much less hassle.

Back