EVGA GTX 690 Pre-Order up at Amazon

xoleras

2[H]4U
temporarily out of stock actually -is- a pre-order. Amazon.com does this with items that sell quickly - they will put a temporarily out of stock page up, and if you order they will ship it ASAP.

I ordered a galaxy GTX 680 4gb this way and it shipped out 2 days later. The average turn around time for pre-order items is 1 week from what i've heard, but they will ship it.

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Pre-order time for the EVGA GTX 690 may be several weeks though unless EVGA has a big shipment of them coming soon. I placed an order for one at Amazon the first time they were available back around the first of the month and it still hasn't shipped yet.

xoleras

2[H]4U
Ah, I see. I've pre ordered several items there that shipped within a few days, I guess the 690 is a super high demand item though.

It can't hurt though. They do not charge until they ship.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Looks like the option is gone now.

EDIT: Also, the reason I said it wasn't a pre-order is because Amazon was selling some of these before so it's more like an "out of stock, we'll ship it when we get it in" than a "pre-order". Pre-order implies it hasn't been released yet and you will get it when it is.

Laffles

Gawd
look at these douchebags lol:

xzb3

xoleras

2[H]4U
Looks like the option is gone now.

EDIT: Also, the reason I said it wasn't a pre-order is because Amazon was selling some of these before so it's more like an "out of stock, we'll ship it when we get it in" than a "pre-order". Pre-order implies it hasn't been released yet and you will get it when it is.

From talking to their CS amazon.com has a very sophisticated supply chain and they get specific amounts of SKU's - and for high demand items they will put it up as a "temporarily out of stock" a few days before they receive the shipment (again, they have a sophisticated and precise supply chain) and they will ship it out as soon as they get it in.

I've ordered a -bunch- of items this way and they always shipped within a week, always..... I'm not saying this will happen in this case with the 690 - looks like they took it down anyway. Oh well :cool: