EVGA Extended Warranties - Submit Your Ticket, Get Your Refund

sk3tch

2[H]4U
I didn't see anything posted - forgive me if this has been discussed. But I wanted to bring visibility to the fact that EVGA is offering refunds on extended warranties for the graphics cards - since they're exiting the NVIDIA business. Simply login to your account, go to the product in question, "Ask a Question" and request a refund. They responded and said it would be several weeks and the cards were reset to 3 year warranties...

Last edited:
At least they are offering refunds to users who purchased it recently. I’m not sure where their cut off of “recently” is though.
I bought mine early last year and they're refunding. Everyone should request it - worth a shot. No chance they're going to honor warranties past about 2-3 years from now. No way they'll keep that much 3xxx and earlier card stock. As great of a company they are!

As Lakados said, I wonder how EVGA defines recently. I upgraded to a 5 year warranty in July 2021. Do I qualify? Should I be worried that they will have no stock to replace my card in early 2026 should the need arise?

I'm giving it a try. Purchased my 3080 back in October of 2020 and bought the 5 years warranty.

If they were going to be "fair" then they should allow this for anyone who purchased it but is still within the 3 years. I would not expect this level of fairness mind you ... just saying. I'm gonna roll the dice and hope that 1. My card doesn't die before I sell it or 2. they honor my 5 year if there is a problem 2+ years from now.

If they were going to be "fair" then they should allow this for anyone who purchased it but is still within the 3 years. I would not expect this level of fairness mind you ... just saying. I'm gonna roll the dice and hope that 1. My card doesn't die before I sell it or 2. they honor my 5 year if there is a problem 2+ years from now.
Why not roll the device and submit a question and ask for a refund? It's literally one sentence. The worst they can say is no.

EDIT - 3080 bought in March 2021:
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 2.00.30 PM.png

Why not roll the device and submit a question and ask for a refund? It's literally one sentence. The worst they can say is no.

EDIT - 3080 bought in March 2021:
View attachment 514262
Because i actually want 5 years of warranty and hope they will support it that long in some form.
Maybe if they cant replace my card directly in 4 years (assuming it dies) they will pay cash or give me equivalant gear like a good psu.

Because i actually want 5 years of warranty and hope they will support it that long in some form.
Maybe if they cant replace my card directly in 4 years (assuming it dies) they will pay cash or give me equivalant gear like a good psu.
Bold of you to assume the company will still be around in 5 years after the announcement. In my opinion, that quite a gamble.

I paid $64 for the 10-year warranty on my 3080Ti before the price changes, so I'd rather keep it IF it means something. There doesn't seem to be clear communication from EVGA if there is an option to keep the extended warranty and if they plan on supporting it.

If their plan is to only support cards until the 3-year warranty period is over, well then the extended warranty means nothing and we should all request refunds.

Bold of you to assume the company will still be around in 5 years after the announcement. In my opinion, that quite a gamble.

Hence the "roll the dice"
Im not assumimg anything and kind of expect they may not be around. The only thing i will be out however is th $50 i paid for the ext warranty so its no big deal imho

I paid $64 for the 10-year warranty on my 3080Ti before the price changes, so I'd rather keep it IF it means something. There doesn't seem to be clear communication from EVGA if there is an option to keep the extended warranty and if they plan on supporting it.

If their plan is to only support cards until the 3-year warranty period is over, well then the extended warranty means nothing and we should all request refunds.
I don't think it will mean something. After a few years, they won't have any GPUs at all.

EVGA-GTX-285-Warranty.jpg

My card still has the 2 day advance replacement warranty I paid for.
I jokingly inquired what happens to my warranty if the card fails and if they could pro-actively send me a card so I can have one on hand if it does fail.

This was their reply, which is what I expected,

Hello,

There is no change to our Advanced RMA (EAR) purchases. As a condition of an EAR, you will need to send us your product within 30 days of an RMA or you will be charged the MSRP of the product, so we could not send you the replacement on a "just-in-case" basis.

Currently, we plan to honor existing warranties and have plenty of stock in the event that you may ultimately need an RMA replacement. If we encounter a situation in the future where we cannot honor an EAR, then we can address the situation at that time.

Regards,
EVGA

Got my first two refunds - $60 a pop. Truly reminds you of just how great of a company EVGA is. Such a huge loss for them to no longer be an NVIDIA partner. :(

Yeah, what other company would even offer this? Any one else would either a) swear they'll cover them for a year or two until they then put out a press release saying they no longer can, but offer you a 10% discount as an apology on a direct purchase of something they currently sell, or b) just shrug, and wait for the class-action suit, in which case only lawyers make any money, but the company would still come out ahead by the end of it, even after settling where each of you gets $3.29 after the attorneys take their "costs" out of it.

Sweet, I didn't know this was happening until I saw this thread thanks!

Got my 7-year refunded for two 3090's at $240 each. I wonder if they will start carrying AMD cards?

Sweet, I didn't know this was happening until I saw this thread thanks!

Got my 7-year refunded for two 3090's at $240 each. I wonder if they will start carrying AMD cards?
They said there aren't any current plans.

However----I suspect EVGA could end up in hard times in 2 -3 years. I am kind of betting that they end up making a deal with AMD. That is pure speculation, however.

I also hope they expand their motherboards downward, to some $250 - $300 offerings. MATX and/or ITX.

They said there aren't any current plans.

However----I suspect EVGA could end up in hard times in 2 -3 years. I am kind of betting that they end up making a deal with AMD. That is pure speculation, however.
Pretty much what happened to XFX back in the day too, I had a bunch of XFX GTX 7900 cards and now they only carry AMD cards. I loved buying XFX cards back in the day when they had nvidia and they provided really good customer service to me, I even dropped in their office a couple times because the 7900 cards had some kinda bad memory batch that kept artifacting on me lol.

EVGA is argubly much better, I hope they pick-up AMD/Intel cards.

I would just request a refund. I don't want to see people bitching that EVGA won't honor the 10 year warranty in 9 years.

You won't see that. EVGA won't be around in 9 years. IMO.

Are you sure about that? Apparently, power supplies was the part of the business that produced all of the profits.

Also, who knows what else they might decide to produce over the next few years.

Are you sure about that? Apparently, power supplies was the part of the business that produced all of the profits.

Also, who knows what else they might decide to produce over the next few years.
EVGA was first and foremost a video card manufacturer. Once that mindshare goes away then it will affect other products. JMO.

Back