EVGA GTX 690 is live on Newegg

Screw it. Can't beat em, join em, i'll have to fleece some of these on ebay for mad profits :eek:

Stock checking programs activated ;)

I actually thought it was against TOS to gouge on shipping on eBay. I recall people getting in trouble for that because it avoids fees.

I actually thought it was against TOS to gouge on shipping on eBay. I recall people getting in trouble for that because it avoids fees.

It is against the terms. Not to mention eBay and PayPal will probably help themselves to whatever profit you would have made with those really high final value fees and CC transaction fees.

I got a kick out of seeing both of these responses on the same page.

Except I'm not serious (I'll have to find the link where nVidia or eVGA did ship a 690 in a wooden crate to a reviewer). NewEgg has a right to make money. I have a right to not buy a card from them. I've seen a lot of bone headed moves from NewEgg in the last year that really have me wondering if they really care about customers.

Last edited:
Ebay caught on to the practice and now charges the same percentage fee on shipping as they do final item price.

Ebay caught on to the practice and now charges the same percentage fee on shipping as they do final item price.

So long as they don't block your charging enough extra on shipping to cover the percentage taken. Otherwise what I've read that eBay screws you on shipping is true.

Maybe it's because I can't hear the tone -- but it sounds like you just called me 'broke bastard' in so many words?

Yeah no sorry, was just trying to say it's crazy to say you would pay an additional $200.

I'm the broke bastard, after buying a 690. :(

Yeah no sorry, was just trying to say it's crazy to say you would pay an additional $200.

I'm the broke bastard, after buying a 690. :(

Ooooo! Well one thing is for sure, once you crack open the anti-static bag and that amazing and delicious smell of new electronics hits you, it will be worth it.

Side note: the only smell better than new car? new electronics :)

Random thought on the 690 - the clear plastic windows covering the bad ass heat sinks? It would be an incredible design move if they are actually removable (with a torx screwdriver it looks like) just so you'd be able to REALLY get into the heat sink and clean it out from time to time. I know it's always frustrated me to no end how much of a bitch it was to clean out (and know it was cleaned out) the blower style fans/heat sinks on past GPUs.

yeah they take their percentage out of the final price + shipping combined now. took them a very long time to catch on but they finally changed it i think a year ago.

NewEgg can go fuck themselves. They're starting to delete posts complaining about the $200 price mark up on their support forum as well as their Facebook page. I guess they don't want people telling their blindly loyal customers that a $200 price gouge is in effect.

I think I'm just about done buying big ticket items from NewEgg after my most recent experiences with them. Next PC I build? They can get the order for the SATA cables.

so for all the complainers.. if its a 200 markup, where can you get it for 200 less?

eVGA's website, for one, when it is in stock. It just bothers me that they're starting to resort to those kinds of tactics.

NewEgg can go fuck themselves. They're starting to delete posts complaining about the $200 price mark up on their support forum as well as their Facebook page. I guess they don't want people telling their blindly loyal customers that a $200 price gouge is in effect.

I think I'm just about done buying big ticket items from NewEgg after my most recent experiences with them. Next PC I build? They can get the order for the SATA cables.

Ok, they can price gouge all they want but deleting posts about the gouging = dick move.

Ok, they can price gouge all they want but deleting posts about the gouging = dick move.

Bingo. They have a right to try and make money. I have a right to not shop there. Simple as that :D. Sadly I bought a GTX 680 from them but I actually didn't have a choice (research paper was due within the month and they had stock). Wouldn't have bought it had there been more than a $10-20 price gouge. $200 on a $999 card is ridiculous but that's their choice.

Hey! I thought if the "right people" got voted in my rights as a consumer would be protected, and I would get the video card I deserve at the price I decide to pay!

/tears

That bit is kind of important. I'm glad you added it.

Basic supply and demand. Again, Deal with it.

True. Also worth noting eVGA and NewEgg both have to deal with supply side scarcity.

Hey! I thought if the "right people" got voted in my rights as a consumer would be protected, and I would get the video card I deserve at the price I decide to pay!

/tears

This isn't political. Don't try to make it political.

If there is one long thread about it that got deleted, maybe. But if the entire forum is flooded with threads about it to the point when it detriments other user's experiences, then I would understand.

If there is one long thread about it that got deleted, maybe. But if the entire forum is flooded with threads about it to the point when it detriments other user's experiences, then I would understand.

It was one long thread. Not a whole host of them though there are 2-3 complaints about it that are still up there. Funny thing is that someone tried to point out that TigerDirect had stock and a rebuttal pointed out TigerDirect was busted a number of times taking GTX 680 orders, claiming they had stock, and it turned out to be a lie. Someone pointed out it could be bought cheaper elsewhere (eVGA's website specifically) and then I couldn't find the thread a few hours later. Maybe something else was posted I didn't know about.

Oh well...moving on. There's more important things in life.

Last edited:
It's both sad, funny, and ironic that people think they deserve high-demand goods at retail price. If you can find it, either buy it or don't. We don't really care either way.

I'll admit, had the 690 actually come out at the same time as the 680, I probably would have gone this route. As for price gouging, I just spent a small fortune on my new PC, so $200 wouldn't really bother me that much. Instead, I have 680's in SLI. Slightly faster, but I could give up the 5-10% speed increase for the 2 extra PCI Express slots. There are boards for my computer I'd like to purchase, but I just don't have any spare room in my computer.

A lot of entitlement in this thread. $200 markup clearly could've been higher. Have you guys forgotten what the S in MSRP stands for?

A lot of entitlement in this thread. $200 markup clearly could've been higher. Have you guys forgotten what the S in MSRP stands for?

But, but, but, that's inconvenient for poor little me. :rolleyes:

(Seriously, though, $1000+ for a video card requires a special kind of enthusiast.)

^that has been up for a few days, it was just a pre-order. They won't have them in until the end of the month. Plus it's still $100 over what you can get them for, and yes they can be had for msrp.

$1000-$1050(w/ Tshirt) 690 all the way, any higher and your are better off going with SLI 680 4gb's!

I think SLI 670's are the way to go now but I already have a 690 coming. Maybe I will just sell the 690, but I know that's not going to happen once I get it in my hands. lol

Order from tigerdirect and get burned. Fair warning, if their site shows in stock it may not be in stock and they will STILL charge you AND you can't do anything about it.

I'd say wait for a better retailer!

Newegg always been a gouger for as long as I remember. Dumbshits will pay for it so why not. Their warehousing systems ability and shipping has always been their saving grace and pretty much the only reason anyone buys from them. We all say we will never buy from them again until you buy from someone else who takes 3 days just to process your order and get it to the shipper and then it's right back to newegg after that for your next orders.

I thought they were be readily available at more quantities today, I don't see any anywhere ha

Well, I don't think they said readily available but May 3rd was supposed to be "limited quantities" and today was "wider availability" but you're right. There seems to have been _zero_ for sale today.

I've literally been checking all day since 6:30 am EST and haven't found any... Very discouraging but it's only a video card... :)

I can't imagine "wider availability" meaning much more than 10-20 considering there are still no GTX 680's in stock at Newegg, Amazon, or Tigerdirect.

I'm just curious, but how are these references cards produced?

Does nVidia actually manufacture them and then 3rd party vendors (eVGA, Gigabyte, Galaxy, etc) just put supply the box or how does that work?

nVidia supplies the vendors with the GTX 690's and all they do is slap on their stickers and do their own packaging.

Can anyone confirm if "wider availabilty" today id BS or may happen? ANYONE, even an employee at evga who knows whats going on..lol?

Can anyone confirm if "wider availabilty" today id BS or may happen? ANYONE, even an employee at evga who knows whats going on..lol?

I ordered from ncix.com on Thursday and my 690 shipped today. So looks like some shipments came in to NCIX today.

Blah, I could really care less about the 690. In fact, I have a dislike for all dual GPU cards. I think they are gimmicks. Every dual gpu cards up until the GTX 690 had been plagued with microstuttering, something that I'm so sensitive of that I can even see it in Youtube videos (especially side by side comparisons with single GPU cards). Though the 690 is supposed to be better, another Youtube video showing it running the Metro benchmark once again disappointed me with stutters all over the place.

Just give me a 680 with 4GB and I will be happy.

Back