EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Saw this come across in my e-mail. Early availability begins April 8 exclusively for Associate members. I'm pretty sure this will be the first K|NGP|N that is cooled by an AIO.

upload_2019-4-3_14-7-51.png

I wonder how much the cost would be.. I am guessing probably around $1799... sigh.. As much as I would love to own this little monster.. a little too high out of my price range heh :)

I wonder how much the cost would be.. I am guessing probably around $1799... sigh.. As much as I would love to own this little monster.. a little too high out of my price range heh :)

Agreed. I like these cards but the mark-up in price is usually pretty huge for the small performance bump.

Agreed. I like these cards but the mark-up in price is usually pretty huge for the small performance bump.

AFAIK they exist only so that plebs can have their own chance at beating Kingpin in the leaderboards- and EVGA (his employer) can make a buck off the effort.

[and there's not a damn thing wrong with that]

My problem with these cards is they come out so far into the cycle... and for practically no advantage compared to watercooling and modding months and months earlier.

Yep, that's my reasoning why I grabbed the FTW3 and have been enjoying it for a couple of months now.

I think the last Kingpin that was worth it was the 980 Ti due to the fact that they could push between 1525-1575MHz on air, some even hit 1600MHz, while a typical card could only do around 1400MHz.

The thing is with Pascal/Turing, these cards have pretty much a brick wall around 2100 MHz on air (a few can do 2130-2150), so a better ASIC isn't going to necessarily do much better on air.

AFAIK they exist only so that plebs can have their own chance at beating Kingpin in the leaderboards- and EVGA (his employer) can make a buck off the effort.

[and there's not a damn thing wrong with that]
Exactly. If you bought this and used it to play games, you're doing it wrong. That would be like buying a homologation special car to drive to work and the grocery store.

What you're supposed to do with this is competitive overclocking.

If the mention over at TPU is accurate, ~$1900 :blackeye:

If the mention over at TPU is accurate, ~$1900 :blackeye:

If one uses someone evga associates code you get $95 off the price.. so close to $1800. You'll need to enter their forum and ask someone for a code or find one in someone signature.

Save it for next time as there sold out currently. Took all day at that price but it happened.

Next time I bet it will sell out quicker after all the user/youtube reviews.

Why EVGA opted to not ship their Hybrid series with a 240mm radiator as a default option I'll never understand.

It's not needed. Really.

A single 120mm AIO with a single fan can handle the heat output of a top-end GPU, quietly.

[the disparity with CPUs isn't something I've thought about enough to try to explain, but I do recognize that lower-wattage CPUs make use of more cooling capacity]

Exactly. If you bought this and used it to play games, you're doing it wrong. That would be like buying a homologation special car to drive to work and the grocery store.

What you're supposed to do with this is competitive overclocking.
uh no, actually that would be more of a dyno run as that's more equivalent to benching on a computer, in car mechanic speak. playing games would be equivalent of using the hella expensive performance car you bought brand new with, to race with. if buying just to browse websites or and do work with, that would be equivalent to "drive to work and the grocery store."

Besides, this and the matrix 2080ti beats the RTX Titan by a slight margin, only losing to it due to lesser memory buffer size and or memory bandwidth that some games or and programs need much of to run smoothly......or so I've read somewhere.....oh and price too, over here, the RTX Titan is cheaper than importing the KingPin 2080Ti over from amazon, newegg or evga directly....

It's not needed. Really.

A single 120mm AIO with a single fan can handle the heat output of a top-end GPU, quietly.

[the disparity with CPUs isn't something I've thought about enough to try to explain, but I do recognize that lower-wattage CPUs make use of more cooling capacity]
I honestly think that cannot be possible, my 480 rad gets real hot to touch when my CPU is 100% utilized, and this 300W graphics card, is more than double my CPU TDP, will survive on a thin 120mm rad?! Pffft please.....you would need maybe two thick 480 rads minimum to cool this monster quietly....3 if you wanna include the cpu in the loop so it's not two separate custom loops...4 or more of these thick 480 rads (or just use a car rad lol) would probably be better, that way you can try for a passive cool n or less fans = less noise.

I honestly think that cannot be possible, my 480 rad gets real hot to touch when my CPU is 100% utilized, and this 300W graphics card, is more than double my CPU TDP, will survive on a thin 120mm rad?! Pffft please.....you would need maybe two thick 480 rads minimum to cool this monster quietly....3 if you wanna include the cpu in the loop so it's not two separate custom loops...4 or more of these thick 480 rads (or just use a car rad lol) would probably be better, that way you can try for a passive cool n or less fans = less noise.
How effectively that heat is dissipated is equally as important as knowing total heat output. The power delivery, die size, chip surface area matter a lot. The 2080 Ti is like 4x bigger than a Coffee Lake CPU. My 9900K frequently touches 80C with a 360mm radiator while my 2080 Ti rarely touches 60C with a 120mm radiator (most of its time is spent in the low 50s).

As much as I'd love to own a Kingpin 2080 Ti for the performance the pricing would be an inhibotor. For my uses a 2080 Super would suit my needs. Regardless, that is impressive tech for a graphics card.

You might read some reviews.

Then the fans on your rad aren’t spinning fast or have no static pressure. Or your pump isn’t circulating fast, or your rad is gunked up inside.

AMDs proven over and over that you can put a 300 watt card on a 120mm rad with a gentle typhoon fan and the AIO rad can cool the card just fine.

Fury X O/C
Vega 64 O/C
To name a couple.

Back