EVGA GTX 1080 TI hybrid Question

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Anyone know if the hybrid cooler can be removed?

I already havre a custom water-cooled build and I want to buy an EKWB water-block and swap in this card for my old ones.

I assume it can be removed just as easily as a fan cooler would but, want to be sure before purchasing.

Thanks

Anyone know if the hybrid cooler can be removed?

I already havre a custom water-cooled build and I want to buy an EKWB water-block and swap in this card for my old ones.

I assume it can be removed just as easily as a fan cooler would but, want to be sure before purchasing.

Thanks

Yes it can. I purchased a pair of used 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrids a little while back where the previous owner swapped out the hybrid coolers with EK waterblocks. I was able to convert one of the cards back to hybrid configuration as well (did not plan to run SLI) but reinstalling the shroud is a bit more of a pain.

Gamers Nexus has a good YouTube video on removing the hybrid shroud for the FTW3 just to give you an idea of the effort/time required.

Yes it can. I purchased a pair of used 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrids a little while back where the previous owner swapped out the hybrid coolers with EK waterblocks. I was able to convert one of the cards back to hybrid configuration as well (did not plan to run SLI) but reinstalling the shroud is a bit more of a pain.

Gamers Nexus has a good YouTube video on removing the hybrid shroud for the FTW3 just to give you an idea of the effort/time required.
Agreed. I installed the Hybrid kit on my air cooled 1080ti FTW3. It was a pretty indepth process.

Agreed. I installed the Hybrid kit on my air cooled 1080ti FTW3. It was a pretty indepth process.

If nvidia would stop going batshit mental with tiny screws that screw into standoffs that screw through the card into the face plate it wouldn't take half the time. A lot of third party cards can have the heatsink off with several screws.

If nvidia would stop going batshit mental with tiny screws that screw into standoffs that screw through the card into the face plate it wouldn't take half the time. A lot of third party cards can have the heatsink off with several screws.
This was a 3rd party custom PCB card and it was still a tedious process. The results were VERY nice though. Great cooling and factory look.

Back