EVGA GTX 950 FTW Review

"EVGA will have this SKU for sale on launch day at $179"

The 950 FTW costs the same or more than what you can get a 960 for after rebate. Plus the 960 will come with Metal Gear Solid V that can easily be sold for 30-35 bucks at the moment making nearly every 2GB 960 cheaper than the 950 FTW. Heck when factoring in rebate and selling the game, there are even some 4 GB 960 cards for cheaper than the 950 FTW.

Review I seen shows it's barely slower then the 960 but a good $50+ cheaper thus a good value.
Apparently it can handle most 1080 games, newer games the eye candy does need turned down.

Still can't find any info if Nvidia will release a 960 Ti before the end of the year.

If any Ti is too close to the 970 it's probably pointless.

Review I seen shows it's barely slower then the 960 but a good $50+ cheaper thus a good value.
Apparently it can handle most 1080 games, newer games the eye candy does need turned down.

Still can't find any info if Nvidia will release a 960 Ti before the end of the year.

If any Ti is too close to the 970 it's probably pointless.
Did you even read anything I just said? :rolleyes:

This card is highly oced so of course its not far from stock 960. AGAIN this card is 179 bucks though and you can get a 960 for CHEAPER just after rebate and much cheaper after selling the included game. AGAIN even some 4 GB 960 cards can be had for cheaper than the 950 FTW after doing rebate and selling game. Please don't be an ignorant consumer when the facts are right in front of you.

It's odd that the 750 Ti got marked down so much the past month even though this card does not seem to be priced to target the same consumer group.

Did you even read anything I just said? :rolleyes:

This card is highly oced so of course its not far from stock 960. AGAIN this card is 179 bucks though and you can get a 960 for CHEAPER just after rebate and much cheaper after selling the included game. AGAIN even some 4 GB 960 cards can be had for cheaper than the 950 FTW after doing rebate and selling game. Please don't be an ignorant consumer when the facts are right in front of you.

I just looked around and don't see any 960's for less then $200.
You also can't rely on MIR in the cost factor, they are a bonus if you get them.

You also can't rely on MIR in the cost factor, they are a bonus if you get them.
So still being obtuse? :rolleyes:

Several 960 models on there for right at 200 bucks and ALL 960 cards come with MSG 5 which can be sold for at least 30 bucks. That alone would make a 960 slightly CHEAPER than the FTW 950 without even factoring in the MIR. And I have always gotten every MIR that I have submitted.

You didn't look very hard then :rolleyes:

Zotac - $185

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1&cm_re=nvidia_gtx_960-_-14-500-371-_-Product

Gigabyte - $180

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2&cm_re=nvidia_gtx_960-_-14-125-772-_-Product

EVGA - $195 + rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3&cm_re=nvidia_gtx_960-_-14-487-093-_-Product

All three come with MGS. And all will be significantly faster than the 950 when you overclock them.

Zotac is not even in option.......
The Gigabyte version is the mini
EVGA, yeah WITH the rebate which can't be factored in.

Why would Nvidia price their 950 so close to the 960 to cannibalism their own sales?

Zotac is not even in option.......
The Gigabyte version is the mini
EVGA, yeah WITH the rebate which can't be factored in.

Why would Nvidia price their 950 so close to the 960 to cannibalism their own sales?
You live in your own special world with one excuse after the other. You are the one that said the 950 FTW was 50 bucks cheaper than a 960. That is BS as most 960 2GB cards are under 30 bucks more even before you factor in the free game and rebate if they have one. Bottom line is that nearly every 960 2GB on Newegg is the same price or CHEAPER than the 950 FTW just by selling the MGS 5 game. With rebates, EVERY 960 2GB on there and even some 4GB models are cheaper than the 950 FTW after selling the game.

Because they make less on the GTX 950 sale.

Think about it: you have to sell the same card with the same amount of memory and a cut-down GPU for $40 less than the non-cut version. And this is in the $200 or less region, where each product is very cost-sensitive.

Do you REALLY think Nvidia will drop the price a whole $40 for a cut-down GPU that has 80% of the performance? No, of course they won't. So the OEM has to bear the cost, and they smartly offer "premium-priced" models way above the "stock" price.

So, most of these cards use custom PCBs and custom coolers separate from the GTX 960 line, to reduce costs. They also serve as the reason to get the GTX 960: why pay less when you can get more? Once you're committed to spending $170 or $180, the next jump up seems tiny by comparison.

And some of those idiots might jump even higher, to premium-priced 4GB GTX 960 boards (these use 8Gb GDDR5 chips)! So if the GTX 950 sells reasonably well, and it renews interest in the GTX 960, then it's done it's job :D

Last edited:
You live in your own special world with one excuse after the other. You are the one that said the 950 FTW was 50 bucks cheaper than a 960. That is BS as most 960 2GB cards are under 30 bucks more even before you factor in the free game and rebate if they have one. Bottom line is that nearly every 960 2GB on Newegg is the same price or CHEAPER than the 950 FTW just by selling the MGS 5 game. With rebates, EVERY 960 2GB on there and even some 4GB models are cheaper than the 950 FTW after selling the game.

So maybe 50 bucks was a bit too wide, I'm not going to make a huge deal about it.
I just looked and the cheapest 950 is $160 and the 960 is $180

One would ask, for another 20 bucks why not go with the more powerful 960?

Back