evga b stock 970 gtx 259 , 980 369

got a 970 SSC ACX 2.0+...... Didn't need a new card :O. Good deal though IMO. Does this mean I should build a whole new rig lol

These have actually been at this price for a little while I believe...
I was going to update the long thread I had on here, but I figured by that point everyone had gotten all the B-Stock 970's they could possibly want since it wasn't garnering that much attention any longer, so I abstained. I suppose I was wrong.

lol on the B-stock 760 and 770 prices. Those will never sell as 960 and 970 are faster and cheaper. What are they thinking?

Wait, two of them for that price isn't that bad then.

I don't think it actually is two of them. Even if it was, no it is actually not a terribly good price. You could get two of the B-Stock 980's for a bit more (comparatively), or you could get two 970's for a good chunk less (which would perform similarly if not better due to being newer). So no even if it was two of them the 780Ti's are not a competitive deal...

lol on the B-stock 760 and 770 prices. Those will never sell as 960 and 970 are faster and cheaper. What are they thinking?
Plenty of people are very ignorant about hardware. Even after fees, I actually sold my 770 on Ebay for nearly what I had paid for it new. Many years ago, idiots were paying over twice as much for 6800gt cards than what I was asking for a newer and faster 8600gt and could never sell it.

Plenty of people are very ignorant about hardware. Even after fees, I actually sold my 770 on Ebay for nearly what I had paid for it new. Many years ago, idiots were paying over twice as much for 6800gt cards than what I was asking for a newer and faster 8600gt and could never sell it.

6800GT / 7800GS agp were special -- people wanting to max out their old agp systems! Which reminds me, I need to sell my og Titan ...

6800GT / 7800GS agp were special -- people wanting to max out their old agp systems! Which reminds me, I need to sell my og Titan ...
Yes I could understand the more niche AGP at that time but I am referring to even the pci-e models though too.

Bought the 980sc. Not a bad price for refurb, although I'd expected the prices for retail to be lower than they currently are. Oh well, SLI now.

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 is $240 now.

Tempting as hell, going SLI should give me enough juice to drive an Oculus at solid frames....but by the time I pick one up I'm willing to bet the next gen of cards will be out.

How does the 970 compare to the 780? I have two in SLI and was thinking about getting two 970's. Anybody have any input on the matter?

Probably not a big enough upgrade to warrant the money Modboxx. My last rig was 2 780 lightning's and my current rig is 2 970's. Both were 1440p, on different monitors though. The framerates are very similar (minus the benefits of the newer generation of cards in some games)

Picked up the 970 ACX 2.0 earlier this week for 260 here, to replace a dead 7850 in a spare computer i let my friends use when they come over.

Friend let me borrow 750ti in the mean time, but i couldnt resist picking up another 970 for this computer, as i use one in my main rig.

Kinda sucks I coulda saved $20 if I had waited, but such is life.

I currently have a GTX 780 Ti SC +ACX running triple 1080P 24" monitors.

I've been looking at cards to see if it's worth me upgrading and for the most part, I don't see a point yet.

even though the GTX 980 Ti looks really tempting.

The b-stock prices for 780's actually look pretty decent... $199.99 and $209.99.

Last edited:
There are some 770 4gb's going now for $129.99.

The 780 ti Kingpin was going for $179.99. While I was contemplating the number of power connectors on that card, and wondering whether it would dim the lights in my apt building, it went out of stock.

So, I just picked up a 770 4gb classified on impulse.

Dang!

a6Xmmhv.png

Love the look of the eVGA cards... can't stand the power connector positions on the newer cards.

Saw those 780's and 770's last night. Very good prices but didn't pull the trigger. gone now.

Thinking about upgrading from my GTX 570 powered by a [email protected] at 1440p. I only do light gaming - dota 2, tf2, skyrim, wow, eso, etc.

I'd like to spend as little as possible to get a modest upgrade. Would I be throwing my money away by getting a 760 4g ($99) or 770 2g ($130) over the 970?

From 570 to 970 is big leap. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it. That 780 ti is even better money wise.

At this price, I really might buy that 980 Ti and go from my 780 SLI to one 980 Ti... Hmm... but it's unnecessary... but that price lol.

Thinking about upgrading from my GTX 570 powered by a [email protected] at 1440p. I only do light gaming - dota 2, tf2, skyrim, wow, eso, etc.

I'd like to spend as little as possible to get a modest upgrade. Would I be throwing my money away by getting a 760 4g ($99) or 770 2g ($130) over the 970?
A 760 would only be about 35% faster than your old card I would not buy a 770 with only 2 GB of vram what this point. Get a 970 so you can have a real upgrade after all this time.

Looks like they have a GTX 680 Mac Edition (out of stock but I'm hopeful) that would be a match for my current 680. Less than $100 if it goes back in stock...

hrm bought my 970 first day of post. no email updates, no online record of order, but $1.00 holding charge on my card still there? WTF is up?

That's odd mine already shipped will be here tuesday. Kind of wish I had gotten a 980 ti now and not 2x970s but all well.

:(. probably a glitch and I won't get it now. Now they are out of the Oc'd ones and mine was the same price or $10 cheaper than the regular one; go figure.

Wish I knew about this sooner! Just picked up 3 780Ti Classifieds for $240 a piece which is alright I guess. Not in stock but that 780Ti Kingpin pricing...

Back