EVGA GTX 980 - $236.54 for Price Matching ONLY

Nice, I'm going to office depot. Hopefully I have better luck with them than I did with Staples. I tried price matching with BHPhotoVideo.com but they won't price match in store items.

I tried two Office Depots and it was a no go. Manager came over and first thing she said, is it about the chip? Corporate sent an email to them that they are not to price match that. 2nd Office Depot said the same thing.

bykcWok.png

You mean "spies".

Hahha. yea...

Maybe I just spoke to t he wrong person. But he did say a bunch of other guys already tried to get the price match.

Blahh. Oh well, it's not like I need the card. Just woulda been a pleasant surprise. Wish I lived in an area with more BBs that I could try and get the card.

Does Best Buy actually sell these high end GPUs in store. Basically is it worth it to check one out locally? From what I remember years ago they only had low end cards for high prices.

Does Best Buy actually sell these high end GPUs in store. Basically is it worth it to check one out locally? From what I remember years ago they only had low end cards for high prices.

Check their website, you'll be surprised how many stores have them in stock.

The best buy near me actually had one., they wouldn't price match it though. Does anyone have the 970 link or is that gone?

bestbuys have caught on.. it's rare to pick up gtx980's from BB since they don't carry GTX980s in stock. they have to order those, and that is when they ask their manager to approve something, and the fat manager walks by and be like... nope.

My Best Buys have a policy that anything over a certain % discount for price matching requires a managers approval. The managers will undoubtedly say no to these things.

BB will surprise ya...

I bought a 3770k and z77 ud3h from them a couple years ago for about the same price as Amazon and technically paid nothing for it thanks to video game flipping between BB and Gamestop. Turned a couple Arkham City's/Rage's/Bulletstorms/FFXIII-2's into 1800$ in credit eventually... 2012 was a good year =P

Damn I wish i would have saw this yesterday. $67 is a damn steal and of course it is out of stock in Madison Heights, Mi.

What the heck? Is that some kind of mistake? There is a Microcenter in VA quite a few hours from me but I would've driven it if it had been in stock.

What the heck? Is that some kind of mistake? There is a Microcenter in VA quite a few hours from me but I would've driven it if it had been in stock.
Nahhhh, not a price mistake you're missing out on, this right here is just a little bit of fraud...You're more than welcomed to join :D All you need to do is find a dumb cashier :):)

Nahhhh, not a price mistake you're missing out on, this right here is just a little bit of fraud...You're more than welcomed to join :D All you need to do is find a dumb cashier :):)

Not worth it for me. Microcenter isn't close enough to me to try to price match at other stores. Did they actually have this card for this price?

Curious as to why you think the link is fraud?

damn, i really wanted to pick up a 2nd 980 so i could go to 4k later this year.

when i stopped back at officedepot they said the district manager told them microcenter was not a valid price matching competitor anymore.

Curious as to why you think the link is fraud?

Legal Lesson:

Five separate elements of fraud:
(1) A false statement of a material fact - e.g. The card is available at MC for the $236.54 price
(2) Knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue - e.g. Use an unsearchable, never in stock at that price link to show to employees of other store.
(3) Intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim - e.g. "Find the dumbest looking associate" and get them to price match a price known to be OOS and unsearchable.
(4) Justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement - e.g. Show "dumb" associate the price and claim it is a legitimate price at MC thus meeting their price matching criteria
(5) Injury to the alleged victim as a result - e.g. BB/Staples take a loss on the card honoring a fraudulent price match inquiry

This is a pure case of fraud. I am sure the companies will not pursue this since they don't care for such small pittance but generally, conscience should exist with at least some people...

Whats really sad is that there will be people losing their jobs over this.

However its "okay" because they were "dumb enough" to price match.

Staples finally credited me back the $ from my canceled order. The only fraud going on was their website saying they had the 2982 in stock when it was OOS, so they basically collected interest for a week.

The manager at Staples wouldn't PM the 2983 card that staples.com now sells on their website, which is understandable. Oh well, I guess it was worth the try. Congrats to those who made out.

Legal Lesson:

(1) A false statement of a material fact - e.g. The card is available at MC for the $236.54 price
(2) Knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue - e.g. Use an unsearchable, never in stock at that price link to show to employees of other store.
(3) Intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim - e.g. "Find the dumbest looking associate" and get them to price match a price known to be OOS and unsearchable.
(4) Justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement - e.g. Show "dumb" associate the price and claim it is a legitimate price at MC thus meeting their price matching criteria
(5) Injury to the alleged victim as a result - e.g. BB/Staples take a loss on the card honoring a fraudulent price match inquiry

(1) The statement is true. It is simply a printout / direct link to competitors site. No alterations were made to claim the item was in stock at MC for $236.54, when it clearly says not in stock.

(2) Refer to back to (1), the statement is true and out of stock just as the statement says.

(3) Simply showing a website link or printout to an employee and asking if it is able to be price matched is not fraud. If you owned a store and some person came up to you and asked if you honored an coupon with a huge VOID (i.e OOS) stamp on it, and you honored it anyway, does that make it fraud because of self stupidity? A simple, "no" would have sufficed. Heck, I'll trade you this coupon for red lobster for that nice shiny Ferrari you got there...

(4) They all look dumb. Refer back to (3).

(5) A smaller positive gain is not a loss. MC sold these cards that were removed from their docking stations. Sold at a heavily discounted price in which they still make a tiny profit. BB/Staples suppliers would sell it to them for the same/similar price, so they not again, not losing money, just gaining less.

Where was MC actually selling these cards? I didn't check every store on the list but they seemed out of stock... everywhere.

Where was MC actually selling these cards? I didn't check every store on the list but they seemed out of stock... everywhere.
No, they were never in stock. It's an old stock item still lingering in their systems that are no longer sold but automatically updated. The page isn't available through MC's system but indexed via Google, which is how people are finding these "deals."

Legal Lesson:

You still didn't answer my question. How does a valid link become fraud? If it was in stock at microcenter I would have went and paid $67 for a 290.

Back