EVGA GTX 690 is live on Newegg

I promise you newegg lost some big money customers with this move.

Riiiiiiight ... like pricing a single low-volume product 20% high is going to put a f'n dent in NE sales. They'd probably be happy to see a few raging customers take their business elsewhere anyways.

So NewEgg's charging market value for a card that is low supply high demand and people don't like it? :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sure if you were sitting on a crate of 20 GTX 690's you'd be selling them for $800 just to feel happy about yourselves, wouldn't you? :rolleyes: Didn't think so.

If you actually buy anything blindly from NewEgg or any retailer or etailer for that matter without doing price comparisons at at least 1 other store before you actually check out - then you look even more foolish. I can join the "oh I've spent x amount of dollars at NewEgg" tirade but who cares. I also check prices elsewhere and buy at the place that has the lowest price. I've spent plenty at NewEgg and I've also spent plenty at Microcenter and Amazon too.

I remember paying $250 for a damn 8800GT when they launched at NewEgg even though that was, what....$50 above MSRP? I wanted the card, I didn't give a crap that it wasn't MSRP. :rolleyes:

Riiiiiiight ... like pricing a single low-volume product 20% high is going to put a f'n dent in NE sales. They'd probably be happy to see a few raging customers take their business elsewhere anyways.

The 690 customer I assure you drops big money all year on computer parts. They aren't just buying a 690 and that's it. They lost a lot of my money.

WOW just WOW. I wanna know the people that actually bought this. I bet some people bought two, lol. Just to QUAD-Li with it. LOL

The 690 customer I assure you drops big money all year on computer parts. They aren't just buying a 690 and that's it. They lost a lot of my money.

Volume, my friend. A few high end shoppers are a very tiny slice of the market.

Newegg price gouging on a low volume high demand card on launch day? WELL I NEVER! :rolleyes:

PS. If you're so principled then stop shopping at any store that's ever charged higher than MSRP. Oh wait you can't, because every single retailer has charged above MSRP at some point.

So would computer graphics look any better with this thing or is it just for Framerate?

You know what I think? All these folks saying "sour grapes" insisting that its OK that Newegg gouge prices for the 690 AREN'T the ones trying too buy one. Instead, they are likely the ones complaining that $1000 was way too much money for them to begin with. So instead of agreeing that Newegg is in the wrong they opt to troll this forum... Nice...

On the supply and demand side, we see the same thing in regards to the 680. Very low stock yet there seems to be a surplus of fleabay type vendors selling them for 650 to 700. Yes there are some that will pay that premium but most of us won't because we know that eventually a vendor will produce more at a fair price, like say MSRP.

Essentially, by putting its own 20% markup on the 690 Newegg is outright acknowledging that their limited supply is likely going to fleabay fucktards and not giving any of us normal joes the incentive to purchase one from them. The point EVERYONE with half a brain is making is that we, as a high-end group of consumers, need to vote with our wallets in the face of such blatant disregard. If Newegg wants to do this, FINE! I still have Amazon, Tiger, or the ability to order from the manufacturer directly.

The vendors that opt to not gouge prices get my business, and hopefully yours for all future purchases.

WOW just WOW. I wanna know the people that actually bought this. I bet some people bought two, lol. Just to QUAD-Li with it. LOL

Mostly ebay scalpers i'm guessing? Some of them are defending the pricing i'm guessing.

I am in awe of nvidia's marketing for pulling this off.

This is starting to edge on apple scale marketing.

Time to cancel my Newegg membership and go look for another supplier. Built my last 4 computers with parts from them totaling a bit over 10K. Guess I'm going to have to get a second gtx680 afterall. Not from Newegg though.

With that mentality, better stop buying intel processors too. $1000 for an extreme processor that cost them $30 to make.

You know what I think? All these folks saying "sour grapes" insisting that its OK that Newegg gouge prices for the 690 AREN'T the ones trying too buy one. Instead, they are likely the ones complaining that $1000 was way too much money for them to begin with. So instead of agreeing that Newegg is in the wrong they opt to troll this forum... Nice...

On the supply and demand side, we see the same thing in regards to the 680. Very low stock yet there seems to be a surplus of fleabay type vendors selling them for 650 to 700. Yes there are some that will pay that premium but most of us won't because we know that eventually a vendor will produce more at a fair price, like say MSRP.

Essentially, by putting its own 20% markup on the 690 Newegg is outright acknowledging that their limited supply is likely going to fleabay fucktards and not giving any of us normal joes the incentive to purchase one from them. The point EVERYONE with half a brain is making is that we, as a high-end group of consumers, need to vote with our wallets in the face of such blatant disregard. If Newegg wants to do this, FINE! I still have Amazon, Tiger, or the ability to order from the manufacturer directly.

The vendors that opt to not gouge prices get my business, and hopefully yours for all future purchases.

Newegg sold out, that means the price was to low! You run a business to maximize profit, not to break even. If you don't like it then blame Nvidia for not forcing MSRP from its vendors. I do agree you should vote with your wallets, but i dont see any reason to be upset at newegg for running a successful business.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Newegg what the hell man seriously!?!? $7.87 for shipping? That's OUTRAGEOUS! I won't stand for it! No way are they taking my money!

These are going to be OOS for months. Nvidia can't even keep the 680 in stock. If companies are getting this in 10-20 at a time, every two weeks, they won't be permanently in stock for a long time.

Also, these cards are going for $1800-$2000 on eBay.

So would computer graphics look any better with this thing or is it just for Framerate?

Just framerate. All directx 11 Video cards are able to produce very high quality scenes, the difference is wether the playback is smooth or a slide show. In my opinion a single 7950,7970,680 is plenty for single monitor gaming.

Just framerate. All directx 11 Video cards are able to produce very high quality scenes, the difference is wether the playback is smooth or a slide show. In my opinion a single 7950,7970,680 is plenty for single monitor gaming.

But in a world of excess, go big or go home.

I'm waiting for EVGAs QUAD-SLI Classified box.

2 x 590 $1400

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All of the complaining and doom and gloom in this thread is shameful.

"I'm done with newegg"

"I can't believe they are doing this"

Deal with it. You won't stop buying from NewEgg, and complaining that they overcharge on a part that really only <50 people have bought is just sensationalism.

Ima shop over at that place that only charges me $7.86 for shipping. F*** Newegg's outrageous shipping prices!!!!!!!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So much fail in this thread.

Everyone complaining would magically change their tune if they were able to snag one and then sell it 24 hours later for $2000 dollars.

Fact: new egg doesn't owe you anything
Fact: prices are set by what the market will bear, not by what you think it should be
Fact: an item regardless of cost to produce or value is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Do these things mean the opposite holds true? Most of us have sold things here on the forum, or online. We sell it based on what someone will pay not what we think it's worth. Something you think is worth $1000 dollars might not be worth more than 500 dollars to ANYONE else in the world. If you really want to move it you accept the 500 and move on.

Anyone who says it's price gouging should take a hard long look at the B.S. in Econ on my wall from A&M. I doubt anyone is going to come to physical illness for not having a GTX690. Does this mean when I walk into a best buy and see a monster HDMI cable marked up 500% I should call 911? or get on [H]ardForum and create bitch threads? No, I laugh and order the same thing online for $5 elsewhere. What about a car dealer who slaps on "market adjusted value" over the MSRP? Instead of getting all butthurt I laugh and either find another dealer or simply wait.

Part of me even takes a hardline approach to the gouging scenario even in the wake of a hurricane, if I was smart enough to stockpile water for an emergency, I don't feel I should be under any obligation to let my PRIVATE property go to strangers that didn't have the foresight to stockpile it without some sort of premium. If I'm under no obligation to sell my water to you, then if you are willing to pay less than the other guy, why the hell should I give it away when there is a willing person down the road?

The sad state of this country is entitled little bastards like I'm seeing in this thread thing thinks the world owes them something "Just because they are here". The sad fact is the world is a cruel and hard place, and it's been proven by science that the world does not, in fact, revolve around you. it's shocking to me that in this day and age needs vs. wants are so improperly skewed. How a family living in a hurricane prone area would choose to spend $2000 dollars on rims and tires for their car, instead of taking 1/5th of that money and dedicating it to food/water/supplies thus eliminating things like price gouging, rioting, theft, and even death.

I an sitting this one out. I have two gtx 580's 3gb models. Wait a bit till there is more prices will be at 999 where they should be.

Having owned several "dual gpu single cards" from AMD & Nvidia I don't see what all the hub bub is about for this card. What you gain in GPU power you loose in micro-stutter & multi-gpu lag.

As an owner of a single card 7970 rig and single card 680gtx rig I can honestly tell you that a one gpu solution with a few graphical settings turned down is way better than any two gpu solution any day of the week!

You can here those credit cards swiping...

and at the end of the month when it's time to pay, it's tears they're wiping.

I an sitting this one out. I have two gtx 580's 3gb models. Wait a bit till there is more prices will be at 999 where they should be.

Just buy direct from EVGA.

Everyone complaining would magically change their tune if they were able to snag one and then sell it 24 hours later for $2000 dollars.

Fact: prices are set by what the market will bear, not by what you think it should be
Fact: an item regardless of cost to produce or value is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Do these things mean the opposite holds true? Most of us have sold things here on the forum, or online. We sell it based on what someone will pay not what we think it's worth. Something you think is worth $1000 dollars might not be worth more than 500 dollars to ANYONE else in the world. If you really want to move it you accept the 500 and move on.

Anyone who says it's price gouging should take a hard long look at the B.S. in Econ on my wall from A&M. I doubt anyone is going to come to physical illness for not having a GTX690. Does this mean when I walk into a best buy and see a monster HDMI cable marked up 500% I should call 911? or get on [H]ardForum and create bitch threads? No, I laugh and order the same thing online for $5 elsewhere. What about a car dealer who slaps on "market adjusted value" over the MSRP? Instead of getting all butthurt I laugh and either find another dealer or simply wait.

Part of me even takes a hardline approach to the gouging scenario even in the wake of a hurricane, if I was smart enough to stockpile water for an emergency, I don't feel I should be under any obligation to let my PRIVATE property go to strangers that didn't have the foresight to stockpile it without some sort of premium. If I'm under no obligation to sell my water to you, then if you are willing to pay less than the other guy, why the hell should I give it away when there is a willing person down the road?

The sad state of this country is entitled little bastards like I'm seeing in this thread thing thinks the world owes them something "Just because they are here". The sad fact is the world is a cruel and hard place, and it's been proven by science that the world does not, in fact, revolve around you. it's shocking to me that in this day and age needs vs. wants are so improperly skewed. How a family living in a hurricane prone area would choose to spend $2000 dollars on rims and tires for their car, instead of taking 1/5th of that money and dedicating it to food/water/supplies thus eliminating things like price gouging, rioting, theft, and even death.

Thank GOD, there is someone in this thread with half a brain!

All these little whiners are really getting on my nerves. Why do you think that $80 HDMI cable @ best buy doesnt sell? Because you can buy them cheaper elsewhere! Can you buy a 690 at MSRP and incredible stock elsewhere? No, I didn't think so. These could have been listed for $1500 and sold just as fast. WHY? Because someone out there is willing to pay for it - and that is what their market value would be. IF someone out there would be willing to pay $50,000 for it, then guess what, THAT WOULD BE ITS VALUE - msrp has nothing to do with it.

There are 3.1 million millionaires in the United States alone.

You guys really find it hard to believe that 10-20 people could afford this?

For a person living off a sub 100k$ income supporting a family, the price may seem unreasonable. But don't kid yourself into believe everyone is dealing with similar circumstance.

QFT

There are 3.1 million millionaires in the United States alone.

You guys really find it hard to believe that 10-20 people could afford this?

For a person living off a sub 100k$ income supporting a family, the price may seem unreasonable. But don't kid yourself into believe everyone is dealing with similar circumstance.

The rich aren't going to camp the sites to snag one for speculating, they're going to simply buy one later at a markup, because the hours of time they would waste camping it would be worth far more than the markup itself, which to them is irrelevant when you have that kind of money. The rich did not snap up the available stock. The speculators did to profit off the impatient rich.

I was planning in getting one of these for my build for the last 6 months when they announced the price I was pretty bummed out, and now the limited supply is even more depressing.

Guess I'll wait for the 7XX series.

I was planning in getting one of these for my build for the last 6 months when they announced the price I was pretty bummed out, and now the limited supply is even more depressing.

Guess I'll wait for the 7XX series.

Because the 790 will be even easier to find???

Because some of us expected more from NewEgg? What difference does it make to you?

That was your silly mistake, anyone who has followed Newegg for any length of time would have known better. It makes absolutely no difference to me, I am simply fascinated by the naivety and ignorance in this thread.

That was your silly mistake, anyone who has followed Newegg for any length of time would have known better. It makes absolutely no difference to me, I am simply fascinated by the naivety and ignorance in this thread.

I don't think it was totally unexpected, but it's retarded to call people "ignorant" for having a different opinion on the price than you.

I never understand these forums. Will I buy a 690 for $1200 from newegg? No. Will I buy another item that is priced more cheaply than their competitors? Yes.

When you think about it, Newegg's prices for 690's is extremely fair, considering other sellers are selling them for 100% markup.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse. My only problem is that my taxes probably went to someone on welfare to buy this.

I would get one in a heartbeat but i have to pay my deductible to repair the roof on my house :X

I don't think it was totally unexpected, but it's retarded to call people "ignorant" for having a different opinion on the price than you.

There's no other word for the responses people have had to what are market forces. It's like whining about gravity.

Back