EVGA Extended Warranty Experience?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
I'm curious if anyone has purchased and used EVGAs Extended Warranty? The over 3 years warranty? Did they put you through a hassle or what did they do for you?

I'm curious if anyone has purchased and used EVGAs Extended Warranty? The over 3 years warranty? Did they put you through a hassle or what did they do for you?
I have used it a couple of times and it always went smoothly..

It's been amazing for me, after 6 cards and 11 years; never had to use it. Best warranty ever! =)

I used it for a MB return and they sent me a warped board......essentially said tough shit.......I think the original board was $300 or close to it.

Haven't purchased from EVGA since.

I would never keep a video card long past three years. I did warranty an EVGA card right before the warranty was up and they sent me a like new card though :)

I say put the warranty money in a jar and use it to buy another GPU sooner.

I would never keep a video card long past three years. I did warranty an EVGA card right before the warranty was up and they sent me a like new card though :)

I say put the warranty money in a jar and use its policy to buy another GPU sooner.
It is a reason why companies like BFG went out of business offering lifetime warranties. People abused it by returning old cards that were way past their usefulness and got a brand new more modern card in return cause BFG has no stock of the old cards. People obsesses about warranties lengths too much. In the computer world you better off just buying something newer by the time a 5 year warranty ends. If it doesn't break within the first year it normally will last for a long time barring any abuse from the users. HDD are the only thing I am ever concern about. Since they have moving parts and as a whole HDD reliability has wen down the drain.

It is a reason why companies like BFG went out of business offering lifetime warranties. People abused it by returning old cards that were way past their usefulness and got a brand new more modern card in return cause BFG has no stock of the old cards. People obsesses about warranties lengths too much. In the computer world you better off just buying something newer by the time a 5 year warranty ends. If it doesn't break within the first year it normally will last for a long time barring any abuse from the users. HDD are the only thing I am ever concern about. Since they have moving parts and as a whole HDD reliability has wen down the drain.
Though I don't disagree abuse of warranties is a thing and is wrong, getting new cards with equivalent performance from 5 years prior shouldn't get you cards that are very powerful to begin with--more so back then when generational leaps were actually leaps. So it was likely only the truly cheap, determined or bored would actually bother with this--I would assume (or at least, hope) not that companies were so precarious that these small numbers would cause them to go under.

Back to OP, and sorta related to one of my points, extended warranties from reputable companies like EVGA may be ever slightly more useful now that video card generational advances are so small, and you may need or want to ride some cards longer... though, honestly, I still always end up selling even my EVGA cards (and they don't transfer).

My standard warranty experience with EVGA has been stellar. I imagine their extended warranty program would be just as good.

Hopefully that customer service department is different than their sales support. I've had two experiences with ordering from them, both horrible.

when I was thinking about buying a GTX 1070 I decided to call around about the warranty and see who responded and how. I called Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS and EVGA. For the first three companies I mentioned I called numerous times over the coarse of a few days and was always put on eternal hold by the computer voice. No human ever picked up the phone. But when I called EVGA they answered on the first call ; within a minute or three I was talking with a tech rep. I have called EVGA a few times since and have reached a rep every time

After those calling experiences I bought two new EVGA GTX 1070 FTW's

Last edited:
when I was thinking about buying a GTX 1070 I decided to call around about the warranty and see who responded and how. I called Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS and EVGA. For the first three companies I mentioned I called numerous times over the coarse of a few days and was always put on eternal hold by the computer voice. No human ever picked up the phone. But when I called EVGA they answered on the first call ; within a minute or three I was talking with a tech rep. I have called EVGA a few times since and have reached a rep every time

After those calling experiences I bought two new EVGA GTX 1070 FTW's
If only you weren't a newb this would carry more weight.

i was also thinking getting the extended warranty on my new 1080 for 30 seems like a decent deal i usualy make my gpus last 5 years befor i upgrade them.

Thus happened even if people didn't try to abuse it. I had an ancient card that had been the top dog years back. I was using it in a file server and the fan failed. I sent it to BFG hoping for a fan replacement, and they sent me a brand new top end card. It was crazy.

If only you weren't a newb this would carry more weight.

What does him being new to [H] have to do with his experience with a company purchasing a video card? How's does that invalidate his experience exactly? Please enlighten us.

What does him being new to [H] have to do with his experience with a company purchasing a video card? How's does that invalidate his experience exactly? Please enlighten us.

The level of trust that he's not a shill. 'Every' company, political faction, gender group, blah blah.... Have been doing 'grass roots' community influencing for long enough that nothing gets believed without some sort of trust currency.

The level of trust that he's not a shill. 'Every' company, political faction, gender group, blah blah.... Have been doing 'grass roots' community influencing for long enough that nothing gets believed without some sort of trust currency.

Trust currency on a computer tech site?? Regarding computer hardware?? Are you serious right now? I concur with what he said and I've been here for years and been using their products for years as well and again can confirm what he said. Is that enough? I think you have certain priorites out of wack bro. I mean what's wrong with giving the guy the benefit of the doubt first and then if he has been found to be full of shit then condem? Maybe it's me. Not sure.

My priorities? I was just answering the question with the most obvious answer. I have no skin in this game.

Besides. I trust everyone equally, which is to say not at all.

My priorities? I was just answering the question with the most obvious answer. I have no skin in this game.

Besides. I trust everyone equally, which is to say not at all.

Your non trust explains your attitude about it. I got ya now. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Back