EVGA GeForce GTX Titan!!! Back In Stock!!

too bad i'm part of the 99%. i don't care if i was in the top .1% - i wouldn't drop a grand on a video card.

too bad i'm part of the 99%. i don't care if i was in the top .1% - i wouldn't drop a grand on a video card.

The irony being 99% of the people who would consider this card don't give a damn what you think. What a useless post, why don't you go start a AMD vs Nvidia war so you can feel important.

this is the hard forum, not slickdeals. I use both websites but your argument doesn't fly here. I'm not buying one either, but if I wanted one and was in the market I would.

*sigh* Still going to be a while before I buy my Titan, until then here is a picture of my friends.

Titan_zps3d0990db.jpg

The irony being 99% of the people who would consider this card don't give a damn what you think. What a useless post, why don't you go start a AMD vs Nvidia war so you can feel important.

No need to insult the man but, but granted it is a little weird how forums and comment sections on tech sites seem to attract so many people that feel the need to let everyone know how they "definitely WOULD NOT buy it" and what a "waste" it is and how its "too expensive and you could build a whole PC with that money".

Comedy. Probably the same group that was on the toilet for three days over the relative inhumanity of Intel offering a $1000 Extreme Edition cpu like there was a gun to anyone's head.

Last edited:
No need to insult the man but, but granted it is a little weird how forums and comment sections on tech sites seem to attract so many people that feel the need to let everyone know how they "WOULD NOT buy it" and what a "waste" it is and how its "too expensive and you could build a whole PC with that money".

Comedy. Gotta be the same slobs that had a thing or two to say about Intel Extreme edition CPU's and the relative inhumanity of Intel asking $1000 for a CPU.

Thats right, we are no longer in a situation where AMD is 2 generations behind and the 8800GTX is $600. There is a huge range of cards right now so if people want to spend their hard earned dollars on what they want then let them. If someone offered me a Titan I sure wouldn't turn it down.

No need to insult the man but, but granted it is a little weird how forums and comment sections on tech sites seem to attract so many people that feel the need to let everyone know how they "definitely WOULD NOT buy it" and what a "waste" it is and how its "too expensive and you could build a whole PC with that money".
well a lot of people, including myself, had expected this type of performance by now for a somewhat reasonable price. I mean its been 2.5 freaking years since the 580 came out and to get the first real upgrade costs twice as much as the 580 even launched at. we have made no progress at all on the top gpu card in 2.5 years when it comes to performance per dollar. and its not like the 580 was good in that regard either but 1000 bucks is so ridiculous that I understand people being pissed. remember if it costs that much for the top card then that means the other higher end cards are going to stay high too. and with Nvidia setting the $1000 precedent there is likely no chance the 780 cards will be anything worth waiting for. by that I mean the performance will likely not be much faster than the 680 since Nvidia probably does not want to make the Titan look bad anytime soon.

No need to be pissed, you can get two of these for $340 and have the same performance. Titan is for people who don't care about performance/dollar. Nvidia is going to milk that market for all it's worth, has no bearing on the pricing of their next gen mainstream cards.

Will be outdated in 365 days.

And by outdated you mean what? That a new line of GPUs from NVIDIA will be released? That a successor to the Titan (Titan 2) will have come out? Certainly you wouldn't be implying that the Titan be made obsolete or feel "dated" (insufficient) due to new releases from NVIDIA. People are still enjoying their 6970's, 480/570/580's from years past, those cards play the same games that were out then and are still out now. So what do you mean exactly? And 365 days is a long time, especially for an enthusiast, who probably wouldn't even hold onto the card for that amount of time, much less not get their use out of it. Your post is a wasteful expenditure of bandwidth and an eye sore. Please don't make troll posts anymore.

I remember feeling stupid for buying a $580 7800 GTX back in '05 shortly after I bought it, and even more stupid when I could barely sell it for $30 in '08.

Have fun Titan buyers.

And by outdated you mean what? That a new line of GPUs from NVIDIA will be released? That a successor to the Titan (Titan 2) will have come out? Certainly you wouldn't be implying that the Titan be made obsolete or feel "dated" (insufficient) due to new releases from NVIDIA. People are still enjoying their 6970's, 480/570/580's from years past, those cards play the same games that were out then and are still out now. So what do you mean exactly? And 365 days is a long time, especially for an enthusiast, who probably wouldn't even hold onto the card for that amount of time, much less not get their use out of it. Your post is a wasteful expenditure of bandwidth and an eye sore. Please don't make troll posts anymore.

Yes the hate of useless opinions in deals threads is strong in this one. Embrace the hate.
darksidecoffee2.jpg

I remember feeling stupid for buying a $580 7800 GTX back in '05 shortly after I bought it, and even more stupid when I could barely sell it for $30 in '08.

Have fun Titan buyers.

Do you remember when Nvidia came to your house and put a gun to your head? They were all like buy this mother f***ing card for $580? But you as a consumer and like other consumers could have easily decided against doing so meaning they would be forced to lower prices so they could still hit sales objectives. Instead you helped reaffirm their pricing until AMD got back in the game.

I swear you idiots need to form a club and go to high end furniture stores, car dealerships, jewelry stores, and clothing stores so you can bombard everyone with money who wants to spend their own money however the hell they want with with your useless opinions. At least you might wear yourselves out by the time you get back in front of a computer.

Last edited:
Gonna wait til AMD release the 7990 and hope for a price drop.

Yes the hate of useless opinions in deals threads is strong in this one. Embrace the hate.
darksidecoffee2.jpg

Do you remember when Nvidia came to your house and put a gun to your head? They were all like buy this mother f***ing card for $580? But you as a consumer and like other consumers could have easily decided against doing so meaning they would be forced to lower prices so they could still hit sales objectives. Instead you helped reaffirm their pricing until AMD got back in the game.

I swear you idiots need to form a club and go to high end furniture stores, car dealerships, jewelry stores, and clothing stores so you can bombard everyone with money who wants to spend their own money however the hell they want with with your useless opinions. At least you might wear yourselves out by the time you get back in front of a computer.

Calm your tits.

Lol I can't believe you composed a treatise basically because a few people see a 1k video card with poor performance/$ as a poor investment. Grow some thicker skin.

Hopefully a few tentative buyers will take my experience with the 7800 GTX into account before plopping down the money for what is essentially another 7800 GTX situation.

While I think the Titan is an amazing card, I don't have the money for one, and even if I did I wouldn't feel it's worth the extra ~$750 I paid for my MSI 7950 with full cover waterblock, which is the best 7950 you can buy...

Now with the rumored "mini Titan" due to be coming, I am surprised a lot of people aren't waiting to see what it offers at it's price point..The good news about waiting is that *IF* it doesn't perform as well as you think, Nvidia may have dropped the Titan's MSRP due to those that held off for the "mini Titan" to drop..

$.02..

I want to know what they have planned after "Titan". Goliath? Overlord? Behemoth? Doesn't leave much headroom.

well a lot of people, including myself, had expected this type of performance by now for a somewhat reasonable price. I mean its been 2.5 freaking years since the 580 came out and to get the first real upgrade costs twice as much as the 580 even launched at. we have made no progress at all on the top gpu card in 2.5 years when it comes to performance per dollar. and its not like the 580 was good in that regard either but 1000 bucks is so ridiculous that I understand people being pissed. remember if it costs that much for the top card then that means the other higher end cards are going to stay high too. and with Nvidia setting the $1000 precedent there is likely no chance the 780 cards will be anything worth waiting for. by that I mean the performance will likely not be much faster than the 680 since Nvidia probably does not want to make the Titan look bad anytime soon.

I don't see why you're upset by that nvidia has every right to charge whatever they want, and since they are currently selling out everywhere they obviously know what they're doing. Anyone who purchased high end cards from the last few years should be happy that their cards are very relevant today, using your example you could get slightly lower gaming performance by simply doing 580s in sli for $600 cheaper if you bought em used.

darksidecoffee2.jpg

Fantastic post... A+++++++++++ would read again, fast ship. ;) :)

" FS/FT : EVGA Titan $450 "

And if that happens I will buy four of them ;)

Considering my 580 FTW's can still be sold for around $240 each I seriously doubt that is going to happen. However, I can dream......

All the bitches in this thread saying they don't understand the card and its price need to shut up and find another forum that is NOT named [H]ardForum. Seriously :p

And if that happens I will buy four of them ;)

Considering my 580 FTW's can still be sold for around $240 each I seriously doubt that is going to happen. However, I can dream......

All the bitches in this thread saying they don't understand the card and its price need to shut up and find another forum that is NOT named [H]ardForum. Seriously :p

" FS/FT : GTX 580 FTW $150 "

justkidding...

But I agree, when did all these slickdeals members sign up on [H]ardForum? :confused:

" FS/FT : GTX 580 FTW $150 "

justkidding...

But I agree, when did all these slickdeals members sign up on [H]ardForum? :confused:
I sold my EVGA 3GB 580 for $275 august '12 , I think by 2014 GTX 580's will be under $200.

Anyways, would be nice to see what 3 or even 4 of these in quad sli would do.

People seem to be confusing the Hot Deals forum for the Video Cards forum.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticize prices here. If you want to wank off to your amazing GPU and call people plebs for saving money there's an entirely different place for that.

Lol.. this is an entertaining thread.

I don't know that there are or have been any 'deals' on titans, but given availability, I can still see this as being a [H]otDeal. Regardless of what people say, it is still the fastest single GPU card money can buy. For those of us who have sworn off of SLI due to various reasons, it's very appealing.

That said, if I had more disposable income, I would probably pick one up, but unfortunately I do not. Or maybe if Obama didn't raise my taxes by 5k/yr...

Since any other item where availability is limited due to huge demand :rolleyes: . You've been here long enough to know that.

Uh, no it's not. Like the guy said there's already a Titan availability thread. This doesn't need to be here.

Back