Evga Brand Stickers Removed Void Warranty?

Blazemore

[H]ard|Gawd
Does removing the brand stickers void the warranty on EVGA products? I've got a 9600GSO about 2 weeks old and the stickers have started to come off completely on the fan side (they were even bubbled up taking it out of the box). So I took off the sticker; hanging down anyway.

Now it looks like I have to RMA the card due to bad artifacting in SS2. I've read were EVGA is fine with it in one thread and not in another. I have not asked EVGA themselves.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

I would ASSUME that they would understand that they were bubbling and falling off, the exact same thing happened with my dads g92 GTS, and is already happening with his GTX280, so I'm sure it's a known issue to them.

Then again, a company that sells waterblocks and encourages you to put them on would more than likely not care about a sticker being removed, especially when they tell you to put on their waterblocks.

I'd save them and put them on a piece of paper inside the box, just incase you ever have to RMA them. eVGA wants the original receipt, and the serial sticker with the card, or not RMA for you.

I'd save them and put them on a piece of paper inside the box, just incase you ever have to RMA them. eVGA wants the original receipt, and the serial sticker with the card, or not RMA for you.

Well there in the trash now. I still have the serial sticker in place with the original receipt. Looked at the card a few mins ago and noticed that even one of the stock Nvidia green sticker is coming off. Even the EVGA sticker for the fan top came off.

Guess this card doesn't like stickers :p

This has been something that's happened to all of my evga cards, their stickers aren't very adhesive or durable!

I usually take them off as soon as I get them and keep them in the original box, that way if I need to RMA the card, the sticker is still pristine.

Best way to find out for sure is just to contact their customer support or ask on the forums where an EVGA mod will answer for you. I've read that it's alright if you take them off, but I haven't read anything where it wasn't until this topic. :\

This has been something that's happened to all of my evga cards, their stickers aren't very adhesive or durable!

I usually take them off as soon as I get them and keep them in the original box, that way if I need to RMA the card, the sticker is still pristine.

Thought about that at the time but the rear (away from the fan) was still very attached. Tried to remove slowly but it started to come a apart into two pieces. I just gave up trying to keep it at that point.

Give EVGA a call to see if they have any problems. Until then I have to bring "my big f'n gun" back out.

only the stickers on the backside of your card if removed will void the warranty.

"Answered By Richard D (10/26/2008 8:33:03 AM): The only sticker removal that will void your warranty is that serial number sticker. Since you have indicated that its still intact on the card you should be ok. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us. EVGA Support"

Heh, all of my stickers have been rock solid. Although, they're sitting in the box with the stock cooler :p

eVGA is really good with issues like this. You can remove the stock cooler and replace it without voiding the warranty, so long as:

you do no physical damage

and

you replace the stock cooler if you step up/RMA the card.

On of the many reasons I love eVGA

Back