Evga Bstock - 1080ti for $500

Is this a good deal though? It seems that 2070 Super's can be had brand new with longer warranties for around the same price.

Not really, I'd much rather have a 2070S or 2080 than a 1080 Ti now, if just for DLSS 2.0 and RTX now that it's picking up steam. DLSS 2.0 is a much bigger deal to me though. I've enjoyed it on the few games that support it at least.

Not really, I'd much rather have a 2070S or 2080 than a 1080 Ti now, if just for DLSS 2.0 and RTX now that it's picking up steam. DLSS 2.0 is a much bigger deal to me though. I've enjoyed it on the few games that support it at least.

I grabbed Control on EGS the other day to test it out with my new 2080S and I'm now a believer. DLSS 2.0 can't come to more games soon enough. Watching framerate go up along with visuals was astounding.

You guys like a new 2070 Super FE for $530 or a B Stock 2080 XC Gaming for $607 (taxes included)?

They also have a 2080 Super Black for a little more, but that seems like the lowest possible end version. Not even a backplate.

I grabbed Control on EGS the other day to test it out with my new 2080S and I'm now a believer. DLSS 2.0 can't come to more games soon enough. Watching framerate go up along with visuals was astounding.

That works by dynamically dropping the resolution, right?

I'm not going to say i'm qualified to explain how it works but from reading about it real quick, it appears to render the game at a lower resolution than your display, then with magic and AI (making use of the tensor cores on RTX cards), upscale that image to match your display. The end result is a sharper image than with DLSS off and increased framerate.

It kind of feels like cheating.

3000 series coming out relatively soon? Might explain why they're dropping the 1080tis so "low" making it seem like you're getting a deal, 1070s also seem to be dropped quite a bit, although 1060s are like $5 off ... get all the blood you can eVGA

I'm not going to say i'm qualified to explain how it works but from reading about it real quick, it appears to render the game at a lower resolution than your display, then with magic and AI (making use of the tensor cores on RTX cards), upscale that image to match your display. The end result is a sharper image than with DLSS off and increased framerate.

It kind of feels like cheating.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. But the best part is that in most cases, the image quality is just as good, if not a bit better than even native resolution in the couple games that support it like Wolfenstein YB, and Control.

3000 series coming out relatively soon? Might explain why they're dropping the 1080tis so "low" making it seem like you're getting a deal, 1070s also seem to be dropped quite a bit, although 1060s are like $5 off ... get all the blood you can eVGA

Maybe this winter at the earliest it seems. Even if the 3080 Ti launches sooner like September, the 3080 and slower cards probably won't launch until the subsequent months. So not soon enough to recommend waiting IMO, unless you already have a 1080 Ti or 2080 to hold you over until then anyways.

Did anyone try and buy anything? Evga's website gave me errors with both Chrome and Firefox when trying to checkout. Shame, could have gotten a good deal..

What kind of framerates are you getting with DLSS 2.0 in conjunction with Ray Tracing? Thanks. :)

What kind of framerates are you getting with DLSS 2.0 in conjunction with Ray Tracing? Thanks. :)

Some situations 100, some 40 depending on the scene/action, however i'm also at 3440x1440 so it takes a little extra grunt over 1440p. I believe i have my framerate capped since I have 100Hz GSync panel.

Regardless of the frame rate though, its still super smooth.

With DLSS OFF, things are much, much worse.

You guys like a new 2070 Super FE for $530 or a B Stock 2080 XC Gaming for $607 (taxes included)?

They also have a 2080 Super Black for a little more, but that seems like the lowest possible end version. Not even a backplate.

I'd probably go for the evga 2070 Super Black Edition for 519.99. https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-08g-p4-3071-kr/p/N82E16814487456

EDIT: The MSI is 509.99 but I've heard people complain about build issues with this particular one. My second system has a Gaming X Trio 2070 Super and that is a NICE card. https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-ventus-gp-oc/p/N82E16814137528?Description=2070 super&cm_re=2070_super-_-14-137-528-_-Product&quicklink=true

Last edited:
Not in the market now, but thanks all for this thread- I see some good prices in there!

I got a refurb Zontac 1080Ti 11 months ago for $440 (directly from Zontac, not some 3rd party reseller and only $463.78 shipped). I don't play anything that would use RTX (nor do I plan on any time soon) so it was a no brainer for me at the time. With that $25 off code, it isn't a bad deal at all.

Really don't like some of those prices. New units are priced close elsewhere and have new warranty as pointed out here.

Yeah I cant see buying a 1080 Ti for $500 this close to a new card launch, even crazier when the 2080 Ti has been out for almost 2 years now too.

Yeah I cant see buying a 1080 Ti for $500 this close to a new card launch, even crazier when the 2080 Ti has been out for almost 2 years now too.
Not crazy. The new card launch isn't close, and when the performance is there, the cards hold their value. Resale market on Nvidia GPUs has also gone up 10-15% in recent weeks

That's why best time to buy 3080Ti will be on day one

There is no situation where the 2070 Super is faster than a 2080. If the 2070 Super is all you can afford, then go for it.

You sold too cheap.

Not really. If you look at the price it sold in hindsight yes, but they were selling around that value in December. There's no way to predict that a global pandemic would come three months later and devastate PC parts availability causing a surge is value.

I've purchased two GTX 1080 ti on here in the past month for $400 (Zotac AMP Extreme) and $460 (EVGA hybrid).

Not crazy. The new card launch isn't close, and when the performance is there, the cards hold their value. Resale market on Nvidia GPUs has also gone up 10-15% in recent weeks

Day 1 is never the best time to buy any PC hardware. You're paying for the marketing hype train and for the most part a modest generational improvement that'll be considerable cheaper 6 months to a year later. What we're experiencing is a supply drought and isn't going to last long term. That, "Value" is going to trickle down over time just like it did with the DDR4 price fixing that happened a few years ago. The different is this is a logistics issue, not a price fixing scam, and will recover way sooner.

The only reason old cards are so high is due to shortages, not that they are actually worth that much. Plus we are due a decent generation jump, plus AMD actually having a high end card this time. I think that prices will drop and we will get a good peformance upgrade and not just a price upgrade.

The only reason old cards are so high is due to shortages, not that they are actually worth that much. Plus we are due a decent generation jump, plus AMD actually having a high end card this time. I think that prices will drop and we will get a good peformance upgrade and not just a price upgrade.

I bought a second hand 1080Ti a couple of years ago and I am hoping you are correct here.

You sold too cheap.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the transaction and it was actually 430 bucks that I sold it for. I sold it locally but nobody seemed interested online for the 450 I was asking.

Last edited:
I bought a 2060 Super to tide me over until the new stuff. Raytracing with DLSS beats a 1080Ti by a decent margin. A 2070 Super is even better.

I wouldn't buy a 1080Ti now. Next year games will matter a lot more, meaning resale of the GTX stuff will plummet.

Yeah, I don't have a real need to upgrade from the 1080ti, but I do want the RTX stuff now that games are beginning to support it.

Yeah, I don't have a real need to upgrade from the 1080ti, but I do want the RTX stuff now that games are beginning to support it.
Wait it out if you can. Next gen should be substantially better at RTX/DLSS and the 1080ti should hold you over until then.

Nvidia tends to lower support for cards after 4 years. They aren’t on shelves anymore, so nvidia optimizes games for newer cards still being sold. Granted, they are pretty solid to begin with, but just don’t expect drivers to boost performance for older cards the same way it does for newer cards. AMD seems to have a better reputation for optimizing older architectures probably because they stay with their architectures longer (example 470 > 590). For this reason I dont think the 1080ti is a great buy at this point. Shortages are driving up prices but in two years this card may only be worth $300 at most.

These technologies (RTX, DLSS 2.0) will need to stop reminding me of PhysX where they work on only 30 games I have no interest in ever playing if they want me to replace my trusty 1080Ti.

well dang i got a plain ol rtx2070 practically brand new in box for $350 last year or early this year

These technologies (RTX, DLSS 2.0) will need to stop reminding me of PhysX where they work on only 30 games I have no interest in ever playing if they want me to replace my trusty 1080Ti.
DLSS is no Physx, try it in Control.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I looked in my Control Panel, and I found that I can't enable it on any of my games even with 3D settings for Program specific. You must be talking about the game control, which goes back to my point. It's one of those 30 games I don't care about. PhysX did stuff, it just worked on like no games. Convince me this is better, and supports every game or intends to. ;), Otherwise, it is a "skippable tech" in 99% of cases.

Back