EVGA GTX260 192cores $214.99 after MIR Free ship+Farcry 2

BFG version is $199 AR

http://www.bfgstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BFGEGTX260896OCE

Comes with Far Cry 2, 3DMark Vantage Advanced Ed. and an LED Mini Torch (woohoo)

When you add to cart, it's an instant $50 off. And here is the $20 rebate: http://www.bfgstore.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/bfg store bfg gtx 260 896mb oc 112668.pdf

Not sure about shipping though...but heck with the EVGA version, you have to shell out $255 anyway.

+shipping makes it more than 200 total. And tax if you live in illinois. And the BFG warranties blow compared to EVGAs

+shipping makes it more than 200 total. And tax if you live in illinois. And the BFG warranties blow compared to EVGAs

BFG has the same lifetime warranty EVGA has. They do 100 days step-up compared to EVGAs 90 day. And hell, I'd actually get a rebate from them, unlike EVGA, where newegg actually had to stick up for it and refunded me the money on my next purchase. Plus, it's a $20 MIR compared to $40 MIR from EVGA.

BFG has the same lifetime warranty EVGA has. They do 100 days step-up compared to EVGAs 90 day. And hell, I'd actually get a rebate from them, unlike EVGA, where newegg actually had to stick up for it and refunded me the money on my next purchase. Plus, it's a $20 MIR compared to $40 MIR from EVGA.

EVGA's warranty policy on changing heatsinks:
There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.

BFG's:
Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

BFG says you cant modify it at all. EVGA says you can as long as you don't damage it.
Seems pretty different to me.

And for the record, I've gotten all my EVGA rebates back with no problems.

EVGA's warranty policy on changing heatsinks:
There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.

BFG's:
Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

BFG says you cant modify it at all. EVGA says you can as long as you don't damage it.
Seems pretty different to me.

And for the record, I've gotten all my EVGA rebates back with no problems.

Seems pretty damn close to me on the warranty, changing a heatsink is not modifying the board and there's no way they can tell. So as long as it wasn't damaged by any of those things, you're fine.

Of the 3 EVGA cards I've sent rebates on, I've received one. The last one was rejecting for an invalid UPC number, which is rediculous since the UPC number is the one thing they provided to me on the packaging. The one thing that you can't possibly get wrong on a rebate submission is what they reject it on.

I have nothing but respect for both BFG and EVGA.
BFG has been an amazing sponsor for some of the Lan parties I've attended but the warranty is quite a bit different.

Evga Expects you to use their card to its fullest potential, overclock it, change whatever you want just don't mess up the PCB.

I mean hell EVGA even has a free overclocking utility that actually works (well 90%)

so +1 Evga

and I got in on this deal to btw :) Thanks OP :)
BFG- Don't do anything, if we can tell well you aren't getting any help

and there's no way they can tell.

There is a big difference to me between legal and illegal. "White lie" or not, if given the option I'd rather not lie. But that's just me.

There is a big difference to me between legal and illegal. "White lie" or not, if given the option I'd rather not lie. But that's just me.

Then don't do stuff that it tells you not to do. If you know you screwed up your card because of things you did, don't RMA it. It's real simple.

Until the end of the week, it's cheaper to buy it from techtreasure (mwave) on ebay and get the 25% Microsoft rebate (after 60 days), as well as the 40 dollar rebate....some people can use an ebay coupon that gives an additional 10% off.

If you're eligible for the latter, it's in your eBay inbox.

If you really REALLY want to go with newegg, I believe you can get 3% cash back from MS, but you'd have to go reasearch that one. I went for the best deal I could get.

Back