EVGA GTX 980 - $236.54 for Price Matching ONLY

While I didn't partake in any of this, if I had I wouldn't brag about it online. Nor would I give a shit if some random Internet guy get's his self-righteous panties in a wad about it.

While I didn't partake in any of this, if I had I wouldn't brag about it online. Nor would I give a shit if some random Internet guy get's his self-righteous panties in a wad about it.

I just enjoy being part of a community where people get called out for committing fraud. I mean, people flip their shit when someone's defrauded in For Sale / For Trade. But when it's in Hot Deals and we're harming a "big evil company," it's totally cool.

Calling people out on their bullshit makes for a better community... as opposed to sitting around circle jerking over how to screw MicroCenter over on a motherboard, for example.

I just enjoy being part of a community where people get called out for committing fraud. I mean, people flip their shit when someone's defrauded in For Sale / For Trade. But when it's in Hot Deals and we're harming a "big evil company," it's totally cool.

Calling people out on their bullshit makes for a better community... as opposed to sitting around circle jerking over how to screw MicroCenter over on a motherboard, for example.

I like communities where people compare this to armed robbery, complete scams in some cases ("people flip their shit when someone's defrauded in For Sale / For Trade") and at the same time defend corporations like they own one. These liberals would rather save a dog than feed a homeless person and they are here to talk some sense into you!

I like communities where people compare this to armed robbery, complete scams in some cases ("people flip their shit when someone's defrauded in For Sale / For Trade") and at the same time defend corporations like they own one. These liberals would rather save a dog than feed a homeless person and they are here to talk some sense into you!

I'd definitely rather save a dog than some human beings and those people have homes.

I'd definitely rather save a dog than some human beings and those people have homes.

Yeah I knew it. I was not talking about beggars but actual homeless people, shit even some people with roofs over their heads can't afford to eat 3 meals a day but they are far to proud to beg for anything. Go save the doges they need us just like we need people that don't care about individuals telling us how price-matching a corporation is the worst sin imaginable.

Fraudsters really get angry when you point them out.

It's amazing how they try and make you feel guilty like you're the wrongdoer.

Classic. I think it goes back as far as human history has written about scammers.

I can't afford $1600 in cards, but $600 was definitely within my reach to get everyone current.

That one actually made me lol. It's a crying shame that in the Land of the Free, people can't afford GTX 980s for their needy families. They have to resort to underhanded, illegal tactics to get them. Guy's basically Jean Valjean over here.

That one actually made me lol. It's a crying shame that in the Land of the Free, people can't afford GTX 980s for their needy families. They have to resort to underhanded, illegal tactics to get them. Guy's basically Jean Valjean over here.

Glad I could make you laugh. :) No skin off my back, and I have a very happy gaming family right now.

Oh wait... "Nooo! A random internet moral compass says I'm a bad man! I am shamed for nailing a deal on the web! I shall submit myself to the local consulate for reprimanding, for I am a horrible person." There, your crusade is now complete!

Silly debates aside, anyone else score a 980 for the cheap using the MC PM? After the Staples experience, I never even bothered at BB.

Silly debates aside, anyone else score a 980 for the cheap using the MC PM? After the Staples experience, I never even bothered at BB.
Someone on Reddit started calling BB's across the country and eventually got a price match at a store over the phone in Massachusetts (I won't be more specific). Some people are just desperate.
Since I'm subbed to all these discussions on multiple forums, I've seen several people price match this deal up to yesterday, including BB and OfficeMax.

The price match deal is still live.

Someone on Reddit started calling BB's across the country and eventually got a price match at a store over the phone in Massachusetts (I won't be more specific). Some people are just desperate.
Since I'm subbed to all these discussions on multiple forums, I've seen several people price match this deal up to yesterday, including BB and OfficeMax.

The price match deal is still live.

Wow! That's incredible. I'm guessing Ebay will get flooded with part # 2982 video cards? I'll have to check eventually. Or maybe the stores are PM'ing to another 980, like part # 2983? (My Staples wouldn't.)

I guess by "silly debate" you mean how people disagree with you for trying to steal from Best Buy and Staples. Doesn't seem "silly" to me. In PA, this could easily be a $200+ retail theft charge and that's a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 5 years in prison depending on previous criminal history.

I guess by "silly debate" you mean how people disagree with you for trying to steal from Best Buy and Staples. Doesn't seem "silly" to me. In PA, this could easily be a $200+ retail theft charge and that's a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 5 years in prison depending on previous criminal history.

Except it isn't theft. Who's fault is it if the people at the stores don't check stock numbers? You can be all high and mighty all you want, but it doesn't mean anything.

Except it isn't theft. Who's fault is it if the people at the stores don't check stock numbers? You can be all high and mighty all you want, but it doesn't mean anything.

If by high and mighty you mean, not partaking in retail theft, then yes, it does mean something. The difference is you're a thief, and I'm not. It might not mean anything to you, but it does to me.

Close this damn thread already. I keep seeing it being bumped hoping to see some useful updates, but instead it's just a bunch of moral debate.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed already because this is so unethical. I really am. This isn't a hot deal, it's a hot fraud. The argument being made is similar to "I stole some candy from the store, but it's the attendants fault because they weren't attentive enough. It's also the store's fault because they didn't set up enough cameras."

Even attempting to justify the action in some way is a sign that you know it's not right on some level.

This has apparently already gotten to upper management so at this point they've sent something out about it. This might affect corporate strategy of these companies with regards to consumers in the future.

Leave the fraudsters alone! They are doing nothing wrong. When there homes get robbed & they go running into the General Mayhem section of these forums crying that they were wronged, just remember, they never did anything wrong themselves. :D #Karma

Back