EVGA B stock GPUs on sale now! $1199 3090 FTW3

Nice, ftw3 hybrid 3090 priced at 1499 minus op's affiliate code 3 percent and free shipping.

See the 3090 down to $1,199. That's a great deal.
Screenshot 2022-05-18 071342.jpg

If I didnt have a 3080ti I'd be all over that 3090 right now considering we all know you wont be able to get a 4000 card and EVGA's "wait on the list" program is trash because I still haven't received my place in line for a card purcahse....

It's still all about that hash, the moment LHR was unlocked, 80tis became 90s and vice-versa, an 80 ti was always a 90 12 gb.

I'm not saying I won't think about it if one becomes available, but I don't see many games making any of the upper 3000 series cards I've owned break much of a sweat at 4K.
they’re absolutely sweating. you may find the performance adequate but they’re huffing and puffing to achieve that. Just look at the GPU usage and power usage. They aren’t breezing through it.

they’re absolutely sweating. you may find the performance adequate but they’re huffing and puffing to achieve that. Just look at the GPU usage and power usage. They aren’t breezing through it.
Well yeah; GPU usage should always be 100% anyways. If it's not you either need a CPU upgrade (rarely an issue if you have something from the past few generations), are playing at too low of a resolution and/or capped frame rate, and/or don't have enough IQ settings enabled.

Ideally, you definitely want to be bottlenecked by only your GPU when gaming in any situation, even with flagship card(s) in the rig. IMO with DLSS and other AI upscaling tech getting better, along with standard resolutions not changing much the past several years, upgrading every gen is definitely making less sense now than ever before.

Some of us cap our frame rate :D

Well yeah; GPU usage should always be 100% anyways. If it's not you either need a CPU upgrade (rarely an issue if you have something from the past few generations), are playing at too low of a resolution and/or capped frame rate, and/or don't have enough IQ settings enabled.

Ideally, you definitely want to be bottlenecked by only your GPU when gaming in any situation, even with flagship card(s) in the rig. IMO with DLSS and other AI upscaling tech getting better, along with standard resolutions not changing much the past several years, upgrading every gen is definitely making less sense now than ever before.
Not when you're gaming in VR. You need a lot of headroom so you don't get slowdowns, which can mess with you and cause motion sickness. I usually target 60-70% utilization, on average, to ensure I have a smooth VR gaming experience.

Not when you're gaming in VR. You need a lot of headroom so you don't get slowdowns, which can mess with you and cause motion sickness. I usually target 60-70% utilization, on average, to ensure I have a smooth VR gaming experience.
You still want your GPU to be your only potential bottleneck in situations where you're artificially capping the frame rate. My point stands.

You still want your GPU to be your only potential bottleneck in situations where you're artificially capping the frame rate. My point stands.
My bad. I read your whole post EXCEPT for this part "are playing at too low of a resolution and/or capped frame rate". Apologies.

Doesn’t mean anything. 4K is absolutely not a walk in the park for 30 series cards unless you’re limiting your gameplay to CSGO and capping your frame rate. I’ve yet to see a single review where the conclusion is a 3080 or better scoffs at running 4k games.
I agree with you to a degree. Either they came up with such a great cooling solution on the 3090 Ti or the card isn't working as hard since it runs almost 10 degrees cooler than my previous 3080 Ti.

Guys, be very careful putting $1,000 into these b-stock cards right now for the very real fact, the 4xxx series is launching at the end of July / early August according to nVidia and or trusted sources. They are def launching early to get ahead of AMD and their RNDA3 which is expected to very possibly out perform nVidia with their new chiplet GPU design.

The 4090 is expected to be massively faster than the 3090 ti, 30 - 40%? Dunno the numbers.

$1,000 is gonna be pretty close to getting a 4080 if you guys can wait 90 days give or take a month?

Just hard to buy something like that with 40 series right around the corner, even if it's a good deal.

Bear in mind, 40xx series will be priced higher to start and will also have super boosted prices on top until over 1 year after launch, thats 1.5 yrs+ from now.
Perhaps it will be worse than the 30xx series launch, more people are wise to the money making power of reselling now.
How long will it be before you can get one at a decent price?

I paid 50% more than the OPs price for a high end 3090 1.5 yrs ago and consider that a good deal given what happened after!

Bear in mind, 40xx series will be priced higher to start and will also have super boosted prices on top until over 1 year after launch, thats 1.5 yrs+ from now.
Perhaps it will be worse than the 30xx series launch, more people are wise to the money making power of reselling now.

I paid 50% more than the OPs price for a high end 3090 1.5 yrs ago and consider that a good deal given what happened after!
This is my thinking as well.

That's always been the case. Comes down to if you have the money and are forward thinking or, you want to budget a purchase and are okay with older tech. No right or wrong answer here, only ones preference. Your PC, your rules. Personally for me, I would rather have new but others here are ok with older b-stock.

That's always been the case. Comes down to if you have the money and are forward thinking or, you want to budget a purchase and are okay with older tech. No right or wrong answer here, only ones preference. Your PC, your rules. Personally for me, I would rather have new but others here are ok with older b-stock.

That has most certainly not always been the case. Yes, they always sell out and yes there are scalpers, especially at the beginning but that usually lasts for a month or two before supply catches up with demand. Cards selling for 3x MSRP over a year in, demand out pacing supply for nearly the entire product life cycle and cards still selling for above MSRP a month or two from a new release with people still being able to nab MSRP or near MSRP for their used wares that’s been minded on for two years has NEVER happened prior to this Gen.

That has most certainly not always been the case. Yes, they always sell out and yes there are scalpers, especially at the beginning but that usually lasts for a month or two before supply catches up with demand. Cards selling for 3x MSRP over a year in, demand out pacing supply for nearly the entire product life cycle and cards still selling for above MSRP a month or two from a new release with people still being able to nab MSRP or near MSRP for their used wares that’s been minded on for two years has NEVER happened prior to this Gen.
Not going to debate you, we think each other has a different opinion, and we do, and that's fine. I am not a young guy. I take 1 or 2 mental steps to arrive at a conclusion, younger men than me, take 15 steps to figure things out. They do this because they have more time to waste as where, I do not. Each couple of years, video cards get more expensive, and, I have to wait longer in line to get them. Not always, but lately. Those are my 2 mental steps. That's my reality / experience so there probably won't be any changing that. If you want to dive into what color the box is, market this, market that, benchmarks, driver issues, supply this, supply that or any of the other 15 steps, that's fine. Me, I wake up early, take with me a little more money than I did the last time and go and wait in line. This Aug, I have a $2240ish gift card I will take with me from returning a RTX 3090 on a 2 year warranty that I recently ( 2 months ago ) returned for a "ticking" fan. I am pretty sure my $2200 gift card will cover the RTX 4090. 6 or so years ago it was around $800 for a GTX 1080, 2 years after that, $1200 or $1300 for a RTX 2080, 2 years after that, $1800 or so for an RTX 3090, this July or Aug, $2,000+ for a RTX 4090. I had to wait inline for the RTX 3090 for 19 hours. This July or Aug, I will not have to wait but rather scan a QR code at Microcenter and hope they text me in the morning. If not, I will catch people leaving the store and offer them a $2200 gift card plus $300 or so hundred in cash. That took me 2 or 3 steps to figure out and not once, did I stop and consider how big the cooler was on the GPU or if China or Taiwanese factories were able to produce enough of them. I will leave that task to you.

Not going to debate you, we think each other has a different opinion, and we do, and that's fine. I am not a young guy. I take 1 or 2 mental steps to arrive at a conclusion, younger men than me, take 15 steps to figure things out. They do this because they have more time to waste as where, I do not. Each couple of years, video cards get more expensive, and, I have to wait longer in line to get them. Not always, but lately. Those are my 2 mental steps. That's my reality / experience so there probably won't be any changing that. If you want to dive into what color the box is, market this, market that, benchmarks, driver issues, supply this, supply that or any of the other 15 steps, that's fine. Me, I wake up early, take with me a little more money than I did the last time and go and wait in line. This Aug, I have a $2240ish gift card I will take with me from returning a RTX 3090 on a 2 year warranty that I recently ( 2 months ago ) returned for a "ticking" fan. I am pretty sure my $2200 gift card will cover the RTX 4090. 6 or so years ago it was around $800 for a GTX 1080, 2 years after that, $1200 or $1300 for a RTX 2080, 2 years after that, $1800 or so for an RTX 3090, this July or Aug, $2,000+ for a RTX 4090. I had to wait inline for the RTX 3090 for 19 hours. This July or Aug, I will not have to wait but rather scan a QR code at Microcenter and hope they text me in the morning. If not, I will catch people leaving the store and offer them a $2200 gift card plus $300 or so hundred in cash. That took me 2 or 3 steps to figure out and not once, did I stop and consider how big the cooler was on the GPU or if China or Taiwanese factories were able to produce enough of them. I will leave that task to you.
Why did you jump from 1080->2080->3090? You're skipping the fact that the 3080 was ~$800 msrp just like the 1080.

There’s no debate. The claim “it’s always been this way” is patently and verifiably false. I’m also in my 40s. Hardly young. I didn’t read the rest since you said you weren’t going to argue.

Anyone who thinks that in 2 months a 4070/4080/4090 is going to cost what a 3070/3080/3090 costs right now is kidding themselves. You probably won't even be able to get one.
Agreed, the fiasco with 40 series cards will continue. If corrupt world governments (and I include the US in that statement) decide to make Monkey Pox the next COVID, this will be the case indefinitely. If they stop with the manufactured crisis’ we may see some sense of normalcy by 50 series when new Samsung, TSMC and Intel fabs in AZ and TX are online.

To be clear, im not suggesting 40 series will be easily attainable for MSRP two months after release. What I am saying is the market for 30 series cards is something we’ve never seen before, not that we’ll never see again.

Agreed, the fiasco with 40 series cards will continue. If corrupt world governments (and I include the US in that statement) decide to make Monkey Pox the next COVID, this will be the case indefinitely. If they stop with the manufactured crisis’ we may see some sense of normalcy by 50 series when new Samsung, TSMC and Intel fabs in AZ and TX are online.

To be clear, im not suggesting 40 series will be easily attainable for MSRP two months after release. What I am saying is the market for 30 series cards is something we’ve never seen before, not that we’ll never see again.
These aren't manufactured crises. China decided to go into full lockdown because of covid spread. That only hurts their productivity and profits, it's not something they would do if they didn't think they had to.

These aren't manufactured crises. China decided to go into full lockdown because of covid spread. That only hurts their productivity and profits, it's not something they would do if they didn't think they had to.

I agree to disagree and I'll leave it at that.

As long as people can make money mining with video cards, they will be expensive. And with inflation going at 8 to 15% depending if you trust the governments' funny figures, MSRPs set 3 years ago don't have a lot of meaning.

So forgetting the whole Covid argument, there's a strong chance that the over-MSRP new normal will continue into the foreseeable future.

Look at how video cards have bottomed out. 3070s have bottomed out around $630-650, 3070 Tis at $699 etc. Prices have stopped dropping despite those cards being constantly in stock now. Forget about buying cards 25% below MSRP, those days aren't returning any time soon.

This is my thinking as well.

I upgraded both my PCs finally after waiting 2 years. I wasn't about to roll the dice on the next generation when I could get cards at MSRP now (even if during normal times they SHOULD be cheaper).

Hell if a 4080 comes out and people CAN actually buy them without using bots within the next 12 months, I'll still consider it a win, because I can play top end games NOW (whereas before I couldn't).

Anyone who thinks that in 2 months a 4070/4080/4090 is going to cost what a 3070/3080/3090 costs right now is kidding themselves. You probably won't even be able to get one.
You're right, you need to bring your big boy money to the table, if not, jump on a b-stock and ride it out.

Dang if a 3080 Ti comes up on EVGA's B-Stock website, it might end up being about the same price as the open box one I got. I'm estimating $850-900, unless they're only going to take that massive of a price cut off the 3090's specifically, because they were so high priced. I got my open box for 910, so I guess you folks are waiting with baited breath for something besides a 3090 to come down the pipe on that site., if it hasn't already.

I've been pondering over whether to return my 3080Ti to Microcenter and waiting until next gen but... eh. Though it might end up being the smart thing to do, I think I'm gonna just keep the thing. And maybe pray I can get onto to the EVGA step up... but if I do, I do; if I don't, I don't. I think I can just live with this one until the next series down the line anyway, and as everyone has pointed out there's a lot of uncertainty about the supply and whatnot.

Dang if a 3080 Ti comes up on EVGA's B-Stock website, it might end up being about the same price as the open box one I got. I'm estimating $850-900, unless they're only going to take that massive of a price cut off the 3090's specifically, because they were so high priced. I got my open box for 910, so I guess you folks are waiting with baited breath for something besides a 3090 to come down the pipe on that site., if it hasn't already.

I've been pondering over whether to return my 3080Ti to Microcenter and waiting until next gen but... eh. Though it might end up being the smart thing to do, I think I'm gonna just keep the thing. And maybe pray I can get onto to the EVGA step up... but if I do, I do; if I don't, I don't. I think I can just live with this one until the next series down the line anyway, and as everyone has pointed out there's a lot of uncertainty about the supply and whatnot.
If your microcenter receipt says open-box, EVGA may not allow you to step up.

If your microcenter receipt says open-box, EVGA may not allow you to step up.

It just says "Clearance Markdown". Not sure if that means the same thing in their eyes, but no, Open Box is not mentioned anywhere on the page of the receipt image that I uploaded when I registered it.

That being said, I'm kind of starting to feel iffy about EVGA in general now. That guy that bought a $900 Mobo and then their support just told him to pound sand, when reality is they can't even prove that he's the one that messed it up... along with a few other anecdotes in that thread where they gave people beef for trying to do RMAs and stuff. Is EVGA simply not as consumer friendly as reputed...? Even though it was basically barely within the warranty, Gigabyte still faithfully replaced my 980 Ti, and then when I showed them that the replacement 980 Ti did not work, they just sent me a 1080 since they had no other 980 Ti's in stock. And that thing is still working just fine in my other computers. Would EVGA do the same...? Hmm...

It just says "Clearance Markdown". Not sure if that means the same thing in their eyes, but no, Open Box is not mentioned anywhere on the page of the receipt image that I uploaded when I registered it.

That being said, I'm kind of starting to feel iffy about EVGA in general now. That guy that bought a $900 Mobo and then their support just told him to pound sand, when reality is they can't even prove that he's the one that messed it up... along with a few other anecdotes in that thread where they gave people beef for trying to do RMAs and stuff. Is EVGA simply not as consumer friendly as reputed...? Even though it was basically barely within the warranty, Gigabyte still faithfully replaced my 980 Ti, and then when I showed them that the replacement 980 Ti did not work, they just sent me a 1080 since they had no other 980 Ti's in stock. And that thing is still working just fine in my other computers. Would EVGA do the same...? Hmm...

Outside of the companies with notoriously bad customer service, you’re always going to find mixed experiences no matter how “good” the normal CS is. A lot is going to depend on the individual CSR or their managers and as companies grow bigger and have more turn-over in that department you’re going to see more mixed results if upper management isn’t keeping close enough watch. It’s also possible that following some of their big blunders with quality control these past few years EVGA has put more pressure on the RMA division to keep numbers down.

Back