EVGA GTX 690 is live on Newegg

Blah, I could really care less about the 690. In fact, I have a dislike for all dual GPU cards. I think they are gimmicks. Every dual gpu cards up until the GTX 690 had been plagued with microstuttering, something that I'm so sensitive of that I can even see it in Youtube videos (especially side by side comparisons with single GPU cards). Though the 690 is supposed to be better, another Youtube video showing it running the Metro benchmark once again disappointed me with stutters all over the place.

Just give me a 680 with 4GB and I will be happy.

Uhm, how can you even tell microstutter from a YouTube video when it plays all videos at 30fps? If you're running lower than 30 fps, you're just stuttering, not microstuttering. Almost all the youtube videos I see describing "microstutter" is actually just regular stuttering from low frame rates, period.

FYI Newegg is issuing 200 dollar gift cards to customers that paid the original 1200 dollar price.

That's nice of them...but I'm sure they're doing it only because they want to avoid more PR issues. Until people notice it is a gift card towards a future purchase and it'll probably expire in a year :D. So NewEgg still gets to keep the money and reinvest it at least for now, and they probably get to write it off as a loss since its a PR move.

FYI Newegg is issuing 200 dollar gift cards to customers that paid the original 1200 dollar price.

Good to hear. I would be mega-pissed if I had gotten one at that price otherwise. :p

I guess with this and the lowered of the price to MSRP they are pretty much admitting they fucked up, right? At least on a PR level. Funny thing is how many people were in here defending them...

Back