EVGA e-7100/630i any good?

'99

Weaksauce
I'm thinking about using a EVGA e-7100/630i, rather than the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R. But is it any good?
CPU will be either E6850 or the new E8400.

I have the eVGA E-7150 with a Q6600 in my HTPC. Not doing any overclocking or such with it though. Same board, just with better onboard video, which still sucks for HD playback.

I have the eVGA E-7150 with a Q6600 in my HTPC. Not doing any overclocking or such with it though. Same board, just with better onboard video, which still sucks for HD playback.
Yeah, since NV (for whatever god forsaken reason) decided to cut costs and make the board single channel on the memory you get a bit lower performance (usually within 10-15% or so) and, since the IGP is depended on memory bandwidth, for HD video it's abysmally slow.

I'd suggest skipping it, I've got a 7050 and it's pure shit for anything other then a basic web browsing PC (even with a video card dropped in).

I dropped an 8600GT in it and it HD playback is great now. I just wish I could have skipped the add-in card and stayed with onboard but that didn't work out. But, the whole single channel still kind of kills it.

Not sure what you'd be doing with the board, but as CrimandEvil said, it's not good for a lot. I sure wouldn't play games on it.

Damn... I missed that. Can't use a board that does'nt support dual channel. Have to sendt it back.... and find something better. :(

Asus G35 is what I just ordered, needed a mATX to put my E6600 in. I'll be using it for MCE.

I'm building a gamerig. Had 2 RMA's on my first choice, the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R. So there for I choose another board, but missed the thing about Dual Channel :(

Ok... returned the eVGA board, and ordered a Asus P5E-VM HDMI. I'm looking forward to reciveing it.

Back