evga gtx 1080 ti FE

demondrops

Limp Gawd
ok so got my ti few days ago and obv. first thing to do is overclock :) seems anything past 125+ on core will crash. i got prety much around 1950 ingame boost like this wich is totally fine for me. after checking core clock i added 400+ to memory aswell seems to work very well. seems 100% game stable now. but my question is when evga make hybrid kit for it and i will get that. will i be able to push the card much further? i havent touched voltages because the few cards i got once it start beeing unstable on max power target the extra voltage i add doesnt really let me push it any further anyway even with 60c on my old 980ti it just wouldnt be stable at all past a certain point with max powertarget. id guess for it to be worth it for me i would want to aim for 2,1 boost :D

With the hybrid kit, you should see what your card boosts to with stock settings. From there, you can start to push the core and memory a bit. Since it is still a pascal card, you might not be able to push too much further as it might not be a temperature limitation but rather a gpu limitation. Without know your temperatures under load, its a bit of a question. Generally speaking though, you should be able to get a little bit more. I am waiting on my TI to show, and I have an EK block sitting here waiting to be installed. The one good thing with the hybrid, is you will get a consistent boost as opposed to being throttled.

Take a look at Gamer Nexus's hybrid mod video. This is the third video in the series of making it. This should give you a better idea of what to expect.
For voltage I think Tom's Hardware had\has access to an early MSI afterburner build that allows more voltage so you might check that out as well.

Take a look at Gamer Nexus's hybrid mod video. This is the third video in the series of making it. This should give you a better idea of what to expect.
For voltage I think Tom's Hardware had\has access to an early MSI afterburner build that allows more voltage so you might check that out as well.

No God NO!

Stop linking this guy, there is a reason after all these years he still only has a bit over 100K subs. The way he does his "research" is completely flawed and the way he handles electronics makes me cringe so god damn bad. Its like an ape trying to fit the cube in the circle hole!

No God NO!

Stop linking this guy, there is a reason after all these years he still only has a bit over 100K subs. The way he does his "research" is completely flawed and the way he handles electronics makes me cringe so god damn bad. Its like an ape trying to fit the cube in the circle hole!

:D

Was waiting for this to see the temps on the RAM/VRM

No God NO!

Well, I watched this series of videos and while he was a bit more carefree with the card than I would have been I didn't see any issues with his results. It gave me the info I wanted and i'll be able to make a semi-informed decision moving forward.

I got an evga 1080ti FE with an accelero hybrid III-120 cooler on it.
I can't really clock it any faster then I could with the stock cooler but it was WAY TOO MUCH noise for me.

With the hybrid cooling I got +130mhz on the core and +300mhz on memory (haven't tried more on the memory yet) and max temp I have seen yet is 53C while running unigine heaven.
Clock speed are pretty stable and vary between 2037 and 2025mhz rarely it will dip to 2012.
+140 wasn't stable the heaven window would freeze for a few second and then the benchmark would continue (driver crash ?)

Best of all is that you can't hear it !

Temperature with the stock cooler at +125mhz would rise up to ~85C with the fan at ~60%+, clock speed was around 2000 with lots of dips under 2000.

Some 3dmark run I made after installing the cooler :
Time spy
Firestrike ultra
Comparing my result with the stock cooler my score went up by 6-7% on each tests. (+125 on stock cooler +130 with hybrid)

Overall I'm very happy with my card !

Last edited:
Back