EVGA GTX 680 02G-P4-2680-KR $293(refurb @ amazon)

thomaslfessler

Limp Gawd
Not quite the @199 deal I missed by minutes, a good deal none the less. At this price, had to pick one up.

Enjoy! 3 left.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bit on the "Very Good" at $303.09. 5 left after I ordered. Amazon Warehouse seems to be a mixed bag if you buy anything less than "Like New" condition, so here's hoping mine is solid. 6 "Good" conditions left at $293.31 at the time of this post. Thanks, OP!

Edit: Order cancelled. Purchased a GTX 680 from someone in the FS forum instead! :D

Last edited:
The key to buying the stuff less than Like New is to make sure there are no notes on it (like it doesn't mention scratches or repackaged, etc). If that's the case then its probably just damage to the box itself that caused them to mark it down and its practically new.

Purchased a little over a month ago my 660 Ti from them for $182 in practically new condition.

How do warranties work on these items? Is it possible that the previous owner has registered them already and therefore the next purchaser will not be able to? Or are these returns that someone didn't want because they were trying to cherry-pick a good overclocker?

I may sound paranoid about the warranty, but I've dealt with EVGA's RMA service quite a bit because a number of their cards that I have owned have failed under warranty, then been replaced with solid performers that last. Some of that was ignorance on my part when I first started building machines and didn't know that the quality of a PSU matters more than almost anything else in the box, but more recently I believe it has simply been the general trend in the industry. They have always been great with their warranty support though.

How do warranties work on these items? Is it possible that the previous owner has registered them already and therefore the next purchaser will not be able to? Or are these returns that someone didn't want because they were trying to cherry-pick a good overclocker?

I may sound paranoid about the warranty, but I've dealt with EVGA's RMA service quite a bit because a number of their cards that I have owned have failed under warranty, then been replaced with solid performers that last. Some of that was ignorance on my part when I first started building machines and didn't know that the quality of a PSU matters more than almost anything else in the box, but more recently I believe it has simply been the general trend in the industry. They have always been great with their warranty support though.

Just make sure it's a serial based warranty

Evga cards are now serial based for warranty. Not sure if it applied to prior models, but they had a help article on their site that would tell you.

Evga cards are now serial based for warranty. Not sure if it applied to prior models, but they had a help article on their site that would tell you.

Serial warranties have been around for a while. Before the 680 so any of these bought should still be under warranty.

Last edited:
The card showed up. Brand new, still shrink wrapped from EVGA. PCIe pins were virgin and never inserted into a slot. Great deal! Although I should have looked harder for a 4gb card.

If I have a Galaxy GTX 680 2GB, would that work in SLI with another manufacturer card? Is it better if the manufacturer is the same?

If I have a Galaxy GTX 680 2GB, would that work in SLI with another manufacturer card? Is it better if the manufacturer is the same?

Doesn't matter, so long as they physically fit (keep in mind some of the Asus cards are 3 slots) and are the same type/memory amount.

Back