EVGA B stock GPUs on sale now! $1199 3090 FTW3

Outside of the companies with notoriously bad customer service, you’re always going to find mixed experiences no matter how “good” the normal CS is. A lot is going to depend on the individual CSR or their managers and as companies grow bigger and have more turn-over in that department you’re going to see more mixed results if upper management isn’t keeping close enough watch. It’s also possible that following some of their big blunders with quality control these past few years EVGA has put more pressure on the RMA division to keep numbers down.

Well that's the thing, EVGA reputation wise has always seemed like the "Amazon in their prime time" of PC parts manufacturers to me. IE the guys that would do you a solid even if something WAS your fault. So if they're telling people to pound sand on 900$ motherboards and even trying to turn people away for various repairs... yeah I guess either my impression was always wrong, or they've recently changed. I'm thinking it's the latter. Not sure if I should be recommending them as much anymore to potential builders and buyers, if they're starting to try to weasel their way out of RMA claims.

That's always been the case. Comes down to if you have the money and are forward thinking or, you want to budget a purchase and are okay with older tech. No right or wrong answer here, only ones preference. Your PC, your rules. Personally for me, I would rather have new but others here are ok with older b-stock.
That is complete and utter BS. Turing was the first generation where there was ever an issue that I saw trying to get a card in the first few days but even then I got one. With Ampere there were for sure issues but there were many factors involved. Essentially outside of Ampere I've always gotten any card at launch that I've ever wanted and also at normal MSRP.

That is complete and utter BS. Turing was the first generation where there was ever an issue that I saw trying to get a card in the first few days but even then I got one. With Ampere there were for sure issues but there were many factors involved. Essentially outside of Ampere I've always gotten any card at launch that I've ever wanted and also at normal MSRP.
Maxwell and Pascal had some issues too though for a couple of weeks and nothing approaching Ampere-Gate. The 970 in particular was close to 500 for many weeks after launch despite being a 300 part I think.

Maxwell and Pascal had some issues too though for a couple of weeks and nothing approaching Ampere-Gate. The 970 in particular was close to 500 for many weeks after launch despite being a 300 part I think.
Was thinking exactly that with Pascal.
I tried to get one of the very first 1080ti FE cards within seconds of the launch on a number of sites but they were gone, nothing left.
I had to do a pre-order and wait a few weeks for the next cards to arrive.

Nothing like the problems getting a 3080, that proved impossible unless scammed.
Ended up getting a 3090 at around list price 2 months later the moment some were in stock, cos the situation looked like it was worsening and I didnt fancy paying 3090 prices for a 3080.
Might as well have the real deal and use it for a couple more years.
Turned out to be a great decision.

Outside of the companies with notoriously bad customer service, you’re always going to find mixed experiences no matter how “good” the normal CS is. A lot is going to depend on the individual CSR or their managers and as companies grow bigger and have more turn-over in that department you’re going to see more mixed results if upper management isn’t keeping close enough watch. It’s also possible that following some of their big blunders with quality control these past few years EVGA has put more pressure on the RMA division to keep numbers down.
And staffing, don't forget staffing. My wife builds and manages contact centers for companies around the world and it's harder than ever right now to have the right people doing the right job and a lot of times they're just having to 'make do'.

I agree to disagree and I'll leave it at that.
Ditto. That country is one of the few who's GDP increased during the pandemic while the rest of the world literally tumbled and died off. Positive feedback loop at its finest imo.

Back