evga and its warranties?

badbadtz560

Limp Gawd
Mainly asking for advice here... but if i recall, even if evga doesn't replace for free, they at least offer you a repair cost right?

My 8800gts, which was registered maybe 2-3 years ago, is artifacting. I did mod it with an hr-03 and it's stayed consistently under 80. I have the original heatsink but lost the screws, so I mentioned that in the rma request.

However, it's been crappin out with l4d recently and I tried for an RMA. They declined this saying it's outside of 1 year warranty.

It's definitely registered in my account and the part # is 320-P2-N811-AR.. which corresponds to a lifetime warranty. Should I bitch at'em or do they not honor warranty for modding cards?

Even if it is a registered part, you need the purchase receipt in order to submit a claim for RMA service.

Last edited:
proof of purchase being the receipt that i sent them twice now? or do u mean they want me to keep that upc code off of the box for 2 years? b/c I def have the receipt uploaded as it is part of their registration process. and my product page under my evga account does say invoice uploaded

ah ok nevermind. I registered it after the 30 day registration period. My bad on that one

and i believe they wont provide any warranty if you have moded it.

you can use 3rd party cooling. at least you used to be able to. but if original parts are missing......

proof of purchase being the receipt that i sent them twice now? or do u mean they want me to keep that upc code off of the box for 2 years? b/c I def have the receipt uploaded as it is part of their registration process. and my product page under my evga account does say invoice uploaded

Not the UPC code, the actual receipt.

talk to someone about it, you did end up registering it, and if it was close to the 30day period they should just ignore 30day thing, which IMO is kinda stupid

You CAN put on an aftermarket cooler, or replace thermal paste on EVGA cards and them still be fully covered by the warranty. However if you mount aftermarket cooling you must place the factory cooling back on for RMA service.

If you politely ask they may offer you a one time replacement, even though it was supposed to be registered within the first 30 days of purchase for the lifetime warranty.

The reason for the registration within the first 30 days is due to a few things. For one the 90 step-up program. 2 they want to make sure you are the original purchaser from a verified retailer. This way someone cannot buy a card sell it, then give the new owner the receipt to register for the warranty. It is a small price to pay for a LIFETIME warranty IMHO.

Hope that helps and good luck with your card! :D

well.. problem being that i registered 2 months after and that i lost the original screws on the heatsink... I'm sure I coudl dig some up to screw it back on....

alright i went in arms swingin and they offered me a one-time replacement :D thx guys.. one thing tho.. can anyone give me a picture of what the screws look like for the original heatsink? I think I found the screws that came with it... but i'm unsure of what the back side (side w/o heatsink on it) looks like

They should be small screws with springs that mount between the PCB and the screw head.

Back