EVGA GTX 760 absolutely fantastic!!

cantoncobaltsssc

Limp Gawd
I bought EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked card almost 2 weeks ago. It has totally transformed my PC gaming experience. I was gaming on at Gigabyte GTX 660 OC for the longest time and it was a very capable card but still not able to play all my games Maxxed or Ultra settings 1080p 60fps. I can now say that I am playing all my games in the splendor they were intended. I have no regrets it runs amazingly cool, it runs Crysis 3 like I've never seen before. Bring on the Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4.

Hard to believe there is that much of a difference between the 660 and 760 non-Ti cards.....

I think in the Anandtech review it says Crysis 3 really benefits from the faster 256 bit bus of the 760.

It def seems to be giving me decent performance upgrade from the Gigabyte GTX 660 OC that was 192 bit memory vs 256. I'm really happy with it. Plus it has the 1,152 cuda cores and 192 gig second memory bandwidth due to 256 bit memory.

I know exactly what youre talking about. I got my card like 2 days ago.

I keep getting killed in all my games cause I just want to walk around and look at things. The waterfalls in Skyrim are so excellent. Now to go and find all the games I think Ive seen and played and now really to see and play them.

Oh yea Serious Sam 3 amazing.

I keep getting killed in all my games cause I just want to walk around and look at things. The waterfalls in Skyrim are so excellent. Now to go and find all the games I think Ive seen and played and now really to see and play them.

Oh yea Serious Sam 3 amazing.

Serious Sam 3 is a pretty light game graphically compared to some of the stuff that's out there. I'm no expert on the subject, but Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider look much better than Serious Sam 3. Tomb Raider is also pretty good for wandering around and looking at stuff. It has some surprise fast action, but it always auto-saves before anything significant happens.

I bought EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked card almost 2 weeks ago. It has totally transformed my PC gaming experience. I was gaming on at Gigabyte GTX 660 OC for the longest time and it was a very capable card but still not able to play all my games Maxxed or Ultra settings 1080p 60fps. I can now say that I am playing all my games in the splendor they were intended. I have no regrets it runs amazingly cool, it runs Crysis 3 like I've never seen before. Bring on the Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4.
you cant even come close to maxing all demanding games and getting 60 fps with a gtx760. and overall a 760 is about 25% faster than a 660 so its not as dramatic of an increase as you are making it out to be.

you cant even come close to maxing all demanding games and getting 60 fps with a gtx760. and overall a 760 is about 25% faster than a 660 so its not as dramatic of an increase as you are making it out to be.

Eh, It could. From ~35 to ~43 is extremely noticeable, IMO.

Eh, It could. From ~35 to ~43 is extremely noticeable, IMO.
yes but most people want way more when upgrading. and the main point here is his wording indicates that its a massive increase and lets him play all games maxed at 60 fps. of course we know thats not true.

I laughed when I saw this thread title. I wanted to post the exact same thing! I am so so happy with my gtx 760! I recently upgraded my gtx 580 to a single gtx 760 and now 760 sli. Such a nice upgrade and amazing performance. Specially gpu boost 2.0, great stable feature.

Serious Sam 3 is a pretty light game graphically compared to some of the stuff that's out there.

If you go into the settings and change it from ultra to even more its the MOST demanding game ever. more than FC3/ crysis 3, metro, or whatever else.

this is coming from a guy with a 1240mhz gtx 780. could see 20-30fps at times.

I really have seen a big boost in all the games I've tried so far of course Crysis 3 isn't locked at 60fps that's silly but everything else I've played I keep the Adaptive Vsync on and I never see a drop below 60 ever. I want to have the SLI 760 upgrade path next year so I gave the wife my 660 she needed something a little quieter than the 550 ti she was running that little sucker couldn't even run 3d screensavers without sounding like a little hair dryer.

Serious Sam 3 is a pretty light game graphically compared to some of the stuff that's out there. I'm no expert on the subject, but Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider look much better than Serious Sam 3. Tomb Raider is also pretty good for wandering around and looking at stuff. It has some surprise fast action, but it always auto-saves before anything significant happens.

Good to know, thanks for the information. Might have to go and get FC3 and Tomb Raider. Especially if they look better than Sam 3.

Wow wonder what those Batman games look like :)

I really have seen a big boost in all the games I've tried so far of course Crysis 3 isn't locked at 60fps that's silly but everything else I've played I keep the Adaptive Vsync on and I never see a drop below 60 ever. I want to have the SLI 760 upgrade path next year so I gave the wife my 660 she needed something a little quieter than the 550 ti she was running that little sucker couldn't even run 3d screensavers without sounding like a little hair dryer.
there are still plenty of other games were you can't stay at 60 frames per second on full max settings. I do really like the 760 though as it's really a good card for the money.

Well, I got one question answered tonight. Skyrim with hirez textures uses 1266gb of video memory. No wonder my poor 560 was sighing. One nice thing is my temp never went over 56.0C

why didn't you sli that 660 instead?

Because he didn't want his office / bedroom / wherever turning into a thermonuclear oven?
Because he is like me and doesn't like SLI and the quirks that come with it?
Because his case might not have room and airflow for stacked cards?

I can think of a million reasons I'd rather have a single card than SLI.

Because he didn't want his office / bedroom / wherever turning into a thermonuclear oven?
Because he is like me and doesn't like SLI and the quirks that come with it?
Because his case might not have room and airflow for stacked cards?

I can think of a million reasons I'd rather have a single card than SLI.
lol 660ti sli would use about 100 watts more than a single 760 and that's only in a handful of games that will actually push the second gpu to near full load. but yeah I agree overall and I would not want to ever fool with sli or crossfire either as I like to keep potential issues to a minimum.

Maybe it's time to retire my 460 sli. The single card was great with Borderlands 1 but Borderlands 2 has no problem bogging down the framerate even after the 2nd card was added. I'm jealous.

Getting a little carried away, aren't you? ;)

That's a little more realistic. That first post looks more like marketing speak.

Maybe it's time to retire my 460 sli. The single card was great with Borderlands 1 but Borderlands 2 has no problem bogging down the framerate even after the 2nd card was added. I'm jealous.

eh, my 460 sli build is still one of my favorites.

lol 660ti sli would use about 100 watts more than a single 760 and that's only in a handful of games that will actually push the second gpu to near full load. but yeah I agree overall and I would not want to ever fool with sli or crossfire either as I like to keep potential issues to a minimum.

I was afraid to go SLI as well, because of all the bs that's going around about it. Now that I have had a 660GTX SLI setup for about six months. I can see how stupid I was that I didn't use an SLI setup before. There are zero problems with it, at least not any more than with a single card setup. And I got the two 660 GTX cards for less than what a 670GTX cost at the time. And it blows away even OC-ed 680GTX setups.

A 760GTX is just about on par with the 670, so getting a second 660 would've made a much bigger difference performance wise.

I was afraid to go SLI as well, because of all the bs that's going around about it. Now that I have had a 660GTX SLI setup for about six months. I can see how stupid I was that I didn't use an SLI setup before. There are zero problems with it, at least not any more than with a single card setup. And I got the two 660 GTX cards for less than what a 670GTX cost at the time. And it blows away even OC-ed 680GTX setups.

A 760GTX is just about on par with the 670, so getting a second 660 would've made a much bigger difference performance wise.
sorry but it is fact that there are more issues with sli setup. claiming zero problems is about as silly as those that claim to have never had a driver issue ever.

sorry but it is fact that there are more issues with sli setup. claiming zero problems is about as silly as those that claim to have never had a driver issue ever.

I'm claiming zero issues because I have had zero issues. I'm not saying nobody ever had an issue with an SLI setup somewhere before. But you can say the same thing about anything.I bet someone is having a heart attack right at this very moment. That doesn't mean I'll have one. And I have a heart I promise you.

BTW it's interesting to see that the people speaking out against SLI are the ones who don't have one. But I'm sure you have had tons of experience with SLI setups recently. Since casting judgement based on experiences with previous generations of cards wouldn't be clever would it?

I'm claiming zero issues because I have had zero issues. I'm not saying nobody ever had an issue with an SLI setup somewhere before. But you can say the same thing about anything.I bet someone is having a heart attack right at this very moment. That doesn't mean I'll have one. And I have a heart I promise you.

BTW it's interesting to see that the people speaking out against SLI are the ones who don't have one. But I'm sure you have had tons of experience with SLI setups recently. Since casting judgement based on experiences with previous generations of cards wouldn't be clever would it?
lol I am not casting judgment. AGAIN its a FACT that multi gpu setups will have more issues than a single card. but please enjoy your 100% trouble free experience.

lol I am not casting judgment. AGAIN its a FACT that multi gpu setups will have more issues than a single card. but please enjoy your 100% trouble free experience.

I think a lot people have old tainted views on xfire and sli. It's definitely come a long way and had many hurdles. Today sli is different. Scales better and has a better overall experience than it once did. I used to be biased towards multi card set ups but after taking the plunge into sli, I'm pleased to announce a perfect trouble free experience.....Titan performance for 500 is hard to beat (sli 760). And before people point out, I have no upgrade path... when a Titan/780 performing setup isn't up to par, I wouldn't want to double up an old card anyway. I would want that years new architecture.

IMore and more games support sli. (Almost.all)

Back