EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC 4GB Video Card w/ Batman: AK + Witcher 3 + Backplate $314 AR

Johnked6

[H]ard|Gawd
EVGA SSC 2.0+ @ Newegg for $315 after rebate.

Use Promo Code: EMCASAW76

• Batman: Arkham Knight (Steam Voucher)
  • Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG Voucher)
  • EVGA GTX 970 SSC Backplate (100-BP-3973-B9)

SSC 2.0+ is the exact same thing as the FTW+ cept no backplate and lower clocks.

Improvements over the first models include: http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/78613-evga-launching-new-improved-geforce-gtx-970-ssc-card/

The new generation of EVGA GeForce GTX 970s have arrived with the FTW+. This enhanced model offers an included backplate, improved cooling, double BIOS support, new display output configuration and 6 power phases for robust overclocking support.

The new EVGA ACX 2.0+ cooler brings new features to the award winning EVGA ACX 2.0 cooling technology. A Memory MOSFET Cooling Plate (MMCP) reduces MOSFET and Memory temperatures and optimized Straight Heat Pipes (SHP) reduce GPU temperature by an additional 5°C. ACX 2.0+ coolers also feature optimized Swept fan blades, double ball bearings and an extreme low power motor, delivering more air flow with less power, unlocking additional power for the GPU.

New Features:

Backplate - Included backplate gives the FTW+ card a nice clean look, and helps reinforce the PCB.
dBi – dB Noise Inverter turns fans off below 60C, generating 0dB of noise during idle!
QSD BIOS – Quick Switch Dual BIOS allow you to switch to secondary BIOS with the flick of a switch.
MMCP – Memory MOSFET Cooling Plate reduces MOSFET temps by 47% and Memory by 14%.
OPT – Optimized Power Target offers 33% more power over reference.
SHP – Straight Heat Pipes reduce GPU temperature by almost 5C!

Last edited:
The Newegg link shows $335.00 after $15.00 rebate card

Last edited:
That's a GREAT price for this card. I paid close to $340 for mine when I bought 2, they only came with the witcher, and I had to buy the back-plate separately. Ugh....... Never fails, buy, wait 3 weeks, and poof, better deal.

I will say, Nvidia (and AIB's) are marking down these 9 series cards lately.

Also, I think FTW has horizontally aligned heat fins, and the SSC has vertically aligned heat fins.

As well SSC requries 6+8 pin, FTW need 6+6

Last edited:
This is tempting me to sell my 780 ti and pick one of these up!

Why do I keep looking in the "[H]ot Deals" section!

This is tempting me to sell my 780 ti and pick one of these up!

Why do I keep looking in the "[H]ot Deals" section!

Hey I keep on browsing here too. I want to jump on this deal too but I already have a gigabyte 970 and was looking for something smaller. May jump on to a 980 deal since I want to go 1440p soon.

For those looking:

evga 980 FTW with 8% off using AFNJ1346 and a $10 rebate.

or

Asus strix 980 with using EMCASAW29

Each are around $535 excluding rebate.

It's kind of frustrating knowing that I bought this same item from them less than 10 days ago but at that time it did not include Batman AK. :(

It's kind of frustrating knowing that I bought this same item from them less than 10 days ago but at that time it did not include Batman AK. :(

Have you contacted your retailer? I know Amazon will and Newegg is a maybe.

Have you contacted your retailer? I know Amazon will and Newegg is a maybe.

I got my 2 x Batman codes from Newegg yesterday for a pair of 980's I ordered on the 29th. The rep already knew what I wanted before I finished my first sentence. Was very easy.

Not sure if me being Premier or not was a factor.

What is the best way to contact Newegg to ask about this? Email or phone?

888-863-1688, that's the premier hotline, you will get through in no time.

I see it as exactly $314 after MIR and code. Each game code is maybe $30/ea to sell? That would be like $254'ish then. Yummy. I've been looking to bump up my main box from a Radeon 7870 Myst to something like this and relegate the 7870 to the secondary box replacing a Radeon 5870 in it. :)

EDIT: According to other sites, backplate is OOS and no longer part of this deal.

Last edited:
I see it as exactly $314 after MIR and code. Each game code is maybe $30/ea to sell? That would be like $254'ish then. Yummy. I've been looking to bump up my main box from a Radeon 7870 Myst to something like this and relegate the 7870 to the secondary box replacing a Radeon 5870 in it. :)

EDIT: According to other sites, backplate is OOS and no longer part of this deal.

Ah crap, was about to order one when I saw the backplate isn't part of the deal anymore so I guess I'll hold off, the price as is isn't bad, but when it included the backplate it was a great deal.

I got my 2 x Batman codes from Newegg yesterday for a pair of 980's I ordered on the 29th. The rep already knew what I wanted before I finished my first sentence. Was very easy.

Not sure if me being Premier or not was a factor.

Glad some retailers do this. I bought a 970 from microcenter on 4/30 and they won't give me a Batman code. Tried on two separate occasions and I was stone walled.

Well MC and Newegg are not apples to apples. I normally find online e-tailers to normally be much for flexible than brick and motor stores. Don't get me wrong, I love MC. (You could always return because of that and repurchase with the new code)

Well MC and Newegg are not apples to apples. I normally find online e-tailers to normally be much for flexible than brick and motor stores. Don't get me wrong, I love MC. (You could always return because of that and repurchase with the new code)

Just seems rather silly. I suppose I don't care enough to take the card out of my system, return it, then re-buy it just for a game. I don't think having a physical store vs online should dictate whether or not they offer good customer service. Had I know there would be a 2nd free game I would have waited a week.

Just seems rather silly. I suppose I don't care enough to take the card out of my system, return it, then re-buy it just for a game. I don't think having a physical store vs online should dictate whether or not they offer good customer service. Had I know there would be a 2nd free game I would have waited a week.

Same here, would have waited as well......

If you did not buy the MC extended warranty, you could bring your receipt and buy that. They have to refund and re-ring when that happens. Codes will-re-generate for you on your receipt (new one). Then could always refund the warranty again within 30 days of buying it.
Loop hole I guess....

Same here, would have waited as well......

If you did not buy the MC extended warranty, you could bring your receipt and buy that. They have to refund and re-ring when that happens. Codes will-re-generate for you on your receipt (new one). Then could always refund the warranty again within 30 days of buying it.
Loop hole I guess....

Appreciate the guidance on this. I think I will stick with what I have currently. At least I have a nice new 970 :)

These 970's are great. I actually bought my 2 x 970 SSC's from MC with the 2 year warranty :) They are monsters. I never had any issue running my games on them (1080p screen)

Make sure to flip to the secondary BIOS, I got better clocks on it and the fans always spin, keeping the card cooler.

These 970's are great. I actually bought my 2 x 970 SSC's from MC with the 2 year warranty :) They are monsters. I never had any issue running my games on them (1080p screen)

For sure! This was my gift to myself before the tough things in life come (kids). :)

For sure! This was my gift to myself before the tough things in life come (kids). :)

Oh boy....... I hope your not as nit picky as I am, because finger prints on you screen are a comin....boy are they a comin. And juice in the keyboard.

ugh. just bought a refurbished 780ti a few weeks ago to sli. wondering if I should sell the 780tis now and sidegrade to these... seems like a lot of work for a few extra games, 1gb more vram + slightly lower performance, and a better power profile. my 780tis do get hot, though.

back plate is no longer included in the deal.

The G1 is only 5 bucks more and has a back plate and has faster clock speeds as well.

Back