EVGA GTX 460 768MB - $145.99 Shipped @ Chief Value

I'd set aside $20/card to cover all of those points. So, ideally, one would end up with ~$45/card profit, which really isn't all that bad.
you think somebody is going to buy these for $210?

I would predict $180

I was basing that off of an assumption of $200, it has been corrected :)

Going off of completed listings, I'd say $200 + shipping is a pretty safe bet...

I was basing that off of an assumption of $200, it has been corrected :)

Going off of completed listings, I'd say $200 + shipping is a pretty safe bet...
you could be right. but those listings were from a time before these cards could be bought retail for $145. In my opinion, the market value of these cards just plummeted.

I know I wouldn't buy one from you for $200. Not to say you won't be able to find somebody that will on ebay. If anybody does sell one of these, I'd be curious to hear the results. I stand by my prediction of $180.

Indeed, we'll see how it goes. After all, how can you be certain that everyone heard about this relatively-contained seeming price error?

My tracking info finally updated. Estimated shipping date is September 2. I guess that's what you get for living in the boonies.

I will sell my Sapphire 5770 and keep this card. I only paid $140 for the 5770, so hopefully I don't take that big of a loss. If I get metro 2033 out of it I'll consider it a pretty nice trade-off. Nvidia has nicer drivers anyway.

My friend had his order canceled, if anyone is willing I think he'd buy one at cost + shipping.

nah. I would guess $15 profit per card. Not worth the hassle.

Mine will be going in my htpc
It seems a little overkill for an HTPC, unless it will double as a gaming rig. :cool:

I'd set aside $20/card to cover all of those points. So, ideally, one would end up with ~$35/card profit ($200-$20=$180-$145=$35), which really isn't all that bad if you bought two to sell.
I guess if you could get $200 for it on Ebay. (I haven't checked to see what they're going for.) 1 question I had about buying something on-line and then immediately reselling it on Ebay or CL: what if the product is DOA? At least the original purchaser can contact the vendor to get it replaced. The Ebay buyer would have to deal with the manufacturer and then not have the ability to produce the original bill of sale. :confused:

How do these card compare to the MSI GTX 460 1GB? Is the extra ~5 FPS worth the extra $40-50?

I actually have two invoices/tracking numbers and the only one that works is the SC2 card. LOL. Oh this is going to have a hilarious conclusion. I can feel it.

Both of my tracking numbers are working now. Definitely getting both items!

Woohoo, deal went through! 3lbs sound right?

One person over on SD said they spoke with a CSR and was told it was a sale not a price mistake...damn good sale IMO.

In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery Date:
08/31/2010
Type:
Package
Service:
GROUND
Weight:
3.20 Lbs

Last edited:
How do these card compare to the MSI GTX 460 1GB? Is the extra ~5 FPS worth the extra $40-50?

Look at the benchmarks and reviews. There is only 256MB of RAM, a few extra ROPs, and a tiny bit of memory bandwidth separating the cards. What will that give you? One extra resolution or so? It's not like we're talking 1GB vs 2GB here. When it comes to feature set and rendering muscle, the 768MB/1GB cards will be obsolete at the same time.

Looks like my other tracking number finally updated!
I thought this was too good to be true but I guess not.

Thanks much OP

I find it ironic that newegg's is out of the same exact model's. Like some said this is great PR. If they have a price mistake and claim it as a "sale" then fall back on newegg to get the remaining cards shipped It can be nothing but positive. losing a couple $1000 is easier then recovering from 100's of orders being canceled. especially if your not a big name.

In my opinion, the market value of these cards just plummeted.

Given the current "Hawtness Factor 10 Mr. Sulu" on this GPU of card, I highly doubt that this one instance will cause the entire selling market to force-drop the price, would be completely ludicrous IMO. I don't really see a plummet at all anytime soon. People are still going to buy these cards for $200-$220'ish.

What are the chances that the cards will be DOA?

Even if so, what's wrong with getting them replaced under warranty?

i got the e-mail saying it was canceled
then I the notice that it was shipped
wtf
hah

I couldn't help myself on this one the deal was too good not to pull the trigger. Card is showing up tomorrow. :D

I have one of these already in my backup rig I got from TD before BCB ended. Great card.

I now have a dilemma. My current gaming machine has a single 5850 running at 900mhz. I never intended to purchase 2 of 768mb cards for SLI, but stupid hot deals keep coming up. I would have bought the 1gb versions if I had.

I was thinking of using the 2 GTX 460's 768mb in SLI now in my main rig. I game on a Dell u2410 with 1920x1200 res. I read up on all the review sites on the 768mb vs 1gb SLI. There doesn't seem to be a huge difference with current games at my resolution. 768mb seems to be a large enough frame buffer.

Anyone have personal experience upgrading from HD 5870/5850 to GTX 460 768mb SLI?

They deliver around noon here altough I have gotten packages til 5 pm

Im located in So-Cal and i purchased 2 for SLI to replace my Xfire 5770. Lame part about it though is that it shipped from NJ and it wont arrive till the 2nd. Awesome part about it is that the deal actually went through and we are getting our cards!

Cant wait to sli these bad boys!

Received!

2urt35f.jpg

I am depressed :( I read this thread while the deal was still active and tried to purchase but the website didnt didn't accept paypal. The next morning I rushed to the bank to have them make me a temporary debit card, and when I got home to order, the deal was gone. I was there the night this deal still worked. I was there I tell you! I deserve to have one of these cards at $150! I WAS THERE!!!!!!

I am depressed :( I read this thread while the deal was still active and tried to purchase but the website didnt didn't accept paypal. The next morning I rushed to the bank to have them make me a temporary debit card, and when I got home to order, the deal was gone. I was there the night this deal still worked. I was there I tell you! I deserve to have one of these cards at $150! I WAS THERE!!!!!!
you should have used paypal's credit card feature

Back