EVGA Announces XR1, the World's First OBS Certified Capture Device

erek

[H]F Junkie
"For The Game Streamer: Instantly capture and stream every moment every win of your gameplay. For the Working Professional: Connect a camera to set up web conference, meetings, lectures, or seminars for higher video quality. For the Power User: Connect multiple EVGA XR1 with connected cameras for multi angle broadcast. Show your audio levels, change colors and more with the press of a button. Control your Mic-In volume with the built in controls, no need to exit your game or launch software. The EVGA XR1 is the FIRST device that is Certified for OBS. Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows."

1600321115531.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/272253/evga-announces-xr1-the-worlds-first-obs-certified-capture-device

So EVGA releases this 4k/60Hz/HDR streaming device on the EXACT SAME DAY that they release GPUs that finally enable us to do 4k/120Hz/HDR?

I ordered one to test against my Elgato HD60s+. Depending on how much I like the features and if it offers better performance may just sell off the Elgato.

So EVGA releases this 4k/60Hz/HDR streaming device on the EXACT SAME DAY that they release GPUs that finally enable us to do 4k/120Hz/HDR?

In fairness, it wasn't much of a graphics release as nobody can get them.

I mean you probably can actually buy their streaming card. The 3080 not so much.

The device is only capable of encoding 1080p/60. 4k/60 is just what it's capable of doing in terms of passthrough.
I think the greater application for this is going to be console based streamers.

Back