EVGA GTX 980 - $236.54 for Price Matching ONLY

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
Original EVGA GTX 980 for $236 has returned!
http://www.microcenter.com/product/438838/GeForce_GTX_980_Superclocked_4GB_PCIe_Video_Card

Call or visit your local Best Buy / Staples store and they will price match and order from their warehouse for you.
Here's the same product listing for Staples and BB:

http://www.staples.com/EVGA-GeForce...CI-Express-3-0-Graphic-Card/product_IM1XQ4077

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-ge...1312471298.p?id=mp1312471298&skuId=1312471298

You can try their webchat but it's a waste of time.

HIGH RATE OF SUCCESS if there's a MicroCenter in your state!
Otherwise they will probably deny you.

---

ASUS 980 currently has NO PRICE LISTED.
Price match will not work.

ASUS GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI-e Video Card
$286.71

http://www.microcenter.com/product/438918/geforce_gtx_980_4gb_video_card

Does not exist @ Staples.
Does not exist @ OfficeMax.

Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-...lack/9855141.p?id=1219441205886&skuId=9855141

bykcWok.png

Last edited:
Will they price match an obvious mistake like that? Plus, it shows out of stock pretty much everywhere :(

http://www.microcenter.com/product/438838/geforce_gtx_980_superclocked_4gb_pcie_video_card

Call or visit your local Best Buy / Staples store and they will price match and order from their warehouse for you.
Here's the same product listing for Staples and BB:

http://www.staples.com/EVGA-GeForce...2-0-Graphics-Card-4GB-GDDR5/product_IM1XQ4869

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-nv...lack/1021007.p?id=1219467576316&skuId=1021007

You can try their webchat but it's a waste of time.

Were you actually successful in doing this?

Well damn... Almost makes me regret the 980ti that was delivered today. SLI 980s for a bit over $500 may have swayed me.

Different manufacturer part numbers. Not sure how somebody could get them to pricematch.

Won't they only price match within like 50 miles or if it is readily available online? As to the different part number that is because Bestbuy gets custom part numbers just so they don't have to price match. At least I can't see another reason for it.

I edited the post w/ correct links.

part number:
04G-P4-2982-KR

Staples: Item: IM1XQ4077
Best Buy: SKU: 1312471298

The Staples one won't work because it's out of stock at Micro Center. And the Best Buy is through a marketplace seller (can't price match).

The Staples one won't work because it's out of stock at Micro Center. And the Best Buy is through a marketplace seller (can't price match).
Let me ask, have you ever gone in-store and had them deny you a price match?
I've done this a few times already, they don't check.

If you take that product page on your phone/tablet into BB or Staples you will have a $230 980 at your doorstep in 3 days. :cool:
Already a few people on Reddit confirming they price matched in-store; not surprising though.

If you've got some spare time or near a store, best to go and try! Worst thing that could happen is they say no.

My Best Buy gives me a hard time with price matching so I am not going to even bother with this one. Not worth arguing with them.

this doesnt even show up on microcenter.com's website..if they try to search it ?

Office depot/max also carries this exact model number on their website, might be worth a shot there. I have a microcenter an hour away, and I've pricematched at my best buy before for smaller items (they seem to understand not wanting to drive an hour). I get the feeling on a large price match like this they may not want be quite as understanding lol

How far are you from MC? I tried to get them to price match over the phone with instore pickup and they said they can't price match because I'm not within 25 miles of a microcenter.
If you have a MC in your state it's a really good chance they'll do it.
No MC in your state you might want to call first.

But it entirely depends on who is working the counter when you go in.
I'm in FL but the girls at my store are clueless.

Anyone live in MD Rockville area?

There is a BestBuy and Microcenter literally 5 minutes away from each other.

did the page say OOS when you asked to price match? Did you show them the page or did you print out the web page?

Wow, what a price mistake. I wonder what silly manager will allow it. I realize the OP lucked out on that (given the screenshot he posted). I guess I can give it a shot at my local Staples or BB tonight, even though the odds of it working are about 1 in a million.

I called a couple BB stores nearby to check stock. They both said the same thing. Market place item. Must be ordered through web from 3rd party.

Edit: Tried a third. Lady says stores do not carry market place items.

My local MC shows this card to be out of stock, so I don't think there's anyway a manager would allow the PM. Not to mention I don't know if I can ask him with a straight face to PM a $600 card to $237.

I tried 3 different staples this morning.

1st store: Nopeeee

2nd store: Lady said, It needs to be a store that I can walk into...lol whatever chunks.

3rd store: SO CLOSE! Dude was ready to create the invoice and he came back and told me that corporate told them they are not selling the card anymore. They're going to remove it from the website. Sounds like BULL**** to me. I think he was scared of how much of a price difference there was so he didn't want to chance it.

Going to try at a few more tomorrow.

I live by 3 Microcenter, 2 within 15 miles of me. No Staples or Best Buy would price match me. The one on MC is EVGA the one at Best Buy is NVIDIA. So the product numbers don't even match according to them. Staples says item must be in stock. Not sure how you were able to get Best Buy to price match on a different branded GPU.

I tried 3 different staples this morning.

1st store: Nopeeee

2nd store: Lady said, It needs to be a store that I can walk into...lol whatever chunks.

3rd store: SO CLOSE! Dude was ready to create the invoice and he came back and told me that corporate told them they are not selling the card anymore. They're going to remove it from the website. Sounds like BULL**** to me. I think he was scared of how much of a price difference there was so he didn't want to chance it.

Going to try at a few more tomorrow.

You're mad because #2 didn't honor an obvious mistake and then resort to calling her names? Grow up, dude. :rolleyes:

You're mad because #2 didn't honor an obvious mistake and then resort to calling her names? Grow up, dude. :rolleyes:

According to a mc employee it's not s price mistake, but a common pricing tactic at mc for products they're discontinuing and don't expect to carry again

just tried it at both stores, shit don't work...atleast not in california where you already had 6 people try to do this price-match deal since it was posted...this kinda deal only works in rural areas or in butt fuck egypt...

good try tho:p

going to give it a call on my way home from work. My local BB has one in stock. Just going to call though as there are no MCs in my state. You guys call the local store directly or the price match number, 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)?

Sorry, I left out the part where she was giving me attitude for no reason. All I asked was to get a price match.

going to give it a call on my way home from work. My local BB has one in stock. Just going to call though as there are no MCs in my state. You guys call the local store directly or the price match number, 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)?
Call directly to the store or just show up.
If you show up without calling then your odds are better since it puts them on the spot.

Never call the 1-888 number.

If you have a MC in your state it's a really good chance they'll do it.
No MC in your state you might want to call first.

But it entirely depends on who is working the counter when you go in.
I'm in FL but the girls at my store are clueless.

Bro, where in FL are you?

I'm in Orlando, there are a couple of BB's but on like opposite sides and some staples, was wondering where to give a shot.

Back