EVGA GTX 260 sticker is peeling

sequoia

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,
I have an EVGA GTX 260 55nm, about 4 months old. I just noticed the sticker is peeling. I dont really want to RMA this card for such a minor issue, however, I want to make sure I still keep the lifetime warranty. Currently it is half way peeled, just hanging off the card, blocking my airflow, so something got to be done. If I just peel the rest of the sticker, would I void the warranty? Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks
Chris

If the sticker is peeling you should be fine. As long as the warranty sticker is intact you should be fine. EVGA will not void your warranty for a fan sticker.

The top, front and back has a thin clear film on it from the factory. If you are referring to that, that is normal. In fact, I didn't even realize it was there until after about a month of using my GTX 260 I started to see it bubble up on the top and back of the card. That's when I felt real stupid that I didn't realize sooner that it was on there so I peeled it off.

Just tonight, 9 months after buying the card and when I took it out to clean the dust off of the fan I noticed the front was bubbling up also, which turned out to be the thin clear film also which I now peeled off.

just super glue it back on if you're concerned. I glued it on my evga 8800gts.

Use a hair dryer, heat it up and peel it the rest of it off, and then put the stickers on a piece of wax paper and keep them put aside in case you need to do an RMA. You win and problem solved.

Thanks guys! I think I will peel it off and keep it inside its box just incase I need to RMA the card.

Thanks
Chris

If the sticker is peeling you should be fine. As long as the warranty sticker is intact you should be fine. EVGA will not void your warranty for a fan sticker.
I don't know... ;) When my removable north bridge fan went bad on my motherboard they told me I had to file for an RMA number for the motherboard. I called them back and talked some sense into the tech guy and after they shipped me 2 wrong fans they finally sent the right one. EVGA employee's don't even know their own products ;)

Last edited:
Is it true that the videos cards like the gtx 260 or GX2 which have the back side covered with the plastic cover heat up more than the ones that dont?

Is it true that the videos cards like the gtx 260 or GX2 which have the back side covered with the plastic cover heat up more than the ones that dont?

Well I don't know about the 9800 GX2, but the newer GTX 260 boards are usually warmer because of a less substantial cooling system under the covers, despite a cooler running 55nm GPU.

Back